[Forum Game] Agorath and the Maegi Prophecy

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • East India Company Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Character
Ruler Name: Arl Alföðr "The Crownless" Frostsverð
Ruler Trait: Brilliant Strategist
Race: Nord
Heir: Freyr Alföðrsönnir Frostsverð (14 years old)
Daughters: Gudrun Alföðrdöttir Frostsverð (16, deceased), Freyja Alföðrdöttir Frostsverð(14 years old)
Vassals: Thane Grímnir Hávi, Thane Týr Váfuðr
Champion: Myself

Bio
Alföðr Týrsönnir had spent all his adult years as the marshal of The Pale. He was known troughout the settlement of Blekborg as a very just person. He had several times acted as law speaker in place of his liege at the local ting.
His house carls were well trained, loyal but few. Most prominent of those were Grimnir and Týr. Much older and wiser than him but knew their place.

The pride of Alföðr was his daughter Gudrun, she wanted to be just like her father, marshal and champion of the realm. Now a grown woman ready to join her fathers band of soldiers, to learn from the best the north had to offer. Her strength and passion were a virtue most men in The Pale desired. A woman that would die beside him with a smile as they smashed their enemies together, to be reunited yet again forever in the halls of Eftirheim with their peers. Of course the young Arl Thormund kept a close eye on her.

On the night before her day of admittance she was summoned to the Arl's longhouse. Alföðr don't know what happened that night. But some of the longhouse guards returned her to their home and her soul had left her. Alföðr dispaired but did not know what to do. He did not leave her side troughout the night. But in the morning, she had cut her own throat and he cried out. Grimnir and Týr heard the foul scream of pain and hurried to their friends home. To find him in the door opening with his sword drawn and crying. The drops falling on the sword and instantly freezing in this cold winter morning. They did not try to stop him as he headed towards the longhouse of the Arl, no one did, no one dared. The whole court just watched as Alföðr struck Thormund down and stomped on his bronze crown.

The comming days he took over the duties of the Arl, but never formally coronated. Until the next ting where he sat down on the throne as usual but the steward introduced him not as the law speaker of the ting and marshal of the realm, but the Arl of The Pale. The Steward asked who shall be the new marshal and champion of the realm. After some deep thought on the previous Arl's decisions he rose up and declared, "No nord should follow a man who dares not swing a sword in defence of his own brethren. For years have we been loosing our home to the savage Tribesmen to the east because of Thormund craven ways. Our settlements burnt and all we have left is Blekborg. An Arl's purpose is to protect his people and I shall not fail." and thus it was written down in the law scripture of The Pale.

Province
Province Name: The Pale
Capital Seat: Blekborg
Other settlements: None

History
The Pale is a border province in the north, right next to the tribesmen's mountains to the east. It consists of two parts. Bronsholm and Ísskógur. The people of this province are called a Pale one, they used to cover the whole province but recently they have lost a lot of land to the tribesmen of the east. All that is left is the last solitude of Blekborg at the southern tip of the island Bronsolm. It was the area of Ísskógur that had the soil for farming and the wood for building. Now the Pale ones are barely surviving in Blekborg on fishing and the small farms Bronsholm can provide.

Bronsholm is very much barren and frozen landscape. There's not much snow because the cold air has made the land dry so it rarely snows. The most common death in Bronsholm is from the cold itself and not from age. So called stone-flowers grow quite plenty on the island though.

greenland-sydkap.jpg
The typical landscape of Bronsholm

wonderland,winter,forest,cold,nature,photography-f9698aa2ff5c3de1aa1b308eb10241e3_h.jpg
The typical landscape of Ísskógur

Dynasty
Name: Frostsverð
Head: Alföðr

History
The dynasty is recently formed by Alföðr. Even so some traditions have been associated with the dynasty itself. One of them is that the ruler does not wear a form of crown to display his ruling title. The titles of the family is passed with the rulers cermonial sword, the famous frozen sword with the tears of Alföðr. The tears for some reason are still frozen on the blade and the rumor is that as long as a true Frostsverð weilds it, the tears will stay frozen. Either the sword is given or it is taken by blood, that is the whole inheritance process of the Frostsverd. With the sword also comes the title as champion and marshal of the realm. These traditions comes from the coronation speech Alföðr had after defeating the previous Arl: "No nord should follow a man who dares not swing a sword in defence of his own brethren".

The dynasty name is picked from Alföðr's sword.

(( I hope it's okay I have the whole thing with the tears on the sword and that they don't melt. If you deem it lore breaking or too magical I can remove it. But I found it as a cool effect that put weight on my characters back story and legitimacy ))

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
All hail the Frostsverð!

The ting was over. The coronation of the new Arl was made. The bronze crown had been destroyed by Alföðr's rage but now the frozen sword was the proof of his false legitimacy. He called for the attention of his steward.

- "Ulfr, what have I done? I am not noble by birth, I have no right to lead these people"
- "Sire, these people gave you that right. If you did not have it you would not sit on the throne." the gray old man responded with soft words.

Alföðr scratched his beard worrying over his new responsibilities. He was already feeling the weight, a much heavier one than leading men to battle. Families trusting in that his decisions shall make his life just a little better. He glanced over to his twin children warming themselves in-front of the fireplace. Usually happy, now in morning of their big-sister... Every memory of her ached trough his entire body.

- "Sire?" Ulfr asked him and touched him on his shoulder. "I'm sorry but we have pressing matters to attend to."
- "Yes, let's hear He said after collecting himself.
- "First you have to choose your thanes and then we have an envoy from the Golden City

Alföðr knew exactly who he wanted as his closest housecarls. Those two had been his mentors, too old to be fighters but they had served the realm well and still do. Most of the younglings in the army still would not be able to best them.

- "Grímnir Hávi and Týr Váfuðr deserve the titles, if I could give them more I would"
- "Very well sire, it shall be so." He waved to a thrall and told him to fetch them.
- "What was the message from the shiverers?" he asked with a smile on the face, the weakness of outsiders to the cold of The Pale had always amused him.

Ulfr explained that they had requested the presence of late Arl Thormund in the Assembly of the Imperial Palace. Apparently a plague brought forth by underlings of dökk was terrorizing the lands. More than that he did not know, the envoy had died by the cold before he could tell them anything else. Anything concerning Myrkrieinn, or The Dark One in the common language, was always of great concerns. The ancient Ahtaer fought him after they so foolishly destroyed the only thing protecting them, The Faðir, in the quest for power. Now every mortal is tasked with protecting life. Alföðr took a sip from his mead and looked at the reflection of the fire in the bronze goblet. He imagined the whole city engulfed in flames of war and his people for the slaughter, the last solitude of the proud Pale ones finally destroyed. On one side he has the tribesmen and on the other side he has aggressive Arl's looking to expand their realm. Then beyond that there is the Myrkrieinn set on eating the world. For a moment he played with the thought that maybe he should have swallowed his sorrow and accepted his liege crime so he could have been let go of this weight.

The doors to the longhouse opens up and in comes Grímnir and Týr with full gear for border patrol duty. poor thrall that had to run out in the cold after them. He leans over to the steward

- "Leave us..." he tells him "... and make sure the thrall is given a pelt to warm himself. If he's so determined to run after them in this cold he is worth keeping"
- "Yes mi'arl." he bows and walks out of the longhouse leaving the Arl and the new Thane's.

Alföðr stands up with an open gesture towards to the two old men in-front of him

- "My old friends! Would you do me the honour to join me in the Assembly of the Imperial Tower as my Thanes and Chancellors?" he yelled out in happiness of seeing them "I would really appreciate your wisdom."

They agreed, the very next day they headed to the Golden City by longboat trough the rivers, making the journey fairly quick. three dozen enormous pale housecarls exited the boat first then the Arl and his trusted Thanes, one on each side. They all wore white dire wolf pelts. The local populace were stunned by the vision. Alföðr has been here before as the personal guard of previous Arl's, he well knew his way to the assembly.

While walking the streets he saw everything he detested, the nobles lived separated from the people of the city, the very notion that the people should serve the lords is not what he believed in. The lords were the servants, everything they did was for the furthering of his people, even if at his own expense. This is what The Pale Ones always have believed. While walking trough simply The Harbour he saw people he wanted to help, but not the means to do so. This corrupt society have fallen upon itself, and soon to be forgotten. His eye catches something in an alley, a small critter scavenging for food. He walks closer to notice a malnourished baby hedgehog. At least this being he can help for now he tells himself and walks closer to it, scared it curls into a spiky ball. He squats down beside it, reach inside his pelt cloak and pulls out some grilled salmon and waves it in-front of the scared poor thing. Smelling the wonderful meat she slowly peaks out. She eventually grabs it and starts eating. He continues his walk towards the Imperial Palace.

When entering the nobles quarters Grímnir pats on his back and tells him:

- "Seems like you have gotten another companion, friend." he points on a dark little shadow approaching them carefully. She had followed them the whole way from the Harbour. A little light started to burn inside of Alföðr, his small act of kindness had a difference. Gave the little creature some more salmon then put her in a pocket of the pelt cloak where she fell soundly asleep. Probably the first time in her life she felt safe. A little proof that in this world where the Myrkrieinn rules, there is still place for something better.

With the determination he needs, he entered the assembly. Determined to make everything right, to save the world, in the memory of Gudrun.

(( I'm still going by the lore, just replacing like names to fit the culture of my realm. Ahtaer = The Saints, though worshipped as gods. The Faðir is the creator. ))

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
- "The Pale Ones shall help with what we can, but in this time of transition to me as The Crownless Arl, I fear that the tribesmen or neighbours might view me as weak. I do not dare send more than a thousand men in your aid."
Alföðr gestures to himself and his Thanes standing behind his chair.
- "We shall personally lead these men, this is our dedication and we shall die next to you in battle if that is what the Ahtaer demands. So I am wondering, why are we still discussing these petty problems when the glory of Eftirheim awaits?"

The Pale supports Ra'Gru of Goi'Orka plot
The Pale votes Yes to mustering the army
The Pale votes to free the mercenary captain to fight the horde
The Pale votes yes to ending all conquest

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
(( Is there a "pause" in the fighting now? As in I can collect my fallen for burial and talk with my thanes? ))

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Thane Týr Váfuðr approaches the Assembly carrying a parchment scroll.

- "Apologies on behalf my Arl. He is currently taking the bones of the fallen home to make sure they may rest with their families."
The Old man takes the Crownless Arl's seat.
- "My liege is willing to send 500 strong men to Galadriel to support the local populace with dealing with the Corpus before the problem manages to take a hold.
He looks over to the elvish representatives and does a gesture with his hand towards them.
- "As a show of good faith, he wants me to request that you assemble some officers, just a small amount, to guide the troops and to show the populace that there is no inherent danger. I will as well lead these troops myself."
His tone grew a bit darker and more serious as he finished with:
- "We will as well protect the elven lands from any insurgents that tries to disturb the peace in this time of need"

He leans forward, cross his fingers and wait for the response of the Assembly.

Frostsverð army of 400 men leaves the Golden Army

Last edited:

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
The Aftermath

Alföðr walked with his peers on what was left of the battlefield. He was covered in blood, guts and scratches of the mad men. Eventually he came to the place where a young boy had gotten bitten while defending the Arl's flank. He was not nord or even man but he would honor the elf the nord way. He knelt beside the dead body and mumbled:

- "May your soul find your family in Eftirheim, I shall make sure your bones find your family in Agorheim"

He looked at the craftsmanship of the armour and deemed it to be a soldier of The Green Chasm. They burned the body and then started to take care of all Pale Ones that had fallen in the battle, doing the same. Collecting the bones of the dead was the way of The Pale to honour their dead. To bring them home and give their families peace. But before done an envoy reached Alföðr with the sigil of Mandrilla, he recognized it from markings on the young soldiers armour. He read it, carefully, the grave news it entailed worried him. The Corpus was now much closer to home.

- "Thrall, fetch me Grímnir and Týr" he said to his servant "I will be waiting for them in my tent"

He waited in the provisional tent they had setup for war plans. Though he was not calm. He remembered scenes from the battlefield, horrible things he never wished upon his men. A Pale One begging his brethren to kill him as he has been bitten. Whole housecarl parties drowning in madmen ravaging over them, eaten alive. He could still hear their screams echo inside of his mind. He remembered cleaning his sword from blood of his own kind yet again. This time it was boys that did not deserve to die, not even men. He leaned against a pillar as of looking for support as of how he could have led these men to the worst doom imaginable. As if reading his mind, a hand appeared behind him and grabbed his shoulder and Týr uttered with a comforting voice:

- "They knew what was awaiting, they knew they would die, and they would face Eftirheim ten times more if so be it." then Grímnir continued "They knew their deaths would give their children, sisters and wives a few days more, that prize they were willing to pay."
- "Thank you old friends" He turned around to face them "But it is not yet over, I have tasks for you"

He explains how the Corpus have spread to Galabriel, right next to their own home. They must make haste. Týr is given the parchment from the elves and ordered to travel to the Capital and declare before the assembly that The Pale will indeed help the Elves against anything that will threaten them. Grímnir will take the bones of their brethren back home to The Pale and acquire the reinforcements they need. The Crownless shall travel carrying the elf's bones himself to The Green Chasm.

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
The Unwanted help

It was a long way to Galadriel, The Pale Ones do not like to travel trough the mountains and have to do a long detour because of it. The only thing comforting him on the long journey was his new little friend, she was growing well. As they had setup camp at the foot of Mount Kistair they could see the enormous forest in the distance. But their rest was not long, the eastern scouts returned with reports of banner-less men walking towards them. The Crownless assembled a smaller band to meet them. Though it was more of a pleasant surprise for them when they actually faced these men, because they were no men.

- "My liege! We could not sit by as our husbands are dying in battle" It was some of the wives of the soldiers in his band of four hundred men. More specifically, shield maidens who had housecarl as husbands.
- "Ah it's good to see you brethren!" He yelled out with open arms welcoming their leader with a brotherly hug "But I do not hope you are the only reinforcements Blekborg sent?"
- "No my Arl, we've been doing a force marsh ever since we first heard. Her eyes drifted away to among the men in his pack and she started smiling "The others... are coming to Green Chasm...."

Alföðr laughed and waved her away and she ran into the midst to her husband, and the rest did the same. Alföðr almost got crushed in the middle of the families reuniting. But there was someone waiting for him there as well. His son Freyr.

- "Son? What are you doing here? You should be home being tutored!" He yelled mad at his son being so near to where Corpus is.
- "I'm sorry my Arl, but the Steward as nothing more to teach me, he sent me to be taught by you" he responded courteously. His father started laughing.
- "It is clear that the steward is Imperial, you should not be so formal with your own father, come here!" Alföðr enveloped his son in his pelts and hugged him.

As they neared camp, more shieldmaidens and housecarls were united, this was just the morale the men needed in order to go on fighting the mad men. Alföðr on the other hand had a present for his son, the little hedgehog. Freyr named him Rakkr. Then the next day they continued into Galandriel.

As they were walking trough the south entrance of the chasm, Alföðr ordered a full stop, listening to around him. He turns around.
- "Why are the walls swarming with warriors filled with hatred?"

Elves ran out of hiding and formed a shieldwall in-front of the nord warriors, bowmen on the cliffs aiming on the Arl's men, begging their master to let them. Alföðr put his son behind him and wrapped his cloak over him. He approached the elven wall of hatred but was stopped by an officer yelling at him

- "DON'T YOU TAKE ONE MORE STEP YOU FILTH!" he screamed "I WILL GUT YOU LIKE A BOAR!"
- "I don't understand, what is this?" The Arl was confused "I came because you asked for assistance with the mad men"
- "Have your people never heard of forewarning?!" A young, female voice echoed from behind the Elves. Eylinn came riding through the shieldwall on her horse."What if we had opened fire? It's custom to send a courier in advance when in foreign territory for that very reason.

The young boy looked out carefully from behind his father, mesmerised by the view, he could not look away from the elf. Alföðr felt how his sons hands grasped tighter on his clothes.

- "I am not familiar with your customs. Besides we have been marching relentlessly ever since we heard to hurry to your aid." he looked up on the cliffs "Why does every soul here want to see us dead so badly?"
- "Tell me my dear Arl, when was the last time you saw an Elf without a slave collar in the land of the Nords? That, milord, would be the reason." her anger were sipping out of her every pour "An unexpected Nord for us, is almost without exception, here to steal our people from their homes."
- "Slave collars? I've only seen those in the imperial city young lady." He responded, raised his hand and a nord thrall ran up to him "We are The Pale Ones, where we come from we have thralls, not slaves, besides the cold would kill the slaves long before they could escape, such a slave collar would not be needed"

The young Elf said nothing, sent a poisonous gaze in the Arl's direction, and signaled her men to stand down.
- "Make yourselves at home, albeit not too comfortable. We don't grow wheat for a two armies at once. How many will you bring?"
- "Two thousand strong brethren. The rest will be coming directly from our home. May I as well join you in your war tent to plan the purge with you young mistress?"

Her face manifested a slight reddening in its hue. Her eyes still brimming with distrust that much was apparent. She gave a nod, and then, without saying anything, signalled to the Nords they were free to enter her realm.As they start to leave, he turns to the thrall and puts a hand on his shoulder. Asks him kindly to take care of his son and removes his son from his hiding. As the Thrall accepts the Arl smiles and responds "Faðir's blessings".

Last edited:

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
The Pale Lore: Ceremony of the Dead​

The dead are very much important for Pale Ones. To a degree where they are worshipped. Their gods, Ahtaer, are the spirits of the old heroes who ascended upon their death. They strongly believe that besides Agorath which they call Agorheim is a place called Eftirheim where the Ahtaer rules from. The most revered Ahtaer of them all is the god of death, a nord whose name has been forgotten. He is the central god in their pantheon, to honour him there is a long tradition regarding the dead because of that.

The God of Death​
The Unnamed one is believed to take care of the souls. He guides them in their final voyage to Eftirheim and unite them with their beloved ones. So in his honour the Pale Ones do the same with the fallen ones bones. They make sure that their bones are united with their own family. Each family has it's own sacred burial mound where they are brought. Each of these burial mounds are considered a shrine for the god. There is also a royal burial place which is a beautiful cave somewhere on Bronsholm, a well kept secret and a place riddled with myths. One of the myths of the royal cave is that the god actually lives there and visit each burial mound and tends to them. At the time of the winter solstice it is quite common to suddenly find rock flowers growing on the graves just to die away yet again a few days later.

The Goodbye​
When a person dies, the body is burnt till only the bones are left. These bones are to be cleaned before being put into the sacred parcel made of pelt from a dire wolf. The fur is on the inside towards the bones, and the outside is the leather of the animal that has been specially prepared so it is soft to the touch and then religious markings are burnt into it. These are called Ökutæki and are extremely expensive. For that reason the family owns one together and burns their insignia into it. All the Ökutæki in The Pale are several hundred years old. In the comfort of the pelt the bones are to be taken to the family and later where it is to be buried. This whole process is the ceremony and is called The Goodbye and is considered the greatest honour to perform. When handing over the bones to the family the holder always bow down in honour of the dead person. This is to such a degree that even high kings are considered to be below the dead person.

It is also very common that some of these people become worshipped by their family just like the Ahtaer if they were powerful or beloved, though so far no nord has been so powerful that he has been given the title of being an Ahtaer since the Age of Heroes.

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Alföðr of Frostsverð proposes that a blood-bond is to be formed between the house of Celestian and the house of Frostsverð in these troubled times. Alföðr will marry the daughter of the most prestigious Justinus to unite these two mighty houses.

Alföðr of Frostsverð signs the Celestian-Frostsverð Bloodbond.

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
It shall be so!

The Frostsverð's proposes we build a joint commerce fleet with manpower from both realms, we believe this will make trading between our two cultures much easier. And we will protect our river in a joined way.

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
The Outsiders roaming in the City

The little young nord were walking around in what seemed to be where the people gathered in this elven city. He was fascinated by the people here, they were so different from his kinsmen back home. Everything was so spectacular and beautiful, he felt like he was in a dreamland. Rakkr was walking beside Freyr with the thrall and a few guards after him. The thrall, Kaldt, kept a watchful eye of his master, he knew that Freyr loved new things and could easily get in trouble. But he took note of that this fascination was different from before.

Rakkr's nose started going rapidly, she walked up to a stand, it had fresh game of venison. Freyr picked up the little hedgehog so she could get a better look, she was already smacking and licking her nose.

- "How much for a little venison to this little critter?" The hunter smiled and responded "Did your father fight alongside the elves?"

The boy nodded in response and was offered the small piece of venison for free, Rakkr was happy. They continued to walk around, Freyr wanted something to take home to his sister. Eventually he found a silver craftsman. The necklaces were wonderful, but he found one that he found fitting for her. It had a stone in it that seemed to shift colour as he picked it up but when untouched it was colourless.

- "I'm sorry son, but I think that jewellery is even too expensive for you" the boy looked up on the smiling elf. "Thrall, give him a bag of silver"

The smith was stunned, not by the bag of purest silver, but that there was a slave in front of him.

- "You do know you are not a slave here in the chasm nord? The guards here will protect your freedom" Kaldt smiles and responded softly "I've had the coins to buy what you call freedom for several years now."
- "Do you think she will like it?" He wasn't even bothered that the elf was trying to take his servant away from him. "She will like anything you give her sire"

The boy walked away with the present to his sister happily, the elves around were staring at him and the guards. The thrall lingered for a moment and when the young lord was out of hearing distance his tone changed to a very angry one.

- "Do never call a thrall a slave again" His eyes were still fixed on the boy, he seemed almost disgusted "It's insulting to our masters to deem us just simply slaves. It's not unheard of thralls of killing to defend their master's honour."
- "My master is not a common slave driver, his father saved your people, be grateful." Kaldt turned his head and stared into the elf's eyes with burning anger.

He left and caught up quickly to his master completely calm and collected again. The boy hadn't even noticed, he was so proud of the jewellery to his sister.

arwennecklace-500x500.jpg

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
The Wedding of Misfortune​

Their trail of longboats just left the Silverfish river, now entering the Nord Lake. They were lucky it was summer, the lake were too warm for the snowflakes to settle on it and freeze the water. But it was indeed a beautiful view with the heavy snowfall and the clear lake and nature around them. Freyja was leaning on the edge of the boat and looking into the reflection of herself with the gift from her brother around her neck. The father was staring into the distance, back to where they came from.

- "Something troubling you friend?" The head of a noble family spoke to him, Thor af Sálhöfðinn, he looked back at him "It looked like a tribesmen in the forest were starring at us back there... but something was a bit off..."
Thor started laughing and started patting Alföðr on the back. "You worry too much, not even on a day of celebration can you relax"

The longboats continued down south towards Three rivers. It consisted of soldiers, thralls, family members and various prestigious people from The Pale. As they neared their destination they started see in the horizon various large construction works in progress. The Celestian family was a rich one, some might find that a reason enough to marry, but Alföðr's intentions were not those of silver and gold. The last Assembly had put him worried, the conflicts between the various rulers and especially having such an aggressive neighbor, he did not dare to stand alone. What the Celestian motives where he could only guess, was it trade or was it soldiers. The honour of the housecarls The Pale is fairly known by now, but Bronsholm has large quantities of metal for mining and the fishes in the north sea are large and bountiful. It matters not, they both benefit from this bloodbond.

Finally they reached the docks, the garrison stood already ready to welcome them.

- "Hail milord! On behalf of house Celestian I welcome thee!" The Captain of the Guard said as they tied their boats to the dock "If you would follow us, we will guide you to Celestian Citadel"

The nords disembarked and followed the Celestian troops to the citadel, eventually they reached the inner castle's great hall.

- "Father!" Anastasia were yelling in the great hall but she quieted down as the enormous doors opened and the announcer proclaimed "The Crownless Arl of The Pale has arrived!"

As the group of nords are walking towards them she leans over to her chamber maid and asks about the crown-less part in his title. "Don't you know milady? He does not have a crown, he killed the previous Arl and destroyed his crown.". Great, keeps getting better she thought. Not only are she being married to a savage but one not of noble birth. What are you doing father she wondered.

She studied the group of brutes in-front of her, which one of it could it be. They all looked the same to her. They were old, they had braided facial hair and dressed in pelts. It must be the man leading the pack, but he seemed even older than father. Her father stood up.

- "Welcome Alföðr! I hope you had a pleasant voyage" He had his arms open towards the nords. The old man raised his hands and thanked him "You have a beautiful realm count"

The nord's voice was dark and he spoke with experience. He had scars in his face and looked like a warrior who had never smiled. He was exactly what she had expected him, a common brute. She wanted someone civilized, someone with real power in the capital. Not some filth from the distant north where she can do nothing but sit and be pretty in-front of a fireplace. Too bad he seems strong and healthy, probably won't die off anytime soon. Her thoughts started to drift away from their conversation, she didn't care for it. She was thinking about what a horrible place The Pale must be to breed men like these. The chamber maid poked her and she noticed the Arl was starring at her.

- "Young maiden, these are for you" he had sent forth a thrall with a bouquet of colourful flowers she had never seen before "These are stone flowers which grows all over Bronsholm"

In the bouquet there were also several small crafts of bronze, Common metal in a bouquet for the woman he was about to wed? These people don't know anything about proper etiquette. The very thought of them sharing bed made her both angry and sick. Even so she accepted the flowers and made a curtsy in the old mans direction.

A reluctant start on the bloodbond.

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
"The Pale will vote no for a ban on the possession of Slaves. We know you regard our thralls as slaves, and thus for their sake I can not go with this proposal. I would like to counter propose that we abolish the trading of slaves. This should protect those who needs it by removing the purpose of the whole slave system the other lords practicies"

The Pale rejects the slave ban
The Pale proposes to ban slave trade instead

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
The golden eyes of the ArchMage flickered as they fell upon the Arl of the Pale.

"The blood of the Ice Kings flows in my veins, my Lord. My Lady Mother was of the frozen plains of the Shield and never would I call the honour-bound thralls a slave. But a man or woman taken from their home and laid in bonds against their will, or born into collar will be deemed as a slave and my blade will cut their chains!"

The Arl strokes his braided beard and was in deep thought. Then answers:
- "The law in The Pale is very simple, instead of killing a man you can take him as a thrall and have him pay his debt to his new master to get his life back. This case would not be a honor bound thrall but an act of mercy on a fallen opponent. It is not common but some of these do later swear fealty to their old masters." The ArchMage seems to want to shout at the Arl but he holds up his hand to stop him and continues "But I am very willing to write down in the scriptures of law that no ever shall a man, woman or child be deemed property and they do indeed have the same right as foreigners in our land. Since they are not property you can as well not trade them

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
The Crownless Arl sat down in his chair as usual, but ended his silence and spoke up with his old dark voice with authority worthy of a king:
- "I will not ride out to war for something that does not affect The Pale" he looks over to Eylinn "But I know several housecarls and shieldmaidens who grew new friends in their visit, I am sure they would like to visit the forest again to protect them"

The Pale is willing to lend out 2000 Troops to defend Galadriel's borders

Last edited:

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
(( Just checking so you remember my private quest BlackBishop? I want to write an IC on it ))

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Journey of the Dead
Part 1

The Arl had returned to his abode, troubled. Having a new wife not fit for the cold winter did not help his worries. The troubles on his mind was foremost the aggressiveness of his neighbors, controlled by pure greed and simple-mindedness, not fitting for a true man of the north. It almost made him sick thinking about it.

Deep in thought at his throne with his wife beside him taken care of her old chamber maiden from Three Rivers. He suddenly called for his Steward who were tending to some of the maters of the city.

- "Ulfr! Come!" The Steward looked up and walked over "Yes Arl?"
- "We got enemies to the south, the west and savages to the east..." Anastasia were starring at Ulfr, she felt something was off "So we shall seek to the north!"
- "What do you mean sire? There is only ocean and ice to the north" The Steward questioned "We shall set sail and seek after new riches. We have to do something other than sit behind our walls"

The Crownless stood up and left to his chambers leaving with the words "Amass a thousand troops and a twenty longboats by tomorrow and prepare my annual pilgrimage."

As he left, Anastasia felt like a burden lifted from her shoulders, the huge warrior scared her. Then from nowhere, and it startled her, a imperial spoke to her.

- "He's a good liege milady" she looked at the Steward and was surprised "But.. your name is Ulfr..."
- "Yes, their culture is a very difficult one, so I changed my name." his posture and behavior changed, he was a whole new man. "Your subjects will respect you more if you try to not see them as savages."
- "Not savages? Are you out of your mind? The only thing they know is to pillage and rape!" She was almost angry at him for trying to make them equal to Imperials. But he remained calm, almost as if he had expected it. "That is the reputation they have gotten..."

He was looking at the door the Arl had left trough, almost as if he was looking at what was behind it.

- "He is the true King of the North." she was stunned by the stewards claim "He would refuse it, he would never wear the crown, that is why he deserves it more than the others"
- "He is not like the others, The Pale Ones are not like the others." He was looking into her eyes, she felt uncomfortable by the belief burning in his eyes and the words he uttered sickened her and she wanted to scream that he was a traitor "I was not born a Nord, but I was born a Pale One. We do not care of what you are, but simply that you are a brethren."

She had herd that word a lot ever since coming to The Pale. Brethren, what do they mean by it? She could not comprehend it, did it mean brother? But she had heard them use it to refer to the women in the city as well.

- "Just at least try." his tone had changed to a more nurturing one "That goes far in The Pale Ones eyes, they are different, they are aware. Start by accompanying your new husband on his sacred pilgrimage."
- "And that is what?" she said, still hadn't changed her view of them but Ulfr was patient with her and responded as kind as before "It's a trip to his final resting place. Every Pale One does that before winter comes. Even I will travel to mine."
- "You... you worship your death?" she got a disgusted look on her face "And you say you are not savages?"

The Steward ended the conversation with that she should just follow with and see for herself.

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Journey of the Dead
Part 2

The company of Alföðr Frostsverð were travelling all by horse towards the royal burial cave. The Arl himself, his two children, his new wife and three thralls. "You can call them whatever you want, but they are still slaves" Anastasia though to herself. The ground was already frozen. Frost were shimmering on the rock flowers, the ground were covered in all sorts of colors, deep purple, red and blue. As their mounts took a step you could hear the frozen flowers beneath crumble. For being so cold and harsh the land could still amaze this imperial girl with it's beauty. Her thrall was riding next to her and noticed her amazement of the lands

- "Wait till we reach Dödr." she looked up on him with a question in her expression "It's the name of the royal burial mound, the cave is the most beautiful thing in all of Agorheim."
- "There is always only one man who knows the way." he pointed at the thrall leading the Arl "That is how has always been, not even the old kings knew where they would sleep."
- "How does he know?" the thrall shrugged with his shoulders "No one knows. It's one of the myths of the cave."
- "Myths?" She asked, she started to become curious "Yes, there are many, the most common one is that Unnamed God, the greatest of them, stalks the cave."
- "You mean The Creator?" he shook his head and his answer made a lump in her throat form "No, the God of Death"

The others were in silence but weren't bothered by the thrall explaining everything to Anastasia. This was called a train of mourning. They mourn their future deaths and their ancestors deaths. They do not worship death because they want to experience it, they worship him so that he shall take care of them. He also explained as how this has formed their beliefs on various other things. Like they don't believe much in titles and formalities because before The Unnamed One, they are all equal. As such they don't deem a noble to be more worth than a simple thrall.

- "Anarchy" she mumbled. She did not like the fact that she would be viewed as a commoner, yet again the same value as a slave. Such barbaric ways, to disregard the noble birth of someone like that.
- "How does one pray to this... God?" she asked
- "Oh you don't, he does not have a name, thus you can not pray to him" the thrall answered, she was confused "But I have seen others pray in the temples?"
- "We have many gods with names, I believe your people call them heroes? And what you call The Creator we call Faðir" She was surprised to hear that they did worship the same things but in a different way.

Then the thrall's expression grew gray and cold, his eyes widened and he put his finger up to his lips to make sure she understood it was important she was quiet. She looked forward and there in the distance she could see the entrance to the cave. The whole place looked horrible, everything was dead and stones everywhere. The place was not beautiful at all, these barbarians view in that remark was obviously twisted. They lit some torches and continued deeper into the cave. But they would not need them for long. Eventually they entered a grove inside the cave. Light were leaking in from holes in the ceiling, highlighting each and one of them their own beauty with the rays of light. A pouring river made a relaxing sound as they walked in silence.

attachment.php

Eventually her husband took a seat on a stone by the river, she sat down next to him. He raised his head and let the light shine upon his face and he smiled. For a moment, she lost all her prejudice, for that brief second she understood The Pale Ones. Then she shook her head and it was all gone again.

- "What do you think of Dödr?" a dark voice next to her asked kindly "How do you feel about this being your final resting place?

She didn't really know the etiquette of this ritual so she stayed quiet and didn't answer him. But she was mesmerized by the beauty. She even toyed with the idea of visiting this shrine in the future by herself even after Alföðr was dead. He smiled, as he could see it in her eyes how she actually enjoyed being here. For once she wasn't filled with hate towards him.

- "It's fine, it's only the entering of the shrine you have to be respectful towards the dead, now you are welcome and can talk. Explore it if you want." he pointed towards his children and she saw them playing around in the grass. She stood up and started walking around, she even took off her shoes and felt the soft grass between her toes. She was really enjoying this. As calm and peaceful it was here, she couldn't shake the feeling of that someone was watching them, that people were talking to each others. She couldn't hear or see anyone, but it was gnawing in the back of her mind.

Alföðr was worried that she would not be accepted not being a Pale One. He kept a close eye on her so she would not anger the spirits. She pointed in deeper into the cave.

- "What's down there?" she asked.
- "It's the passage to Eftirheim, at least so we are told." she looked a bit confused at him "You mean no one has ever entered it?"
- "No we don't, only the dead and The Unnamed One may walk that path." his answer only made her more curious.

Alföðr went back to bathing in the light while Anastasia lied down next to the children in the grass. He thought he heard someone whisper in his ears. No one was near him. But yet, he kept hearing something. This was more than that feeling that people were talking and starring at them. It really sounded like whispers. They drew his eyes to the passage to Eftirheim and he saw it again. In the opening stood the figure he saw a couple of weeks ago when he was heading to Three River. The air got cold, his breath could be seen in the air and his hands frozen. He looked on his hands, they were shimmering as if covered in frost. It didn't hurt, it wasn't uncomfortable. He couldn't distinguish any features from the figure but he knew it was smiling, not in a sinister way, but the way a father smiles when he is proud of his son. He was almost in a state of tranquility.

Then it ended in a scream. He snapped out of it, the figure was gone and he started looking for the source of the scream. Where's Anastasia? He could see the three thralls and his children but couldn't find his wife. He rose up running and looked for her and yelled after her. He could hear a faint crying from one of the chasms. He hurried and found her grabbing on to a ledge down in the chasm. He could just about reach her.

- "GRAB!" he yelled. She jumped on to his hand, her weight pressed his arm against the sharp edges of the chasm and it cut deep into his flesh. He took grab of her with her free hand and pulled her up. She was still in panic and hugged Alföðr for his protection. As he stroked her head and hold her tight he said in a low voice reassuring:

- "Shh, I won't let anything hurt you, ever. Your safe now." she was crying into his pelt.

They returned home to Blekborg to be greeted by the Steward.

- "Ah I hope your trip has been a pleasant one!" he was happy, probably from his own pilgrimage. "And your men are back from their exploration in the sea. We found land."
- "We did? Marvelous! Take me to the men! I want to know everything about it!" he yelled out but Anastasia started pulling on his arm. He looked over to her "No first take care of your wound before it gets infected."

She dragged him away, he was a bit reluctant but he knew she was right. The Steward smiled, she might still not like The Pale, but at least she is tolerating it now...

eldergleam_sanctuary_by_rosendaemonin-d5w4nzr.jpg

Last edited:

Groogy

EU4 Game Designer
53 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • IPO Investor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
The Not So Crownless Jarl comes to his home to find new taken thralls of conquest rebelling against their house masters. His steward who would be ruling in his place was stumped, just barely being able to put off any violence and did not know what else to do. His lord ends it all with one sentence.

- "The law is clear, they were given life by their masters and owe a depth, now they refuse to pay their dept, thus their masters may collect however they wish."

He then returned in to his throne room and sat down there. His wife shortly joined him

- "Anything interesting happened dear?" she asked, looking at his crown. But he screamed in response and threw away the crown and charged to his chambers "I WAS GIVEN RIGHTS THAT IS NOT MINE TO HAVE!"

Anastasia picked up the bronze crown and put it on his seat, he will come to terms of it eventually.

The Pale exercises it's law and puts down the thrall revolt by force using all of it's available troops
The Pale starts it's colonization program of the four new islands discovered to the north.