• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally actually finished Byzantium, which was a complex file that needed revision and renumbering as well as province number changes.

Now onto Caliphate and to add the first events to the Cacoal!

Completed the Caliphate, which was a huge endeavour. Only Eire, Genoa and Swabia clock in with such big files. The rest of the countries will seem pretty easy in comparison.

Since no one post here for some time I will post to make sure you don't feel abandoned :p

Well this the best mod for EU2 (together with AGCEEP but more creative) And I really appreciate your work here,I am eagerly awaiting the new version

Well thats it! :D

TheConqueror said:
Since no one post here for some time I will post to make sure you don't feel abandoned :p

Well this the best mod for EU2 (together with AGCEEP but more creative) And I really appreciate your work here,I am eagerly awaiting the new version

Well thats it! :D

No it isn't ...

Now you begin to contribute ... :D

Thanks for your appreciation!

Sheridan said:
Just an idea... I know there's graphics and such available courtesy of previous mods...

What about Vinland?

There was a lot of discussion about Vinland. It was added into the mod two and a half years ago. Three different times people offered some ideas and promised material, but never gave anything. So, over a year ago I took Vinland out without telling anyone, to see if someone noticed. No one has.

I'd be interested in that, it would give Haudenosaunee something to do and deal with. Though, I'm still writing events for Danzig/SuccessorDanzig, so it would be on my to-do-list.

Also, I don't know much about scandinavian culture, so I would need to study it.

If you do reinstate Vinland, you can count on my help, should you choose to accept it.

If you don't, it's no skin off my back.

Time Consumer said:
I'd be interested in that, it would give Haudenosaunee something to do and deal with. Though, I'm still writing events for Danzig/SuccessorDanzig, so it would be on my to-do-list.

Also, I don't know much about scandinavian culture, so I would need to study it.

If you do reinstate Vinland, you can count on my help, should you choose to accept it.

If you don't, it's no skin off my back.

Here are the three Vinland threads.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205372

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244331

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275138

I am not averse to bringing Vinland back in, but the promoters of Vinland wanted more than could be reasonably accommodated. They would have had it be able to grow into a major state spreading throughout the new England to Newfoundland region, which is far to great of an impact on the colonization period.

Moreover the social and political ramifications of finding the Vinlanders there (and not heathens) would need to be better thought through.

Last edited:
Ivanelterrible said:
This was and remains my favorite EUII mod, and indeed my favorite AH mod in general. Can't wait for the new version as well!

Thank you!

TheConqueror said:
So how's progress ?

Mum was visiting for a month, studies, started part-time work.

Mostly I have been working on Catalunya, as you can see from its thread. I have done more work on that file but haven't posted it all yet.

I converted savoy to Int2, changing it to Arles. Tricky file to convert.

Made a lot of changes to various elements like country names, spellings, bits of history.

How's progress on the little project I sent you. :D

As for myself, it is very frustrating work on this, largely due to the incomplete map. Not because I am frustrated with the wait, no. Largely because I can't see what I'm doing.

Also, I'm still trying to settle on the outline of things for Danzig, and I can't even finish it all until most of the other stuff has been converted, for example, the Sund Crisis. Regardless, I won't stop working.

I worry though that I won't be able to play it. My image-viewing software slows to a crawl when I load your full-size map to look at it.

Time Consumer said:
As for myself, it is very frustrating work on this, largely due to the incomplete map. Not because I am frustrated with the wait, no. Largely because I can't see what I'm doing.

Also, I'm still trying to settle on the outline of things for Danzig, and I can't even finish it all until most of the other stuff has been converted, for example, the Sund Crisis. Regardless, I won't stop working.

I worry though that I won't be able to play it. My image-viewing software slows to a crawl when I load your full-size map to look at it.

I have the same problem unless I use the .gif version and open it with Paint. Of course, it does depend on the speed of your processor. Maybe try printing off sections and having a permanent version. You could write on the numbers of the provinces from the Assigned Provinces file. Hey presto. That's the kind of organizational solution that YOU should have come up with, surely! :D

Once Catalunya is done I will return my attention to that big project, synthesizing and revising the Hussite and Sund sequences along with the new file for the Vitallians. Then you can work on Danzig.

My only other advice for you is that writing comes with writing.

Matty

Recent work completed includes the cycle of Catalunyan events up until the death of Guinidilda. More to come once I know what Calipah wants me to do with Mohammed.

