• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eugene171

Captain
61 Badges
Sep 9, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
I Am Become Russia, Uniter of Islam

The following ARR is inspired by this thread. Someone playing as Russia witnessed the Ottomans turn Orthodox, and I figured, why not the other way around?

In this ARR, the lucky nations are historical, the difficulty is normal, and there will be no reloads (sudo-ironman).

In the year 1444, the King of Muscovy is visited by Jibral in the night. "Your people follow a false God!" he proclaims. "Lead them towards the light, and the way of Islam. Do this, and your kingdom will last until the end of times."
"How do I do this?", the king asks, but Jibral is gone. Was it all a dream? Is it even possible? Only time shall tell...

Part I: Losing my Religion
Part II: The Dust Settles
Part III: Heading East While Westernizing
Part IV: Expansion on all Fronts
Part V: Chopping Up
Part VI: Nobody Likes Denmark
Part VII: I Didn't Want Europe Anyways.
Part VIII: Reaching the Atlantic
Part IX: The Reconquista Begins
Part X: The End

Like my Ethiopia ARR (link in my sig), this will be picture-intensive, as a warning to those with slower connections.

Last edited:
Part I: Losing My Religion

Wake, Muscovy. Long have the people of your country blindly followed the Patriarchy of the Orthodox Church, believing that it will save their eternal souls. This will, in time, be proven to be false.

Catholics sit in their castles to the west, and will fight tooth and nail to keep you out of Europe. Let them sit in ignorance, for their lands are of no interest to us. You must expand eastward, where the land is right and the people are pious, or easily swayed.

At least some of your people are following the True Faith, dear Muscovy. They do not yet have the numbers to change the religion of state, but that will change.

Your vassals in the north grow large on the blood of the Novgorod Republic. Let others hold the Orthodox spoils for now, so that the Sunni provinces conquered may add to the ranks of your faithful.

The idea of spreading your religion is inherent to Islam, so embrace it!

Ivans abound, dear Muscovy. Ivans of great potential

Expand further south, where the pious dwell! Rid the land of the damnable Uzbeks!

More believes arise. Let them spread unchecked, such that they may hasten your conversion.

These zealots have gumption, but perhaps too much for their own good. Martyrdom is glorious, but not always productive.

Leave your Orthodox lands in the care of vassals, Muscovy. All of Asia is now ripe for the taking, so many more Sunni provinces will be added to your ranks.

Less than half of your people follow the Patriarchs now! Just a few more provinces (45% ought to do it), and you will be free!

The deed is done. Now, precious Muscovy, annex your vassals, convert your lands, and let the Islamic Reunification being!

Oh God why.
Imagine all the boosts Muslim Russia can get if it turns over to the pious scale in Islam.

Subbed. Totally.

I'm looking forward to this! Also, it always brings a tear of joy to my eye to see "I am become" (or any to be + past participle) in use.

Subbed again! If you liked the Holy Ethiopian Empire, you're gonna love the Russian Caliphate.

Sweet :p

The world quakes in fear of russians who do not drink vodka.

Subbed.

So how did you do it? Conquered Sunni lands and gave away Orthodox lands to vassals until Sunni was the dominant religion. Then did you just give into the rebels' demands?

Yes! Great AAR so far, loved Ethiopia.