Hearts of Iron IV - Development Diary 58 - Tutorial, Wiki & Browser

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, its the same browser tech, what do you find limiting with it? it can certainly improve, but as a deeper civopedia-like step on the tutorial I think it works well enough.

I've seen at least one user mention the lack of CTRL+F functionality, which can be rather useful while browsing the wikis.

Yeah. As I said upthread, a CTRL+F search function, along with the browser remembering the last page (and spot on the page) you had open is basically needed for the wiki browser to be useful in MP games, as unlike SP you can't pause to look something up.

Reactions:
Can we use the wiki browser to open another websites?
Like... to pretend we are working... do you know? xD
You can't with the Stallaris browser, so probably not.

Yeah. As I said upthread, a CTRL+F search function, along with the browser remembering the last page (and spot on the page) you had open is basically needed for the wiki browser to be useful in MP games, as unlike SP you can't pause to look something up.

I'd also ask for something like a notepad for MP games, but all this sounds like a great move

Reactions:
I know this isn't a "sexy" diary per se, but as far as Paradox games go, these are huge quality of life improvements. These features will go a long way to helping new players with the steep learning curve, and will also make it easier for everyone else to refresh our memories about more arcane features we don't often use. More time in-game rather than Alt-Tabbing out to consult info elsewhere can only be a good thing for our enjoyment. Thanks for integrating all of this into the game!

Reactions:
Reactions:
This looks great. Nice work.

One day to realese! I can't wait so long!