Attention is love.
- Mar 23, 2003
Until the release of the first beta of Interregnum 2, this sticky will help keep people up-to-date on what's being considered, any polls, decisions that have been made, and actual progress on getting the first beta out.
Discussion of Changing Tech Levels in 1419 and the Assumption about European Innovation.
Generic Enlightenment Events
Technology level change events
Tech level effects
Changes to the Trade System
Discussion on the Alternative Reformation.
Discussion about German Culture.
Decisions Made/Known Game Features
1. Revising the assumption that Europe starts in the Latin tech (or even that it ever gets there, has received very wide acceptance. Read the discussion here.
2. Interregnum will be using the new AGCEEP map. Link to the discussion.
3. German culture will now begin in four parts: Dutch, Low, Middle and High. See the poll.
1. Updated all of the main nation event files with the new versions of the "I See You're Playing XXXX", now three versions, one for the ai, which sets the techgroup flag, one for the player setting techgroup and player_run flags and one if the nations starts ai and then goes player later (sets player_run but not techgroup flags). Lots of work. Very boring. Still have to do all the non-selectable states and most of the revolters. Even more boring.
2. Added the commands setflag = xxxxx_culture to each of those events so that we have a means of tracking which nations have which cultures and can trigger events based on culture ownership/non-ownership. haven't done the German states as their cultures are being decided.
3. Received from Garbon the definitive province number/name list and submitted to MichaelM the generic province-based events for replication: Jizya, Wake of War and Core Gaining events.
4. Completed the assignment of knownprovinces to all the starting countries. Long somewhat boring task.
5. Began the more fun task of assigning province ownership. About 40 nations done, the New World, British Isles, Gaul, Iberia and North Africa.
6. Completed province assignment for Germany, Lowlands, Italy, Poland, Scandinavia, KoJ, Baltic and H-V. Added a number of new German and Italian states.
7. As I have been doing each nation, I have also been updating the revolt.txt file. I am hoping that I am not making too many mistakes, as a lot of the errors in these files simply crash the game (or prevent it from loading) without even telling you what the problem is.
8. Added the updated events for Cores, Wake of War and Jizya replicated by MichaelM.
9. Added nations in Russia and Ukraine, including returning Novgorod to the fold. Added Golden Horde, Georgia and Armenia.
10. Completed the Caliphate and Arabian Peninsula, Seljuk Egypt, Nubia, Adal and Ethiopia, the four West African nations, Kongo, Zulu, Zimbabwe and Xhosa.
11. Completed the Il-Khanate, Japan and Korea and added all the generic and nation-specific events for technology group change. Still waiting for the sea zone numbers and siafu is working on China.