Havent played in a while, whats your thoughts on Leviathan?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@The Norman Yoke I think the idea expressed by @MachopPower69 (and the one I expressed) was that those unique events for the Ottomans would be replaced by that more general mechanic about the decline of empires, albeit they could keep the localisation for the Ottomans if, by chance, the particular of the situation match with the one said in the "decline of the Ottomans" (by the way, it's silly to get those events when you are doing fine elsewhere and dominate the whole world).

That said, I agree with you when you say that the AI should know how to react to those, especially if they were to be extended to all countries.
Yeah i was adding onto the thought that the decline of empires would be preferable as generic than tag specific events, and so ottomans also have some events they'll only have once an empire so the game has existing mechanics we can make available for all.

Yes I would prefer it if various tag pre scripted rebels/unrest events would be looked at more and possibly fleshed out.
Eg: The sikhs only rebel if you choose to execute their guru as the mughals. The reapers war with the Catalans only fire if France is a rival and you've recently been at war.

Leviathan still has questionable design choices, but the major game breaking bugs (like the crashes around year 1505) are fixed. The favor system is actually very useful, and means less waiting bringing a large nation in to help you as an ally. Not to mention favors can be used to boost trust so your allies will not randomly rival you. Monuments are also overall very useful, and make provinces feel unique.

Leviathan still has questionable design choices, but the major game breaking bugs (like the crashes around year 1505) are fixed. The favor system is actually very useful, and means less waiting bringing a large nation in to help you as an ally. Not to mention favors can be used to boost trust so your allies will not randomly rival you. Monuments are also overall very useful, and make provinces feel unique.

Favors could be used in that way since favors were introduced.

Reactions:
was it ever intended that legitimacy just doesn't grow without the DLC during a regency and can result in a chain of low legitimacy heirs? because the game tries to tell you to extend a regency when it's impossible due to not having the DLC. that seems like a bad balance issue, it didn't happen before Leviathan

Trust trended upwards before, and with favours or GP influence you could increase trust manually beforehand

Favors could be used in that way since favors were introduced.
Yes, but the favor system was far too slow for this to reliably work. You could have twice the development of a nation and only get a favor every two years. Then they would just randomly rival you. Now favorable is much more like a resource you can build around.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Didnt think this post would be so popular. Guess people dont like it.
I just wasnt sure if it was a better game if i bought leviathan or didnt..since either way, id get the free patch(i own paradise and all other dlc)