Hearts of Iron IV - 43rd Development Diary - 5th of February 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That pact was only to buy some time and to have a "quiet" border. After Hitler got Czechoslovakia he turned to Poland with the non settled issues. As I said the only way for Poland to avoid the war was either to make some concessions to Germany or to Soviet Union. As Polish leadership was blind, arrogant and conceited (and fully backed by the French) this was not going to happen. Therefore the battle plan in case of German aggression started with this: "the enemy is retreating" .
The only way for Poland to avoid the war was to cease to exist. In the end, Hitler's promises were never lasting long, and his strategic goal was expansion to the east.
On the other hand, would he want (even if temporarily) alliance with Poland against SOV, I think it's not impossible to imagine Poland go for it.

I was wondering. When you are gathering forces can you name the army and army groups? Can you place a General in charge of an army and have a higher ranked General in charge of the army group? Just wondering what to expect.

Other than there's not a distinction between two sizes (one is a Field Marshall in charge of any number of divisions and the other a maximum of twelve under a General), there is no capability to do what you are suggesting. You can name the command groups, as you can name the theaters, but no further customization is available.

Reactions:
Can you have a Neutral Faction? ex the nordic countries banding together to stay neutral.
Yes. Question is how neutral you really can stay.

From the last DD:
ESYUyBH.jpg

Reactions:
The only way for Poland to avoid the war was to cease to exist. In the end, Hitler's promises were never lasting long, and his strategic goal was expansion to the east.
On the other hand, would he want (even if temporarily) alliance with Poland against SOV, I think it's not impossible to imagine Poland go for it.
Assuming you are right why Poland should ally with Germany taking into consideration that France already had given to Poland a wildcard?

I was wondering. When you are gathering forces can you name the army and army groups? Can you place a General in charge of an army and have a higher ranked General in charge of the army group? Just wondering what to expect.

Here you go: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...evelopment-diary-22nd-of-january-2016.903595/

tl;dr yes there are different ranks for commanders. you can promote a commander to get certain benefits from their new rank, but there are also some drawbacks to it.

As for naming army groups, i don't think they talked about that yet, but since you can customize your ships and planes, as well as the composition and equipment of specific divisions, there should be some way to call your Barbarossa guys Heeresgruppe Ost and the like, at the very least by naming the theatre or battle plan

Someone might have had your questions answered in this thread too: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...f-iron-iv-dev-diary-6-division-design.783017/