• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have to hand the computer in to be fixed, so I will be less-often online for about two weeks, and les work will get done.

Recent work includes converting the Cossack Hetmanate file and updating the Condottieri file. In the latter I have changed the Gonzalez de Cordoba events to take account of the fact that he is born in Al-Andalus, not Catholic Spain. Depending on circumstances, his first offer goes to Al-Andalus, then Asturias, Navarra, Occitania and France (very unlikely).

Calipah sent some new events for Al-Andalus and these have been integrated, and by the time the computer goes I will have added to the Catalunyan events with the 'closure' of the reign of Guinidilda and her marriages after Mohammed's death.

Last edited:
Computer is back.

Completed the conversion of Cyrenaica, Dichali, Ethiopia and Finland.

Completed the conversion of France, Galicia, Regional Britain and Genoa.

You are most welcome.

Although I think it will all be in vain, as I have lost faith that Garbon will ever produce the AGCEEPs new map.

But I'll keep converting files as a personal 'completion thing'. And if the map ever comes out, then it will be ready.

I have been working recently on continuing the Catalunya events.

Would there be any chance of getting the partially completed map from Garbon and trying to get someone else to finish it? Seems a shame that seemingly AGCEEP and Interregnum might never exist on a more detailed map.

Is MyMap an option or is it too late?

I don't know if this is the right place but I did find a small bug with Burgundy if you choose to go for France.

The flags etc are all called _u21 when the game expects them to be called _u21KING and won't display them otherwise.

Dell19 said:
Would there be any chance of getting the partially completed map from Garbon and trying to get someone else to finish it? Seems a shame that seemingly AGCEEP and Interregnum might never exist on a more detailed map.

Given that he refuses to comment on the progress of the map or acknowledge my PMs, I'd say no. I don't personally have the ability to do the map, so I can't really criticize, but I wish we had known over a year ago that it wasn't anywhere near completion.

Is MyMap an option or is it too late?

When I think about all the work I'd have to redo to convert the game to MyMap, my heart just sinks.

I suppose it isn't too late, but I don't have the enthusiasm for it just now.

mandead said:
Lost faith in Garbon!? :confused: :eek:o :(

In regards to the new map ever coming out, yes.

As someone who has contributed (and continues to contribute) hugely to the AGCEEP and (to a lesser extent) other mods, absolutely not. :D

That said, if it does come out, we'll be ready to use it, and he will get a lot of credit in Interregnum. :D

Dell19 said:
I don't know if this is the right place but I did find a small bug with Burgundy if you choose to go for France.

The flags etc are all called _u21 when the game expects them to be called _u21KING and won't display them otherwise.

When, in the starting event, you choose action_b, you change country from BUR to u21. However, the flag set essentially remains the same. For the Kingdom of Burgundy (action_a) there is a subsequent event with the command

Code:
		command = { type = flagname which = KING }

There are corresponding flags and shields for burKING which I have seen come into existance as they should.

I can't find any reference to u21KING as a flag or as a command for u21.

u21 shouldn't change flag, until it forms France, of course. ;)

Can you direct me to the event for u21 with the flagname command?

Matty

Last edited:
I don't think I have the saved game anymore and it might just be my install or operating system being picky.

Once I switched to u21 the flag piece of code was still in the saved game file and was also there when I became France:

country = {
tag = FRA
flagname = "KING"
ai = {
flags = {
altref = no
asian_explorer = no
berri_core = no
boromini_accepted = no
boromini_accepted2 = no
bullioncrisis = no
burgundian_culture = no
claim_mexico = no
crusade = no
czar = no
dauphiné_core = no
gaelic_law = no
graduate_me = yes
ile_de_france_core = no
internal_dissent_random_avoid = no
internal_dissent_random_crush = no
lexhalicia = no
loansize120 = yes
loansize140 = no
loansize90 = yes
lorraine_core = no
luxembourg_core = no
lyonnais_core = no
minor_power = no
monastic_random = yes
national_bank = no
palace_random_1 = yes
Papacy = no
picardie_core = no
piemonte_core = no
player_run = yes
political_upheaval = no
provence_core = no
savoie_core = no
}

I think its probably because in the first event I chose to become Burgundy (Wasn't ready for war) and then chose to become U21 in the event 422051 rather than change to Burgundy culture. Perhaps the flag is added because of the first event and then not removed?

Dell19 said:
I don't think I have the saved game anymore and it might just be my install or operating system being picky.

Once I switched to u21 the flag piece of code was still in the saved game file and was also there when I became France:

I think its probably because in the first event I chose to become Burgundy (Wasn't ready for war) and then chose to become U21 in the event 422051 rather than change to Burgundy culture. Perhaps the flag is added because of the first event and then not removed?

You have it.

Thank you, excellent forensic work.

I will add flagname change events for the other switch event.

mandead said:
The map is "90% complete" - the final say is down to Garbon though, of course. :)

This is the first news of substance in well over a year. :cool:

A year ago a High Council member told me it was "about a month away", so although your percentage may be accurate, this does not mean the map will ever appear, or even any time soon.

And while the map may be 90% complete, there is still a lot of work to then do on matching it up with the province.csv

But thank you, my faith is somewhat restored. ;)

Last edited:
MattyG said:
You have it.

Thank you, excellent forensic work.

I will add flagname change events for the other switch event.

Glad I could help. I guess Burgundy and that decision path are probably not that popular as its a bit gamey. Although it was also a bit gamey to cancel the vassalisation, the alliance and then to go to war against Orleans and Savoy whilst they are both weak.

Dell19 said:
Glad I could help. I guess Burgundy and that decision path are probably not that popular as its a bit gamey. Although it was also a bit gamey to cancel the vassalisation, the alliance and then to go to war against Orleans and Savoy whilst they are both weak.

There's a long and glorious hsitory of nations attacking 'allies' when they are weak. Teamwork can only take you so far, then the truly powerful must step forward.

Not a bug but it would be nice to have an option in the breakaway nation events rather than losing a province. I'm playing as Brittany and don't have an amazingly large nation but Lisbon broke away. This would be fine normally however I had no military leaders so Al Andalus ended up stealing the siege and the province. I would have preferred lots of rebels rather than a breakaway nation or at least a minor military leader or a CB on the province so that I had a chance to retake the province.

I did reload a few times and there was no chance of me getting the province back so in the end I had to modify the save game file.

Admittedly I'm just venting.

edit: Turned out that I corrupted the save so I ended up removing the Al Andalus war so that I could fight the war on my own.

Last edited:
Dell19 said:
Not a bug but it would be nice to have an option in the breakaway nation events rather than losing a province. I'm playing as Brittany and don't have an amazingly large nation but Lisbon broke away. This would be fine normally however I had no military leaders so Al Andalus ended up stealing the siege and the province. I would have preferred lots of rebels rather than a breakaway nation or at least a minor military leader or a CB on the province so that I had a chance to retake the province.

I did reload a few times and there was no chance of me getting the province back so in the end I had to modify the save game file.

Admittedly I'm just venting.

edit: Turned out that I corrupted the save so I ended up removing the Al Andalus war so that I could fight the war on my own.

I can understand your frustration in this example.

Here's the problem: we want to be able to represent cessetionary movements that natrually occur in large states, but the rebels of EU2 are not a particularly good way of expressing this, as they can be easily defeated by the ai and often 'walk off' into a neighbouring province in ahistorical and unrelated fashion instead of liberating the initial province or even doing something useful like staying there to defend their homeland.

So, to make a decent fight of it, we thought to have a state simply emerge, bypassing the awkward-and-often-ineffective rebels in favour of something that knew vaguely how to defend itself.

having Al-Andalus also invade and defeat them is not necessarily hard to believe, but I think that one of the things we can do to mitigate it is this: add the cores for the breakaway provinces to the original event, to make it easier for the player to retake them, with the built-in reward that you have scored the cores as a result(the world now grudgingly accepts you are the ruler of that region.)