Hearts of Iron IV - Development Diary 60 - Release Week and Beta Hotfix Patch 1.0.1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i really wish this will improve he german AI, being unable to even take denmark is really annoying

Reactions:
Yes, and those same companies though HoI3 was brilliant at launch.

User reviews are what really count.
- not really, users love to express hive mind behavior and either praise to death or shun to death products of companies/persons that in their opinion made something good or bad. Just look at EA that was chosen as baddest company of 2014 becasue of ME3 ending, or look at reviews of Dragon Age 2, i would not even mention typical fanboyish behavior with user reviews like - it finally came!!! or - i downloading it 111. It is all the same in the end. Journos would lie to you because they are corrupt and users would trash/praise products because of things unrelated to actual quality of the product.

Reactions:
Damn you, i spent half a day trying making the portrait for Milan Stojadinovic and then i see you will add it in a future patch :(
At least my result came close

Portrait_Yugoslavia_Milan_Stojadinovic.png

On a more serious note, thanks for adding new stuff :)

Reactions:
Is it maybe a good idea to stop allowing players disbanding troops during wartime when they are within like 5-6 regions from enemy troops? Disbanding troops now when they are almost encircled seems a bit gamey

Reactions:
- not really, users love to express hive mind behavior and either praise to death or shun to death products of companies/persons that in their opinion made something good or bad. Just look at EA that was chosen as baddest company of 2014 becasue of ME3 ending, or look at reviews of Dragon Age 2, i would not even mention typical fanboyish behavior with user reviews like - it finally came!!! or - i downloading it 111. It is all the same in the end. Journos would lie to you because they are corrupt and users would trash/praise products because of things unrelated to actual quality of the product.
I find with HoI4 99% of the trashing is coming from valid criticism, where as similarly 99% of all the praising is just diehard fanboyism.

Reactions:

Come on there are plenty of other reasons that EA sucks. Simcity was probably the most botched game release I've ever seen for example.

Reactions:
As already expected from my favorite devs of all times: An amazing work!

I love you, Paradox! Keep on with this marvelous work and support of your games. :D

I'm enjoying every single bit of Hearts of Iron IV. The long wait was worth it!

Reactions:
Hey Podcat, been loving the game so far, any chance the things you're looking at at the moment include the air warfare screen slow down, because managing air wings when the game crawls through it is a pain. Also I don't suppose there's a possibility for the garrison command to focus coastal provinces first so we don't have to draw hundreds of fallback lines to use as naval invasion defences. Much love!

Reactions:
I find with HoI4 99% of the trashing is coming from valid criticism, where as similarly 99% of all the praising is just diehard fanboyism.
- well, im not disagreeing with that statement of yours, some Pdx fans indeed love to behave like religious zealots even thou at the same time they love to claim that Pdx community is sooo mature sooo mature.;)

Come on there are plenty of other reasons that EA sucks. Simcity was probably the most botched game release I've ever seen for example.
- but they were chosen in online vote, and people mass voted for them not because of sim city, but because they did not liked the ending of a game designed by Bioware. Even the article with all "winners" of vote mentioned it. Yeah, EA sucks, but so all other big companies, EA are not some special case here, and promoting them as the baddest company because of the game over the companies that in that year made actually real harm to many people is rather... infantile... i would say.

I'm very glad to see Turkey is a popular minor. I've been hoping they'd be one of the early minors to get a focus tree. They may not have fought in the war, but if they had, it would have been a pretty big deal.

Reactions:
Added a max framerate limiting system (defaults to 75 fps) to help people with the combination of bad cooling, great graphics cards and very high screen refresh. If you are one of these with heat issues I would love to hear if this solved it (changing max_fram_rate in settings can let you remove its effect by making it higher, or go lower if you still have issues)

Hmm. The 980 Ti in my two month old OriginPC-built gaming PC died during my 2nd session of playing the HOI4 tutorial a couple of days ago (I am currently waiting for a replacement to be sent). At the time I thought the game I was playing was just a coincidence ... but now I am wondering if perhaps HOI4 actually might have killed my high end GPU because of this issue? (I never looked at the GPU temps because it never would have occurred to me that HOI4 would be a graphically demanding game by comparison to other games I have played without issues, and this custom-built PC really shouldn't have "bad cooling" given the large and mostly empty case, water cooling and three large fans.) Has anyone else actually lost a GPU to overheating while playing the initial release version of this game?

You guys are great as always, love this game its amazing.

2 things 1 very important issue you must fix asap!

1. If I send ask for territory in MP game and they refuse, I get the request sent back to me..and if I accept, I basically force their hand which means I can take territory from any ally and that ruins the game. DO SOMETHING PARADOX, PLEASE!

2. Please add option to upgrade from cadet to field marshal, I was gifted cadet but I wanna go full in and support you guys but i'd prefer to discount what I paid for the base game :)

Reactions:
Air war doesnt really need balancing.

People are complaining about the losses, but the losses are on par with history. The Soviets lost 106,000 aircraft in 3 years of war. Almost half a million planes were lost during WW2 by all sides combined.

Those are perfect. No need to change anything.

Reactions:
I'm surprised Italy is #2 most played. Perhaps this is a combination of it being the tutorial nation and the most popular nation's sidekick.

It also looks like France and UK are underplayed. This jives with my own experience in multiplayer. I hope Paradox can intelligently balance them. This 'War Economy'ASAP needs fixing.

Last edited:
Reactions: