• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damn, you inspired me to play Ethiopia into HRE... And you do this! Just as I was considering getting Khmer onto the HRE throne... Let me just tell you. You ninja'd me with this AAR, and I'm not going to forget about this. You're just awesome!

eu4_170.png

This was the first thing I've done since unlocking exploration and QFTNW. To do this, I had to sell pretty much all my mainland territory to my three vassals, Lan Xang, Dai Viet and Champa to make Orthodox the majority religion. I need to think how I'll go about coring all that and converting all those Buddhists... but anyways, I hope you didn't mind it too much that I posted my screenshot along with it. It just seemed thematically related in a craptastic way.

So how did you do it? Conquered Sunni lands and gave away Orthodox lands to vassals until Sunni was the dominant religion. Then did you just give into the rebels' demands?

Basically. it was this, or allow rebels to break my country, which seemed to be the worse of the two options.

Some people have weird ideas, laugh about them and forget it one minute later. You sir, make it real. SUBBED!

This is honestly the highest praise I can think of. Thankee very much, i strive to break history in all sorts of fun ways, and sharing it with you all makes it even more fun.

Damn, you inspired me to play Ethiopia into HRE... And you do this! Just as I was considering getting Khmer onto the HRE throne... Let me just tell you. You ninja'd me with this AAR, and I'm not going to forget about this. You're just awesome!

Glad to see that people have been inspired to do equally or more crazy stuff. You'll post a summary, right?

Well, on with it. Time for

Part II: The Dust Settles

Your new religion offers many potential new allies, Muscovy. Claim the thrones of those less prestigious than yourself

Trust in Allah, he will guide you. Begin annexing your Orthodox vassals, such that you may convert their lands. Beware of Denmark, though

Consolidate the horde lands by placing more... loyal nomads there instead.

Disaster! Your king has died too soon, and Crimea is free! Fix this at once!

Declare war on the ungrateful Crimeans, but do not forget to keep claiming thrones. While you fight Crimea, the people of Qara Qoyunlu submit to the Muscovite rule as well.

With these new acquisitions, you have taken the first steps to unite Islam into one glorious Caliphate!

Your enemies are large and all around, especially to the west, but be self-possessed, unafraid, and above all, keep converting those heathens

After many years of focus on the ideas of the nation and buildings of great importance, you lag behind the western world. Time to take a great leap forward!

All will work out, in the end. After this storm is weathered, nothing will stand in your way.

End Part II

Unify Islam and form the Russian Sultanate... remember that one from the history books? :laugh:

Awesome. Subbed to this one as well. Your Ethiopia was as historic as a mongol pope. Hopefully this will be too. :)

Allow me to answer :)
Yes it is, but I haven't seen it before. They must've added it with the last patch.

That bar is to show how far your westernization progress is. For each lvl of stability it adds plus 1 for every positive lvl and minus 1 for every negative stability. Once you reach 100 points, you get access to western units. So try to get as much stability as you can as fast as you can.

Also, nice work on becoming a Sunni Muscovy, I wonder how long it will take before the rest of the Islamic world is under the righteous rule of the Muscovite caliphate. :)

That bar is to show how far your westernization progress is. For each lvl of stability it adds plus 1 for every positive lvl and minus 1 for every negative stability. Once you reach 100 points, you get access to western units. So try to get as much stability as you can as fast as you can.

He ment the yellow allert which is marked red in the screenshot :)

Btw eugene: Your Ethiopia - AAR nspired me to play an old savegame of mine. How far do you think I will come with those buddies?
2013-10-29_00001.jpg

This weird language is German. I didn't want to change the language just for one screenshot ^^)

It greatly warms my heart to see that people are using Paradox games for the same reason as me: not to take over the world, or re-create history, but to turn common sense and historical accuracy on its head, then laugh about it.

Part III: Heading East While Westernizing

The fools in Europe have elected a new Holy Roman Emperor. They are not yet a threat, but keep an eye on this... "France"

Poland looks to tasty. Get ready to take a nice bite out of them after we have stabilized

You must always trust in Allah, Muscovy. He will guide you through even the worst of times

The Ottomans, in their wisdom, have created a script that will help you secure the legitimacy of your rule. Use it.

Hold strong for a few more months, Muscovy. You are almost ready to strike fast and hard against all of your weaker neighbors, as soon as one last task is finished.

Excellent. You will need some recovery time before taking more civilized lands. For now, claim some land from the hordes

The time has come to attack! your armies are unrivaled in size, let the same become true of their strength.

You have secured the lands of the Russian people under your rule. Time to go by a different name.

Mother Russia, you have spread the glory of Islam far and wide. Rejoice and continue to grow!

A claim on the Timurid throne proved to be ineffective, but that is no matter

Denmark is rich, next door to you, and not very friendly with other European countries. It is time to take their lands.

End Part III

*comes out from lurking* This. Is. Awesome.

I have followed your HEE AAR and I will definitely follow this one. While I like story AARs very much, I also like the ones with the unusual ideas. Reminds me a bit of my CK II try to make a Muslim Irleland->Britannia which was cut short by a lost savegame. Well maybe the next one will be a norse africa, now that I have old gods. But neverless, keep up your good work!

Part IV: Expansion on all Fronts

Poland has some cores of our vassals. Return them.

The sultanate of Najd has grown, but still remains small enough to consider us to be strong protectors. Take them under Mother Russia's wing.

Your like is strong, Rurikovich of Russia. Continue to produce strong heirs

The Finnish, Swedish, and Norwegian people in current Denmark cry out for freedom. Use this to your advantage

Your mighty, pious armies will destroy the enemy with their superior morale and numbers, Mighty Russia. Make your enemy tremble with fear!

You now stretch all the way to the Pacific ocean. The furthest lands you must take are at the Atlantic ocean, but the resources from this "Siberia" will prove useful in the future.

The Timurids have become more civilized, now calling themselves the "Mughals". invest in some extra diplomats, and we shall bring them into our nation, one way or the other.

Your truce with has long expired, time to take more of their lands!

Portugal has join in the war against you without warning. Why could that be?

This bodes poorly for your future, but nothing can be done about it yet. For now, take what lands you can.

Russia is already at the forefront of technology, but you can always become more innovative. Furthermore, the glory of your conquests has inspired the common man, and your recruitment centers now flood with extra volunteers. Praise be to Allah!

A new, war-focused king ascends to your throne, with an heir in the same mindset. This heir may be rather useful on the battlefield.

The Ottomans have held the holy land and Constantinople for too long: these cities should belong to Russia! Let Operation Ottomans begin!

End Part IV​

Part V: Chopping Up

Strange news from the New World. It took until the 1600's for Europe to colonize it, and now things are getting weird.

Ethiopia holds some of Adal. You must return these lands to your vassal, Russia the Protector

News that the Holy Roman Empire will be uniting soon. You should look into stopping that.

After liberating them from the Ottomans, Iraq joins the cause. Another important city falls under your reign, Motherland of the Caliphate.

Finland has yet again been absorbed. Now you must free Sweden and Norway from their Danish overlords

Castille, the damnable Reconquistadors, have begun to integrate Portugal into their country. This will not be fun.

Russia, you must take more land from Poland and return it to the Ukraine. Your armies will be victorious, as they are the most advanced in the world.

Behold the glorious continent-spanning nation of Russia!

The newly bolstered Castille picks a fight with France. Let them fight, it will help you in the long run.

The Ottomans have been successfully cleaved by releasing Syria. They will now be easy prey

Though your relatives, the Mughals grow too large and hold too many important lands. Split them in half!

You now have vassals bordering the River Sind. This is yet another critical territory to claim. Only one front remains stalled: North East Africa. You must push harder.

End Part V​

Only 150 years to go, and so much left to conquer. I hope you make it.

This... This... This is pure awesomeness.:)

The Russian Sultanate...impressive. Unify Islam is your ultimate goal? Or will you be dismantling the HRE as well?