Hearts of Iron IV - 43rd Development Diary - 5th of February 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This will lead to a ton of frustration in multiplayer games. There's always going to be that guy who just wrecks it for everyone else. Axis Romania decides it could be fun to dow the US in 1940. Breaks the game for his entire faction. It shouldn't be possible for such a minor player to decide the war by himself.

Kick the Romanian player and load autosave :D

Reactions:
This will lead to a ton of frustration in multiplayer games. There's always going to be that guy who just wrecks it for everyone else. Axis Romania decides it could be fun to dow the US in 1940. Breaks the game for his entire faction. It shouldn't be possible for such a minor player to decide the war by himself.

#Northern Lights
Why is Denmark allowed to join? The Swedes won't be pleased!
Don't think of Denmark as a valued Nordic partner, think of it as that guy you stand behind when you're insulting that biker's mother. Every power block needs a satellite/march to buffer threats from the areas that are actually important.

Reactions:
Military Access
Like in most paradox games, this lets you move troops in a nation's territory, but not attack from there. Airbase and naval base access requires factions and military access is not enough for this.

Just wondering, but shouldn't naval base access be included? For instance, the Non-Intervention patrols off of Spain during their Civil War were conducted by the RN, RM, KM, and MN from ships operating from ports in Spain (for the KM).

On another topic, I guess we're not going to model the internecine diplomatic fights that occurred between the British and the French over each other's foreign policy? Things like the Franco-Czech-Polish Entente or France trying to build a Cordon Sanitere?

Also, very excited about seeing some "BETA" tags on screen shots.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Nice diary! And great to know that game is now in beta! Congratulations for the approval! :)

Congratulations to the HOI4 team on making beta, its been a lot of hard work for you getting there. Bring on the release!!!!!!

Great DD Comrade Podcat, I am glad to hear that HoI4 is in beta.

We all are soldiers without supply.. I am glad we get supplies from you, it makes us able to carry on through the enemy lines.

Reactions:
On another topic, I guess we're not going to model the internecine diplomatic fights that occurred between the British and the French over each other's foreign policy? Things like the Franco-Czech-Polish Entente or France trying to build a Cordon Sanitere?

France's focuses give the option to form the Little Entente instead of joining the Allies, not sure about the rest of it.

Then finally I am happy to let you know that our Beta submission was approved yesterday, so we are now officially in Beta. I can't give you any release dates yet, but this is one of the last big steps to nailing one down and saying that the project is on course.

Anyway, we have been working on HOI4 for a long time so you can imagine that this feels really great, and we plan to celebrate with beers and cigars tonight as is appropriate

This is very good news indeed! I'm happy for you and of course also for all of us fans who has been waiting eagerly for such a long time.

I'll have a beer with you tonight and watch some HOI IV Youtube videos all over again :D

Congratulations on the Beta! This forum will also celebrate for the approach of the release day, and I bet beer consumption will increase ;)

Many thanks as usual for the DD!

So based on that northern lights faction screenshot, would it be reasonable to conclude that a non-major could have a coup/civil war, create a new faction, and build that faction, all before September 1939?

Or would this be a rare example? If that is typical I am very excited to build a faction :D

Finally minors can be a decisive part of the game, not only a cannon fodder just like in HOI3.

I wonder ... Can we expect some DD about territorial claims ? (how this system works and for example - Can one country give it's terrain to another ? <in WWW we could see that Germany could give its land to Lithuania>

And I'm glad to hear that the game is in Beta Phase - Congratulation Paradox team ;) All cheers for you

Reactions: