• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Saladin stood on the prow of the Miṣr's Revenge a Huge Carrack constructed shortly after the 1st Miṣr Revolt. The Great Ship was coming into the Great City's harbor alongside 5 other Miṣr ships. Onboard was a force of 500 Gulams, the only Miṣr military unit apart from the Mutikabir militia not currently inside the walls of the Golden City. Only the excellent discipline and training of the Miṣr troops stopped them from completely destroying the city. The Miṣr's Revenge slowly docked at one of the larger wharfs in the Golden City and Saladin descended onto the pier alongside 200 Ghulams, the others would join the main Miṣr army in the city.

Saladin entered the Great Hall and quickly moved towards his seat, where his Chief Diplomat, Nur ad-Din Zangi sat, upon sitting down Nur ad-Din quickly filed the Emir in on the happenings so far. When he had finished Saladin quickly stood and began speaking:

"Lords of the Empire, I am Saladin, son of Najir al-Din and Emir of Miṣr. As many of you probably already know in the year 990 near 450,000 of my people, including my father, were murdered by the "Golden Army" and Essos II. 10 years later I led my army to the gates of this city. My men began the siege with revenge in their hearts. Had the High Steward and the Archmage not surrendered the city 450,000 people would have died. Yet they did and in doing so saved those lives. I come to you today to request that you send aid to the Emirate so it may recover from the destruction caused by the Mad Emperor, I believe the Imperial lands in the vicinity of the city should be sold and the money used to help my people who suffered the most in the removal of the Mad Emperor.

As for the Archmage's proposal, I will not and cannot support it. The armies of Miṣr will march against anyone who tries to force other nations to end the most ancient tradition of slavery and we will destroy them. I do not care about the proposal of the High Steward for the people of Miṣr do not care anymore for this city of sin. Also, the Emirate of Miṣr will be cutting off all grain shipments to the Golden City until a full apology is delivered for the murder of our citizens and reparations are paid to the Emirate of Miṣr."

"While I will never dispute the right of a Lord to seek justice for the wrongs inflicted upon his people, I would ask Emir Saladin to moderate his demands for the moment. The tyranny of the Mad Emperor fell upon many people. It will do little good and much harm if we all start insisting upon the primacy of our own grievances. And in any case withholding grain will drop the heaviest punishment upon those least to blame, the common peasants of the city.

As for apology, while it seems like a reasonable thing to expect, with the Emperor dead and no successor, I do not see who could issue such an apology. To be of any real weight an apology must come from the guilty party, or at least from his kin. You of course have my sympathy for the wrongs done to you, and I do not mind saying so in an official capacity, for what that is worth."

My Lord Saladin, all of us suffered under the reign of the Mad Emperors. To claim to be above and deserving of special treatment is frankly disgusting. Your ambitions are too great and your army too weak. To withhold your grain is not only inhumane, it is financial idiocy. If the Emir follows through on his promise I will supply the city with wheat and sausages for a modest cost. For we are all businessmen, are we not?

I believe the High Steward and Archmage as the main advisors of the Mad Emperor would be able to apologise for the murder of 450,000 of my people. As for your comments about the Common Folk, is the Golden Army not composed largely of common folk? Were the 450,000 people who were murdered not common folk? I am merely demanding reparations for the murder of the vast majority of my citizens by the soldiers of the Golden City and if the High Steward and the Archmage truly care about the common folk they would pay Miṣr the money it needs to recover from the Great Disaster.

As for Lord von Saxon, did your lands lose the vast majority of it's population during the Revolt? Did any province except Miṣr lose the vast majority of it's population during the revolt? I do not believe so. I believe all provinces should get compensation for their losses in the revolt I am merely pointing out that Miṣr's were by a very, very long way the largest.

"Well, as to the High Steward and the Archmage, I suppose the matter is left to their discretion as to an apology. But the common soldier is little more than a tool in the hand of his leaders. You don't break a sword if it is used in a murder. There is little point in trying to inflict punishment upon them, when they lacked the capability to refuse to commit the offense. I've no objection to Misr receiving an appropriate share of the funds collected for relief.

Of course you are entirely within your rights to refuse to conduct trade with the city. My counsel is that it would be neither wise nor just, but no lord needs my approval to act. In any case, I do hope you believe that I have nothing but esteem and sympathy for you and yours. It should please me very much to see our lands prosper as neighbors."

That is all I ask, although I believe that a significant amount of funds should be collected and a significant amount should come from the Golden City, perhaps 5 years of taxes could be devoted to the relief funds? After much discussion with my advisors I have decided that as long as the Archmage and the High Steward do not go to war and agree to help collect funds for relief Miṣr will continue to trade with the Golden City. Should they not agree then all trade with the city will cease.

Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn, your people were wronged by the emperor, that much is certain, but you ask too much. Firstly, I doubt that the ArchMage or High Steward could have stayed the Mad Emperor's hand, and for all you know they tried. At any rate, an apology accomplishes nothing, you want people who did not carry out the act to accept blame, and I have no doubt that you would use the apology as a justification when you demand more.

It is sad that such a massacre was committed against your people, and I can see why you would seek vengeance. However, I find it completely disgusting that you would point out the atrocity committed against you, but in the same breath, tell us that you wished to commit the same pain on the people of the Golden City, as well as declare undying support for slavery. I would think that in the lifetime of the empire more elves were taken as slaves and abused than the massacre of your people, yet I do not seek vengeance on any who have ever held a slave, or lived in a slave city, only that slaves be given freedom. You have assurances that your people will not suffer such abuse in the future thanks to the Lords assembly.

As far as restricting your crops, that is one of the most foolish ideas I have ever heard from a human. Your lands are rich and will produce more crops than your people alone can hope to consume, so they trade them. If you cut off trade, you will be taking money out of the purses of your people, as well as retarding your own growth. If merchants cannot trade grain they will buy less, so your farmers will produce less, and your lands will lose the one thing that makes you anything more than a tribe of desert nomads.

I ask that you consider your words more carefully in the future, you will not find friends in this assembly if you continue acting in such a fashion. Finally, if Miṣr gets special treatment when we rebuild the empire I will withdraw my support and money.

Kvothe Kalare stand up to talk:
--Dear lords of the reign we CANNOT allow this crazy idea of abolishing slavery in the whole continent go on! My family in cannot in good conscience put on the street thousand of slavers only in our territory and ruin hundreds of families. Our city is a big spot for moving slave into the interior of the continent and we will not approve our own doom and you shouldn't neither

--About the proposal of prohibiting slavery in the golden City i vote against it too as i cannot say no to one with saying no to the other.

--Let it not be say the Kalare family doesnt care about the country and therefore we approve of giving money to rebuild the country

Last edited:
Kvothe Kalare stand up to talk:
--Dear lords of the reign we CANNOT allow this crazy idea of abolishing slavery in the whole continent go on! My family in cannot in good conscience put on the street thousand of slavers only in our territory and ruin hundreds of families. Our city is a big spot for moving slave into the interior of the continent and we will not approve our own doom and you shouldn't neither

--About the proposal of prohibiting slavery in the golden City i vote against it too as i cannot say no to one with saying no to the other.

Such an argument is foolish and entirely self serving, you mourn the potential loss of employment of a few thousand immoral and terrible men, while many times more families have their mothers, fathers, or children taken from them. The people who lose loved ones in slave raids and the slaves who are forced to spend their entire lives working, with no chance of increasing their standing in life, to say nothing of being torn form the Light, should be given priority over slavers. They are immoral men who seek to make a living by bringing harm and pain to others. You would not allow bandits to function in your realm simply because they have families would you? I would ask the assembly to ignore this mans words as the self-serving lies that they are.

Last edited:
I should have no objection to the abolition of slavery within the city proper. I have no affection for the institution. Aside from the suffering of the slave, it encourages a lazy and entitled attitude in the masters. But I must oppose any measure, however well meant, that imposes upon the hard won freedom of those assembled here to govern their own lands by their own laws.

((Depending on the Outcome of the Slave Debate, players may either gain or lose gold based on a roll if slavery is banned in the Golden City. If it is banned across the world, than there will be a war, and players stand to gain prestige in battle, if the law stays than nothing will happen, so get your votes in. Expect an update on Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone. :)))

Kalare quest proposal to the Assembly

Me Kvothe Kalare propose the exciting adventure of the following quest: I propose we send a expedition party to explore the long abandoned ( for unknown reason) Dwarve city in Mount Kalaris. As it has been know for some time this one was one of the richest and most powerful Dwarve cities in Norseland, thousands inhabited it but no more...it has been passed down in my family that a hige treasure is still in the city and many dwarve artifacts ( i am sure they will like back) are still there. So what do you say gentleman? ready for glory and gold? if so join me in this quest.

"My great-grandfather lived in Mount Kalaris. He left before the Fall, moving to Kogansunan, but he prospered in the North. Who knows what was left behind there? I should like to find out.

I suppose I ought to have more of a care for the succession. I had thought to look for a bride among the Northern dwarves in any case. "

My brother would be willing to join this quest. Sounds like fun!

Such an argument is foolish and entirely self serving, you mourn the potential loss of employment of a few thousand immoral and terrible men, while many times more families have their mothers, fathers, or children taken from them. The people who lose loved ones in slave raids and the slaves who are forced to spend their entire lives working, with no chance of increasing their standing in life, to say nothing of being torn form the Light, should be given priority over slavers. They are immoral men who seek to make a living by bringing harm and pain to others. You would not allow bandits to function in your realm simply because they have families would you? I would ask the assembly to ignore this mans words as the self-serving lies that they are.

It is simple really. NO nord from my land was damage from slavery and has never been, as there is no such think as slavery of the nord in norseland, therefore no NORD has ever make another his slave an sold them into submission. Have you ever seeing a slave nord? i have not. why would i then damage my own people in stopping a source of their income ? now that's a mad preposition.

The institution of slavery has been with us for centuries and is part of everyone in in the whole continent, you cannot just take it away because your own inability to stop your people to be continuous capture and sold to slavery. Slave is a possession of his buyer, an no one has right to take it away. I thought the end of the oppression on the domains had come with the dead of the mad emperor Essos II but i see now that the the elves think they should rule and impose their views on the other species and domains.

Allowing these atrocity of law to pass is to return to submission by a select small group or individual on all of us my dear lords. Why the hundreds of thousand s in the Miṣr's rebellion? or the thousand of nord, dwarve or even elves died for ? if not for the abolishing of the tyranny of the one over us? But now i see here is that not everyone may have thought the same...i would guess the supporters of these preposition only raise against the Mad emperor to replace him and be the one to oppress the many.

Last edited:
Lore of the Orcs Part I
The Overall
The Orcs are the children of the Dark one and we have never forgotten, nor have we forgiven the mistakes of our anstestors. While Orcs do not agree what the mistake was, to keep living in tribes, to keep hoping for the return of the Dark one or the abandoning of the Dark one. We were his children and our father is gone, is this better or is it worse. Since he went away he have been going in darkness and have not united, when you walk around in the clans of the world you get a very different view of what the Orcs should have done. This has also lead to many civil wars within the Orc race and rivalry. When the Dark one made the Orcs he took members from all races which is also why there are 3 different kinds of Orcs roaming the world today, the standard Orc has the highest population, then the Goblins and then the Ogre.

Around 1300 years ago the first Orc was created to be in the army of the Dark one, when the Dark one was defeated a lot of Orcs fled underground until there would come a war-chief. Over the next centuries war-chiefs came and went, while some had minor successes nothing was major which was until a small chief in the wasteland rose up with his clan to dominance, He was the first and only to unite the major parts of the clans into a civilization and he used his new power to attack the Sultan of Hroniden where he was defeated and our connection aswell as most of our magic powers from the Dark one was taken away.

Orcs

Today the Orcs are split into two different parts of the world. In the east we have the more civil Orcs, while they still dispute which way to take in regards to which way they should follow, they tend to sort it out in a civil way.
In the west we have Orcs who still worship the Dark one and hope to return to his grace, while they are not feral they do tend to attack most outsiders on sight. They also do not support anyone of the light and if you wish to travel to them you will need to be invited and extremely careful.

The Orcish living way is quite different than most other races, Orcs mainly live in tribes out in the open or in fortresses. At current time there is only one known Orchish city which is Goi'Orka and is led by Ra'Gru, this has also made it into one of the most important areas in the Orcish mindset.

An Orc’s last name is sign of disgrace, in Orcish culture you use the name of your current tribe or city as last name to show its honor and strength. Any Orc using his last name is clanless and is a disgrace.

The warchief in the Orcish society is the highest position possible, it is like king and it can be gained by anyone. While land and clans might he handed down from father to son, the title of war chief have to be gained by power. The last war chief was almost 500 years ago who warred the Sultan of Hroniden, during the war he had many victories but in the end was soundly defeated by the Sultan with the aid of the Empire. After his defeat we lost the connection to the Dark one, when we lost our connection we also lost our magic, while there still are a few Orcs that are able to do very minor magic it wasent always like that, we used to have what was called Dark Magic which was things such as Fire Magic.

After his defeat the Orcs scattered into all the clans the different clans you see today. In the east there lives an estimated 200,000 Orcs outside of the city of Goi'Orka in different clans, in the west however there lives a much larger population of Orcs and it is not known how many, only that the majority of Orcs lives there.

Goblins.

After the break with the Dark one the Goblins when Feral and went into the mountains of Highathar, since then they had been living quietly until 30 years ago where they started to surface again after an earthquake. In recent years they have started raiding more and more villages and trade caravans, they have become a major local problem. There is an estimated 1million Goblins in the mountains.

Ogres.

Ogres are the biggest of the Orc races and has the same strength as a Golem, these are highly dangerous and are only found in the Ashland waste.

Last edited:
As for the slavery debate,after coming in contact with all Urist family members,I,Urist Wonorm,appeal to the idea of banning slavery within all the realm
We would also like to take part in the expedition to mount Calaris.Our province is nearby and we can provide you with valuable money,troops and help to defeat the Ogres,Golems and,God forbid we fight them,dragons.We would like however to ask that any pillage found in the ruins of the Dwarven city be distributed among the two dwarven provinces and not in any outside provinces,since that by dwarven tradition would mean dishonor of our forefathers.
We would also like to announce that we are going to hold a dwarven religious festival to the Light Gods of the dwarven pantheon(Creator,Kilmorph,Thraltmor and Terach).Anyone,be it believer in the dwarven pantheon or not,is welcome to join in the festivities.After the festivities will follow a period of prayer and meditation to the Wisdom and Light of these gods.

Last edited:
Lord Coamenel I do not ask for any special treatment I merely ask that all relief funds be given out in proportion to losses during the revolts against the Mad Emperor. I believe it would be ridiculous for a country that lost a few soldiers to be given the same amount of money as one that took heavy civilian casualties.

I believe my brother and champion, Najm al-Dīn Ayyūbid, will be participating in the quest to Mount Kalaris. I also agree to the proposal of Lord Urist however perhaps other participants in the quest could be adequately rewarded by gold and other precious metals mined by the Dwarves.