HOI4 Cornflakes 1.5.2 BETA patch [checksum: f49b]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Bratyn has fixed this issue for Alsace-Lorraine in the 1.5.2 beta, so things should be better now at least (with Elsass-Lothringen being the territory held by France most sought after by Germany).

At least, but that's still a poor fix. I mean, you have to see the whole problem. If Axis beats the Allies, Germany will lose all occupied northern France in a peace conference. Nobody can have claims to Guangzhou port, African regions, Isles or South America territory. In case of a German win, it doesn't make sense, that Axis members can't claim these regions, because these areas are no part of Vichy France.

The battleships models are very nice. Hope to see more unique 3d models for planes, tanks etc. in the future even in paid dlc like you did with Hoi3.

Because it is owned by France, and therefore Vichy France has a core on it, and all cores belonging to the victors go back to their owners before the peace conference starts. If it belongs to a nation in a civil war then it will first go back to the victor of the civil war (in this case: Vichy France). This achievement is very hard because you effectively have to beat both the Axis and the Allies in a war.
Having de facto conquer the world 3 times is not really challenging just annoying.

That's the main issue imho. Once is fine, twice is too much. Just leave the WC one to the warlords and remove the need of the little cities for awake and angry (or vice versa)

That's the main issue imho. Once is fine, twice is too much. Just leave the WC one to the warlords and remove the need of the little cities for awake and angry (or vice versa)
Its three times I had to do it for the communist China as well.
I think Nationalist China would be the most anyoing because you can't use your ideology as a weapon against the allies.

@podcat

i hope the update is delayed because of the SCW event spam bug, and the war support drain/disappearance bug with saved games

these should both be high prio, but especially the war support bug

yep, the SWC bug is still with us. In ironman, quit the game as the SCW started and came back in. White peace event fired the dialog but the war continued. 6 months later, Franco wins.

New update to the beta. A small one to fix the war issues reported. Hopefully the last one we need. This however means that we wont be able to release the patch today as it will need to go through another verification pass.

If that's a reference to the War Support bug, then thank you. That was causing problems for a very large number of players.

@podcat

i hope the update is delayed because of the SCW event spam bug, and the war support drain/disappearance bug with saved games

these should both be high prio, but especially the war support bug

I read the latest patchlog as fixing the War Support bug.

The SCW event spam bug just means that you get told the SCW has ended when it hasn't, right? That doesn't seem to me to be game-breaking at all. We want it fixed, but it can wait for 1.5.3.

Can there be a focus or event to have France or Vichy France return their port after the war, like they did historically in 1946?

That sounds like a very good idea for France's revised focus tree, in 1.6 or 1.9 or something. An .x.x patch isn't the right place to start re-writing focus trees to make achievements less boring.

I read the latest patchlog as fixing the War Support bug.

The SCW event spam bug just means that you get told the SCW has ended when it hasn't, right? That doesn't seem to me to be game-breaking at all. We want it fixed, but it can wait for 1.5.3.

I hope that the war support on save/load bug has been fixed, but sadly there's no posts on either of the war support bug threads saying it's been fixed.

SCW isn't nearly as game breaking; but it does have some impacts if the human saves during it:

1. Italy ; might get blocked out of the Help Nationalist Spain focus early. (But only really matters if human is playing Italy as the Italian AI doesn't ever seem to get around to picking this focus before the Spanish Civil War ends anyway.

2. France (taking Support the Left / Support the Right) : Also might get blocked off the focus that helps their side of the Spanish War; some other countries some similar focuses.

3. South Africa (taking Communist path) : They get the reward national spirit early when this occurs.

Having said all of that; it's much easier to time game sessions to complete the Spanish Civil War before saving and exiting than all of WW2.

New update to the beta. A small one to fix the war issues reported. Hopefully the last one we need. This however means that we wont be able to release the patch today as it will need to go through another verification pass.

Of note from the following list:
1 (SCW 'ending' event triggering upon reloading) is 100% still present.
4 (Occupation and bombing always being equivalent in war contribution) is also still present.
8 (randomly switching from offensive to defensive war) seems to be fixed. But it's elusive and not sure what always caused it in the first place.
10 (orphaned/phantom/hidden wars) seems to be fixed. After the latest beta update, the Czech game from that post is back to 4 wars listed with the proper belligerents.

Collected here for ease of viewing/reference:
1. Once the Spanish Civil War is in progress, the event declaring the end of the civil war fires spontaneously, even though the war is still in progress.
2. The bug with generated South American leaders not getting a portrait is still present.
3. Stockpile graph is out of position (misplaced to the left) when using UI scaling.
4. Occupation and bombing are both counting towards war score (France has bombed Germany but captured 0 territory, but France still has 10 points of participation in each; the war just started so they didn't capture and lose territory or anything. It's only from bombing.)
5. France standing by Czechoslovakia doesn't put France in a faction with Czechoslovakia (or making them allies that can see each other's combat). Not sure if this is intended or an oversight.
6. Even if France acts on Czechoslovakia's behalf, the message text makes no indication of this. The Czech player has no real indication other than the French guarantee pop-up.
7. Czech NFs for Export Subsidies and Equal Access Guarantee have are missing a space/new line before Infantry Equipment that makes them awkward to read.
8. Spontaneously (maybe upon reloading?), my defensive war turns into an offensive war. Apparently it is a grave offense to Germany to refuse to hand over the Sudetenland and to have the gall to defend myself. This is one people have noted all over the place earlier in the beta.
One more for post for my list of problems with the beta:
9. If the Chinese warlords join a faction other than the United Front, the white peace event is negated. They'll just be called right back to war.
10. Still lots of phantom wars all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.