Hearts of Iron IV - 43rd Development Diary - 5th of February 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To your second question, I know that the flags and names change, but I am not sure if this happens every time you change government type, or if the name change is only during the civil wars, or how exactly this will work.
It should change every time. It is made like this, to always see the goverment type of the country, without having to check the nation tab.
How do you know Italy is the tutorial nation?
Was it said by Daniel in the recent WWW? I think it was. He said how you could keep playing Italy after you finish the tutorital. Or he even said Italy to be the tutorital nation.
Stupid short-term memory. :rolleyes:

Edit: Okay, so it was in the big answer by podcat, after the stream. Well got it almost right. :D

Reactions:
This is a Great update For what seems to be a good game. I'm asking myself if diplomacy will be still rigid Like before.. I've seen people that played Hoi3 that were not able to join to France alliance as Italy despite they have very good relations. Will the good relations between countries make possoble unholy alliances?

Reactions:

Reactions:

Reactions:
Then finally I am happy to let you know that our Beta submission was approved yesterday, so we are now officially in Beta. I can't give you any release dates yet, but this is one of the last big steps to nailing one down and saying that the project is on course.

Anyway, we have been working on HOI4 for a long time so you can imagine that this feels really great, and we plan to celebrate with beers and cigars tonight as is appropriate :)
Talk about burying the lede. :D

I thought you were a whiskey man. I'd think a nice single malt would go well with this.

As much as I like the idea of forming a united Scandinavia, I don't find it very plausible when you look at the political climate at the time. Sadly. For example, Norway and the labor party was ridiculously insistent on remaining neutral. They thought demilitarizing the country would strengthen their neutrality. Not saying it's impossible, but Norway would need a good amount of political influence in order to come to their senses.

Congratulations on Beta!

The Communist Northern Lights faction is so pretty it has my heart in tears.

Reactions:
This is looking sooo good! I can't wait!!

As much as I like the idea of forming a united Scandinavia, I don't find it very plausible when you look at the political climate at the time. Sadly. For example, Norway and the labor party was ridiculously insistent on remaining neutral. They thought demilitarizing the country would strengthen their neutrality. Not saying it's impossible, but Norway would need a good amount of political influence in order to come to their senses.
Sweden is also communist (check their flag), so I think that a lot of "political influence" was used there. Also, multiplayer dev game I think.

Reactions:
Congrats for reaching beta!

I'm really looking forward to this game. What I've seen so far looks excellent. Take your time to finish it properly and we have a winner :)

(for example being part of a fascist led faction let you declare war on anyone as long as you are already in war).

This will lead to a ton of frustration in multiplayer games. There's always going to be that guy who just wrecks it for everyone else. Axis Romania decides it could be fun to dow the US in 1940. Breaks the game for his entire faction. It shouldn't be possible for such a minor player to decide the war by himself.

#Northern Lights
Why is Denmark allowed to join? The Swedes won't be pleased!

Reactions: