Hearts of Iron IV - 31st Development Diary - 30th of October 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm just talking stockpiling consumer goods here though, not resources - so you couldn't trade X consumer goods for X oil, and you shouldn't be able to trade X consumer goods for X oil a day/week/month
Agreed!

as a lump sum for a long-term flow is a bit messy.
Again, i feel like how messy this is depends on the GUI. We'll see how it's done soon(TM) enough. If it's not up to snuff i'm sure plenty will let the devs know :p

It depends a bit on what civilian IC does, but say civilian factory builds infrastructure, or keeps the population happy, or what-have-you, you could then set it up so you could turn your lump sum of purchased consumer goods into a 'flow' that was the equivalent of a civilian factory, with limits on how strong this flow could be (upper limit based on total factories in the nation or something like that). That way, for example, Germany can beat down on Britain, get a bunch of consumer goods in the peace deal, and then use that to do the civilian factory work while Germany keeps building tanks and planes and what-have-you for its invasion of the USSR next year?.
According to the 23rd DD, Civ IC covers trade, consumer goods, and all buildings. I don't recall Consumer goods been explained in detail though. It's possible you can stockpile those, in which case what your asking is actually in game :p

Just thoughts, I still think it could work, but it's untested and could be a level of complication so far, but it could also allow for a more detailed way of doing peace deals and international trade, as well as enabling an arms trade in-game (for example, at the moment, it sounds like if we want Finland to have its eclectic air force, it will need to be managed by events, but with something that could be traded then it could happen organically).
If HOI4 can handle rolling deployed equipments and manpower back into stockpile, then we might not need events to do this. Here's hoping we can do that.

Reactions:
I don't see how a lump-sum tradable would aid the modelling any better then resource flow. If the broken economy in Vic 2 is anything to learn from, the flow model is probably better in paradox's simulation of the market. If a nation really needs to get some stuff fast and is short on exportable goods, maybe a debt system will be better.

This really isn't my forte though, Hopefully @Naselus can comment on this, his POP Demand Mod really made Vic2 a hell lot more playable.

Also, a lump-sum implies a stockpile right? then this could goes back to the stockpiling issue the forum discussed about a few DD prior, I don't know what's the final word on that thread though.

Nah, the lesson to learn from V2 is that you can't model a market without also modelling a financial system. HOI makes no effort to deliver a market, and tbh money just isn't that useful; it's just a needless extra resource that had very little impact on the game.

Reactions:
Nah, the lesson to learn from V2 is that you can't model a market without also modelling a financial system. HOI makes no effort to deliver a market, and tbh money just isn't that useful; it's just a needless extra resource that had very little impact on the game.

While it certainly would have helped for Vicky 2 to have an investment system closer to rational markets, I think having more logical consumption patters was the even bigger problem. As long as people were buying their groceries on the other side of the world and dumping half their production into the sea, countries were to vulnerable to any market fluctuations.

Reactions:
I zoomed in and (although it was very blurry) I would read it as German Reich. The second word is too long to be city as well.

2h2edqr.jpg

its not a
By the way am I the only one who noticed the single province owned by 'German Reich' in Italy?

cuusj.jpg

its not a province, u can see provinces borders all around...no idea what's that

Reactions:
Could it be a way for allies to have bases??? So USA can build and use airfields in UK too?

Who green-lighted those names!? Because, they sound quite silly. Especially Romania's'.

Seeing as how there was a historical attempt by the Iron Guard to coup Romania's government in 1941 in what is known in English as the Legionary Rebellion or Legionnaire's Rebellion, calling Romania "Legionary Romania" if such a coup were successful isn't any sillier than call Russia the Soviet Union when Communists control it, or Vichy France when Petain is in power.

Reactions:
Seeing as how there was a historical attempt by the Iron Guard to coup Romania's government in 1941 in what is known in English as the Legionary Rebellion or Legionnaire's Rebellion, calling Romania "Legionary Romania" if such a coup were successful isn't any sillier than call Russia the Soviet Union when Communists control it, or Vichy France when Petain is in power.

Actually the government was under control of the Iron Guard until the coup. The coup resulted in General Antonescu effectively purging the Iron Guard from the government and establishing his own rule over the country, while staying aligned with Axis.

Now if Legionary Romania will be a generic name for the country when it has Right-wing government, it will be totally wrong to call Antonescu's Romania a Legionary state (and have the Iron Guard's symbol on the flag, for that matter).

Reactions:

I think a few special countries name such as German Reich and Soviet Union are okay. But if we start calling countries by what their government is, then we will go down an ugly road where all the other countries should follow suit. And that wouldn't look good. Romania will still be Romania even if the communists, fascists, democrats or whoever else wants to join in, governs it. Legionary Romania should just be called Romania, If Im curious enough, I can look up their gov. type later and read Legionary there.

But on the map? No thanks.

Radical Yugoslavia?

nuff said.

silly names are silly SM

oh and one more thing but don't quote me on this: Vichy France is what France has been called in contemporary historiography during the war. Vichy France was still France juridically. No one called France Vichy France after 1940 with the exception of some people in the Allied camp who called the new french government Vichy.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hey, I like dynamic country names. Makes you learn something new when you see a new interesting name and try to figure out why it is called that. That is why I love Paradox games, I always learn something new in an interesting way about history from their games.

Reactions:
Just to clear some stuff up, that picture with the peace conference was done with cheats :) Example: that one province Germany in Italy was an accidental left click by me with a cheat that lets my occupy provinces, didn't notice that I had done it :p

Reactions:
Just to clear some stuff up, that picture with the peace conference was done with cheats :) Example: that one province Germany in Italy was an accidental left click by me with a cheat that lets my occupy provinces, didn't notice that I had done it :p
great to know. I thought the german embassy had expanded their premises in Italy.

Reactions: