Hearts of Iron IV - Development Diary 60 - Release Week and Beta Hotfix Patch 1.0.1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wouldn't say the reception has been great. There's been a lot of criticism by users and reviewers alike.

9/10 on IGN, 88/100 on PCGamer, 8/10 on GameSpot, 83% on Metacritic, 8/10 on GameWatcher, 5/5 on Saving Contest, 8.5/10 on Techraptor, 9.2/10 on WCCFtech, and a positive review from Kotaku (they don't give a score).

I'd say that's pretty positive. Yes, the game has faults. But that doesn't mean it isn't a great game.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Personally I enjoyed the launch of HOI IV far more then HOI III
and that you are already doing fixes, the workshop is slowly filling up... can't wait for the months to come :)

I personally miss the drifting triangle and a nice view of all faction members in the diplomacy screen!

It's a good game, I haven't played that much since release but it's a really good game for my taste! :)

Curious. How do you know what nations people are playing as?

Telemetry. It's common practice for gaming studios to collect anonymous data to see what/how people are playing. If the devs know that, say, China is the most played minor, they also know that a content pack for China would be popular and sell well.

Reactions:
9/10 on IGN, 88/100 on PCGamer, 8/10 on GameSpot, 83% on Metacritic, 8/10 on GameWatcher, 5/5 on Saving Contest, 8.5/10 on Techraptor, 9.2/10 on WCCFtech, and a positive review from Kotaku (they don't give a score).

I'd say that's pretty positive. Yes, the game has faults. But that doesn't mean it isn't a great game.
Yes, and those same companies thought HoI3 was brilliant at launch.

User reviews are what really count.

Reactions:
Really like the new portraits! Finally Romania has a proper face on the diplomatic stage :D.

I'm also thrilled to see that you are working on some AI improvements, which are really needed.