HOI4 Cornflakes 1.5.2 BETA patch [checksum: f49b]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This ...definitely shouldn't be the final released beta version. Other than soft some attack/defense tweaking that would help non-majors actually accomplish offensives, here's are 3 actual bugs from a quick game as Colombia:

1. Once the Spanish Civil War is in progress, the event declaring the end of the civil war fires spontaneously, even though the war is still in progress.
yes, this bug has been reported a number of times since 1.5, it should definitely be fixed

Only a few countries get to 100% that way; those that already had high war support and at the time of the save were in an offensive war for this to bring war support all the way up to the 100 cap. What appears to be going on is that on a saved game with joined war that some of the original joiners to the offensive side are considered on the defensive side (and vice versa) ; resulting in many countries now being on both an offensive and defensive war at the same time. (But not all; some countries stay correct; and others sometimes completely flip. [e.g. were in only an offensive war and now only in a defensive war rather than both.])
This has been going on since 1.5.0.
Thanks. So I got it to fire. Start as Italy, justify and declare war on France once you have a claim. Save, quit and restart. France war support dropped to 4%, Italy goes up to 100%. I am now in a defensive war, which is nuts. The moment you capture Marseilles, three tiles in, you win. I owned France in early 1937.

A few minor bugs from a 1936 start as Hungary:
  1. Under "Achievements," the "Freegypt" achievement is shown as "available" despite country not being Egypt.
  2. The National Spirit "Bled Agreement" has no explanatory text.
  3. Under "Manpower," the "Total Manpower" percentage shows as less than the combined total percentage of all laws and National Spirits.

Attachments

• Freegypt Bug.png
    Freegypt Bug.png
    4,8 MB · Views: 36
  • Bled Agreement Bug.png
    Bled Agreement Bug.png
    5,4 MB · Views: 37
  • Manpower Percentage Bug.png
    Manpower Percentage Bug.png
    5,1 MB · Views: 35
Under "Achievements," the "Freegypt" achievement is shown as "available" despite country not being Egypt.
This is intentional, since it can be achieved by any player country which holds egypt, releases it as a puppet (while checking the "play as" box) and then becomes independent through the autonomy system.

This is intentional, since it can be achieved by any player country which holds egypt, releases it as a puppet (while checking the "play as" box) and then becomes independent through the autonomy system.
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks. I'm still pretty sure the other two things are bugs though.

From my experience so far - not. Everything remains. It is just that the AI sometimes is too stupid to build in a sane way.

Once occupied, 50% of the slots are not available, but anything built remains. By that you can have several provinces with 5/3 (5 buildings with 3 slots total) of occupied territory.

Puppets of any form have 100% of the slots available - this includes Reichskommissariat.

In 1.4.2 buildigs were lost with lost slots. If they don't do now it's a bug. Please reproduce and report in the bugs forum then. Buildings should be lost with shrinking slots as it was in 1.4.2.

In my estimation yes. I even used to build Infr in the npon-Autobahn 7/10. Sometimes the Austrians also update some of their states to 9/10 which is sweet. Not many building slots in the alps though.

I checked the HOI4 Wiki....it states that infrastructure gives bonuses to construction of "shared buildings."

I was not able to find any thing about infrastructure giving bonus to production nor recruitment of infantry in a particular area.

Please explain how?

I checked the HOI4 Wiki....it states that infrastructure gives bonuses to construction of "shared buildings."

I was not able to find any thing about infrastructure giving bonus to production nor recruitment of infantry in a particular area.

Please explain how?
He didn't mean Infantry but Infrastructure. And building the latter in the three 8/10 states is incredibly uselful over the long term. And you could make an argument that it helps recruitment as you end up with more military factories in the long run.

He didn't mean Infantry but Infrastructure. And building the latter in the three 8/10 states is incredibly uselful over the long term. And you could make an argument that it helps recruitment as you end up with more military factories in the long run.

But will infra give slots now? I guess not. Usefulness is so less certain.

in June 1940 Japan suddenly becomes a puppet of the USSR, I do not understand how.

Tell me, can what solutions they added to them

Attachments

• ITA.hoi4
    9,7 MB · Views: 4
From my experience so far - not. Everything remains. It is just that the AI sometimes is too stupid to build in a sane way.

Once occupied, 50% of the slots are not available, but anything built remains. By that you can have several provinces with 5/3 (5 buildings with 3 slots total) of occupied territory.

Puppets of any form have 100% of the slots available - this includes Reichskommissariat.

I was talking about the construction of the focus, these slots and buildings disappear. What is physically built remains, but I am also able to build

Italy entered the war early in my German game, without me asking. They joined the 'Slovakian-British War.' Either Slovakia shouldn't be asking Italy to join the war, or Italy should not be asking to the join the war and Slovakia accepting.

But will infra give slots now? I guess not. Usefulness is so less certain.
If you have max infra in a state, a decision will become available that gives you one extra building slot in that state.

I have a suggestion. I think the characteristics of the tanks should be arranged. The tank properties of all countries are the same and not correct. German tanks need to be a little stronger

for the newest 1.5.2 update, tested on 8.4.2018:

- description of dispersed industry 4 text is placeholder
- a field marshal gains no exp toward the organizer trait when using the new battle plan line (one for the entire army group)

More things broken in the latest patch found in games as Czechoslovakia:

1. Occupation and bombing are both counting towards war score (France has bombed Germany but captured 0 territory, but France still has 10 points of participation in each; the war just started so they didn't capture and lose territory or anything. It's only from bombing.)
2. France standing by Czechoslovakia doesn't put France in a faction with Czechoslovakia (or making them allies that can see each other's combat). Not sure if this is intended or an oversight.
3. Even if France acts on Czechoslovakia's behalf, the message text makes no indication of this. The Czech player has no real indication other than the French guarantee pop-up.
4. Czech NFs for Export Subsidies and Equal Access Guarantee have are missing a space/new line before Infantry Equipment that makes them awkward to read.
5. Spontaneously (maybe upon reloading?), my defensive war turns into an offensive war. Apparently it is a grave offense to Germany to refuse to hand over the Sudetenland and to have the gall to defend myself. This is one people have noted all over the place earlier in the beta.

...There are other minor things, like Germany attacking Luxembourg and Luxembourg calling in the UK which is then called in my Ally, despite the fact I wasn't allied with Luxembourg or the UK (or even France; see 2.).

Screenshots of 1:
20180408180815_1.jpg 20180408180827_1.jpg
Screenshot of 3:
20180408175917_1.jpg
Screenshots of 4:
20180408181035_1.jpg
Screenshot of 5:
20180408184601_1.jpg

Yeah France somehow seems to end up the offender every time war starts. I don’t get to play through in one setting so I guess it’s the attacker/defender shuffle on restart. Also I played through and defeated France, took Spain, then attacked Yugoslavia guaranteed by GB.

Either the moment I could finish Yugoslavia off or just before, Great Britain capitulated. I didn’t even invade England yet. I was still trying to close the Suez Canal at that point. Not sure what happened.

Puppets are calling majors to war, Im playing as Germany, and my puppet Slovakia calls Italy to war and breaks my strategy, this issue was supposed to be fixed, only war leaders are supposed to call mayors to war

Status
Not open for further replies.