• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
“A Greater Romania”

AAR specifics:
* Game version = TFH
* Country = Axis Romania
* Start Date = 22 July 1941
* Difficulty = Normal
Objectives:
1. Protect the Balkans.
2. Build as many x3 GAR for Germany’s defense as possible.
3. Support Barbarossa.

Edit: Sorry, this was a fried-HD victim...a long time back.

Last edited:
With my last one lost I've found another story to tell. Possibly one full of horror.:)

“UK Motorway”
{A Blitzkrieg-Scenario AAR}​

Game Version: HoI3 TFH

Difficulty: Normal setting. The difficulty for me being, having to run with a forced and unprepared start of the UK’s War in 1939 versus, “my planned route to build-up to WWII in a 1936 start.”

Scope: To deal with the UK as it is set for this Scenario and I have to make the best of how things are. I will report an overview of how I find the status of the UK and report my initial changes, as well as the purpose of those changes and hope the war goes well.

Completed...The UK won!

Last edited:
I'll report here since it's complete now :D Didn't want to go in too early and have the game break lol

"Germany to the USSR, An Experiment in AARs"

Game Version: Hoi3 TFH

Difficulty: Normal

Start Date: 1-1-1936

Note: I play as Germany from 1/1/36 until Feb-March of 1940, and then switch to playing the USSR and try to save the USSR.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...he-soviet-union-an-experiment-in-aars.991797/

It is completed

Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936
Start: 1 Jan 1936
Version: Vanilla TFH 4.02, Single Player
Cheats/Mods: None
Style: Gameplay and some narrative as alternate history, with screenshots
Goals: Assist a faction win; create a new Turkish Empire, survive the game
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ng-turkey-alternate-history-from-1936.996127/
Started 24 Jan 2017
Weekly Showcase AwAARd 26 Mar 2017

Last edited:
Consejo de Estado: a post civil war mildly interactive AAR with Republican Spain

Start: 1 March 1938
Version: TFH
Mods: BlackIce
Style: Monthly reports jointly with conversations and discussions between ministers and generals.
Goals: Take revenge by defeating the fascist regimes that supporte the rebels during the Civil War.
Started 22 Feb 2017

ttps://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/consejo-de-estado-a-mildly-interactive-aar.1000889

I'm looking for players to take the role of ministers!

(it's a continuation from the AAR in Spanish "Consejo de Estado", where we fight and win the civil war).

'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee
A Soviet Union AAR
AAR starts from the 4th of January 1937 in a '36-start game.
A single player Vanilla HOI3 v4.02 TFH AAR on Moderate difficulty
Writing style is mostly contemporary reports, with some narrative.
The goal is to conquer, at least, the eurasian continent, using high level AI control of land armies.
Thread started on the 19th of February 2017

The fall of empires
Austro-Hungarian Empire
Version: THF 4.02 WW1 modv0.95
Scenario: The Powderkeg of Europe, May 1st, 1910;
Goal: To ensure the survival and prosperity for the dual monarchy
Style: a bit narrative, historical and satiric I would say, not sure, check it out and you will see ;)
Started 9th of May 2017, Thread started on the 11th of May 2017, ended in August 2017
Game ended in October 1915 with the Russian surrender

Last edited:
I am officially announcing my next AAR here for those interested. I realize many hoi3 fans have never played Darkest Hour. So I have decided I will be doing a Germany Passthrough, using the grand campaign mod! I am aiming for a slightly more narrative approach, starting with WW1, continuing through the interwar period, then finally, world war 2.

Game: Darkest Hour 1.04
Mod: Grand Campaign
Scenario: June of 1914
Goals: Progress through the World Wars leading the Reich to victory!
Link: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stärke-in-ausdauer-1914.1027441/

'The March of the Machines'
1936 Single Player Campaign as France
HoI3 : Their Finest Hour Vers. 4.02
Started on 6/18/2016 (June 18th, 2016)
Main Goal: See how well the AI, on Theatre Levels, controls 100% of the military asserts of France.
Link: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...march-of-the-machines-france-1936-aar.949799/

Completed - in game May 14th 1945 - Real Life 7/09/2017. Reason it was completed - Axis Victory.

Summary - Don't let the AI totally control the military of anything but a MAJOR Major power. It can be overwhelmed when not given the men or equipment it THINKS it needs.

AAR title = “U-boats for Uruguay”

HoI3 version = TFH No Mods

Start date = 1936​

Greetings fellow AARlanders,

After my UK-Motorway became a closed highway I took a summer-break from storytelling and instead gave these past months to considering what new tale I might pursue? There were several fine ideas shared with me and I did think about each one. After this consideration, I decided to run with El Pip’s suggestion regarding the early HoI idea...”blank for blank” i.e. “Mead for markkur” – though, of course, that would not be preposterous and actually quite tasty. However, a small South-American Country desiring to become an undersea powerhouse? Well, enough said.

Edit: Completed

Last edited:
A new Hungary
Started 12th of November 2017
Version: THF 4.02
Scenario: The Road to war, 1936
Goal: "To make Hungary great again" or to be more specific, to make it a glorious nation that *SPOILER ALERT* has a navy
Style: Style: a bit narrative, historical and unhistorical, sarcastic etc., check my previous AAR to get an idea

Icebreaker
Started: 16 November 2017
Version: FTM V3.05; no mods
Scenario: The Road to war, 1936
AAR starting date: 28 September 1938
Style: I guess history book
Description: During the 1938 Czech crisis, the Soviet Union declared that it would go to war in defense of the Czechs but only on the condition that France would also do so. Furthermore, the Poles were steadfast that they would not aid the Czechs and they would not allow the Red Army on Polish soil. AAR is a what-if: what if the Soviet Union went to war, albeit without France, and having to deal with the transit issue.

Der Adler, der Wolf und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts
(The Eagle and the Wolf: The History of the Pact of Steel)

History Book/Roleplaying
HoI3:TFH 4.02, Normal/Normal/No AI '36 Grand Campaign as Germany, Italy and (later) Japan... yes all at once.

Mods: I am indebted to CaptRabius for his Historical Flags mod. I created for myself an APP-6a mod, to replace and clarify some of the original counters that were in the game. Finally, I have modified this game to reflect a sort of Butterfly effect start, but with no more changes than could be executed via a CGM start for GER and ITA, and with no removal of any of the starting units (though a custom OOB and deployment has been arranged). Other slight efforts have been to reduce the cost (to all nations) for diplomacy and to move the garrison techs to the Infantry techs.

Started on 01 February 2018

The fall of empires
Austro-Hungarian Empire

AAR ended in August 2017
Game ended in October 1915 with the Russian surrender, there was no challenge anymore

p.s.
I know that I am kinda late, but I though that editing the first post and including the end dates there was enough :p

A new Hungary

AAR ended on the 10th of April 2018
In game it ended in October 1946 with the fall of Budapest

France: A Quick and Dirty HOI3 AAR - 1936 Start.

Gameplay, quick description, “no frills” story of trying to survive the German onslaught.

AAR started 22 December 2017, completed 10 April 2018. Won’t ‘spoil’ by disclosing the result or in-game end date - but the war was seen through until decided!