I have begun the Vitalian Brotherhood/Gotland cycle, including events for the Vitalian conquest of Stockholm and the subsequent early breakup of the Union of Kalmar, and for the direction of Gotland should it go for peace with Kalmar and the resulting piracy in the Baltic.

Following the debate with bobtdwarf, I have started the events for the Early Reformation cycle, beginning the the trigger event where the Pope decides to try and oppose the election of another Wittelsbach. The first two event series for that involve the appointment/election of archbishops for Trier and Mainz. There will then be events to convince elector-princes in Brandenburg and Saxony to elect a non-Wittelsbach. If this all works, the Wittelsbachs hold their own election system, refuse to accept the choice of the Papal party and ultimately leads to a Henry VIII style break with Rome and Protestantism.

Added Trier, Bornu Empire and Pommerelia as starting states.

I've gotten back into Interregnum and I'm really, really enjoying it. I'm really eager to see the next version. And if there are any opportunities for me to contribute ideas (or playtest feedback, like i've got some stuff to say about the second Byzantine civil war), then definitely let me know. This mod is without a doubt the best out there, and yet still has infinite potential for more.

also, how can i see the new map?

loki1232 said:
I've gotten back into Interregnum and I'm really, really enjoying it. I'm really eager to see the next version. And if there are any opportunities for me to contribute ideas (or playtest feedback, like i've got some stuff to say about the second Byzantine civil war), then definitely let me know. This mod is without a doubt the best out there, and yet still has infinite potential for more.

also, how can i see the new map?

Loki1232,

Thank you for the compliments!

Make a thread about Byzantine civil war with all your comments, please.

Any general comments on play can go in the Interregnum 1 thread, because that's the version you are playing, but I would make changes in both mods, as apporpriate.

Ideas? Make a thread and lets have them!

As for the map, I uploaded a version here. Note that there have been some changes since then. Hinterpommern and Pommern now constitute Pommerelia. Trier is now an independent archbishopric, Pfalz is the Palatinat and Julich is part of Bavaria. There needs to be a few changes in Asia.

Completed the Vitalian/Gotland cycle, which can lead to the early demise of Kalmar (soon to be renamed as maybe Scandinavia or Nordrig or similar). The after affects can also mean privateers for hire at the cost of a little badboy, but with a chance to gain some naval tech and ducats :D .

Completed a re-building of the Sund Crisis. It now only happens once the Vitalian cycle is finished and is a little more intricate, involving provincetax decreases to all the 'captials' in the Baltic, -2 to mecklenburg and Danzig and -1 to Stockholm, Stralsund, Novgorod and Koivostu. This all has to happen before 1465. After that date there are 4 generic versions, wherein on a lesser Sund Due can be imposed (tax value +3), mainly to keep things a little simpler. Added also some random events keyed to imposing the due, benefits and detriments.

Moving on now to the Early Reformation. The family is away for six days, and it needs concentrated effort. Hopefully I can finish this before they return. Then I can pick away at the various country files. Chagatai is up next alphabetically.

Began a reorganization of some files.

Got rid of the Miscellaneous file, moving the many pieces to the various Regional_X files.

Added a new file called Culture_Change which will house all the various province based changes and events which add/remove state culture groups.

Added events to switch between Polish and german cultures in Warmia, Pomerelia, Hinterpommern, Vorpommern, Pommern, Neumark and Silesia.

The culture groups which can be gained via generic event are: Basque, Dalmatian, Levantine, Cymric, Sardinian, Ethiopian, Swahili, Somali, Lithuanian, Armenian, Albanian and Slavonic. Potentially controversial stuuf, I guess. More could (and will) be added.

On the Early Reformation sequence: in the short term, this sequence will only go as far as the Pope trying to prevent the Wittelsbachs getting elected again. If this happens, it happens, if the Wittelsbachs prevail, they prevail. The big part of the storyline is what happens if the Wittelsbachs fail to get elected, in which case they refuse to accept the verdict (or rather, they held a separate election seeing what the outcome would be) and refuse to accept the election of the 'Pope's Fool'. This ultimately leads to a break with ome and a Henry VIII style reformation. But all of this needs commonds/modding that will only come with the changes to the source code, so that string of events will need to wait.

Dalmatian is called Amazonian, and yes, I did giggle when I noticed that :p