Imperator: Rome - Known Issues and FAQ [UPDATE]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been a statement for the stuttering issue. I’m currently waiting for it to be fixed before I play and I’m pretty disappointed cause it looks fun but I can’t handle the stuttering cause it makes me sick

We are aware of the stuttering and it's being worked on as we speak! I don't have an ETA for when it might be fixed, but rest assured that our devs are working hard on fixing it!

We are aware of the stuttering and it's being worked on as we speak! I don't have an ETA for when it might be fixed, but rest assured that our devs are working hard on fixing it!
I trust that y’all will get it fixed, that’s why y’all are probably my favorite game studio because y’all listen and learn

Why do I have a blackscreen/whitescreen?
This is due to the fact that the game is loading. It will take a few seconds, be patient and it will be there within a flash!

I've waited until I could hear the music from the menu, but still white screen. And when I drag my mouse across the white screen I can hear the sound of the icons.
Basicly the sound and mouse works fine, but the screen is white.
-My specs are far beyond recomended.
-My drivers are up to date.
-I even restored my computer to its factory setting and re-installed and restarted over and over, but no change.

Hi all!

We decided to regarding a quick FAQ and Know Issues so far. If you found any bugs or tech issues, please report them within their respective subforums (Bug Reports and Tech Support). We will update the thread as we learn more about, and fix bugs!

Why do I have a blackscreen/whitescreen?
This is due to the fact that the game is loading. It will take a few seconds, be patient and it will be there within a flash!

Why can't I access Multiplayer? Why am I having trouble logging in within the launcher or launching the game?
To access multiplayer you will need a Paradox Account. We experienced some trouble with our backend with AWS, this should be fixed and working now. Let us know in the bug forum if the issue persists.

I don't have my Digital Deluxe Edition content loaded up?
Please reinstall the game and you should find your DLC content (soundtrack DLC, Deluxe content (artbook and WP)) in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\game\dlc\dlc003_art\

The game won't start properly on Windows 7!
You must have the d3dcompiler_47.dll issue, hence you are missing Service Pack 1 from windows update on windows 7!

The game won't start properly on Windows 10!
Microsoft released an update on April 9th so please make sure you have the latest update and see if that solves it::https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-10-update

"Failed to create render background", any idea what this is about?
This is the update that is required _on top of_ Win7 SP1 (see above). It will fix any instances of the render error, or win7 crash on startup. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

The game crashes once I reach the month of November
This is an issue we've seen a number of reports on. We're currently investigating it. Our apologies to those affected

The game is "stuttering" heavily when unpaused
Please help us out by posting your CPU and GPU specs in this thread. Also tell us if you are playing on ironman or not.

I can't scroll on the map / map is constantly scrolling!
Unplug any controllers you may have plugged in (Xbox, PS4, gamepad etc) as this is most likely the cause.

How do I contact support directly?
Simply go to support.paradoxplaza.com, sign in with your Paradox account and open a ticket.

I can't get past the launcher's End-User License Agreement. I press "continue" and nothing happens...

I have been stuck here since launch, and it's infuriating...

Problems found so far for me for Carthage Campaign, Ironman, normal difficulty. I play with English language:

-PC shuttering.
-When appointing dictator, and stepping down, placeholder text still present.
-Some numbers like "90000, 80000, etc" appear under character screen party attraction, I think its called, if it reloads few time, its shows correct numbers like 9, 14, 8, etc.
-Ships do not block troops passing through straits. I don't think its intended. Also no button to attach troops to ships from port.
-Animations with armies in ships going ahead of actual graphical ship. Meaning empty circle will appear in destination province, before the graphical animation arrives.
-No access allowed, when trying to select troops from ship and land them on enemy or own port territory.
-Enemy AI never switches stance, default stays always.
-Automatic army and fleet commands do funny things and cluster in same area, or do things that have no sense. I'm not sure what kinda scripts are involved, but this option does not work properly.

This being said, my question is, why its not an early access? You guys could have saved the mixed reviews on steam. I understand this would not make game any more complete, but it will be more prepared for MOD patching, while you pump DLCs. I play as Carthage, one of 5 recommended nations, and only have 3 flavor decisions if I'm not mistaken, I will check Epirus flavor pack but it seems like even recommended factions feel somehow empty. To end this in the positive note, and I know this is not a place for "review", but the map is gorgeous, this cannot be taken away.

Quoting Björn: please, make a new thread in the tech support forum or submit a ticket through support.paradoxplaza.com if you experience problems. I'm afraid the level of individual support in this particular thread is going to be very low.

Please only post in here if you have found solutions to an issue so that we can put it into the top post. Thank you!

Quoting Björn: please, make a new thread in the tech support forum or submit a ticket through support.paradoxplaza.com if you experience problems. I'm afraid the level of individual support in this particular thread is going to be very low.

Please only post in here if you have found solutions to an issue so that we can put it into the top post. Thank you!

Hello!

I'm new here, and have no idea on how to make a "new thread" on here...

I switched to fullscreen and now it works, if I use the windowed or borderless windowed it crashes. Looks like fullscreen is the way to go for my machine. It works great, and loads a lot faster as well. I have an ASUS ROG laptop, GTX960M, 16 GB RAM. Game is smooth , no stuttering issues at all. I'm about halfway through the tutorial objectives.

go to: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/imperator-rome-tech-support.1044/

scroll down to bottom of the page and click on "post new thread". Then write your details of your issues, including specs of pc (copy of dxdiag can be attached to thread too).

I have linked my steam account to my paradox one, but I get an error when I press your link saying; "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Please connect your Steam account and Paradox account to gain access. Check our guide on how to do that here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.