Federation rework - Questions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could we please get an auto migrate option? Having to manually move unemployed pops to planets that need workers for every single planet is tedious to say the least.

Could we please get an auto migrate option? Having to manually move unemployed pops to planets that need workers for every single planet is tedious to say the least.
Here's the thing, though. You don't have to. There is literally not a single point in the game where you have to do this. You're just making yourself miserable.

In the Galactic Community, for Denouncements, is that say based only after say a detection function occurs I guess like a pop up window, or is it like in the Resolutions list but greyed out until say a year after a Resolution passes to prevent Denouncements anytime?

A sort of picture question so not important, but it looks like the Galactic Community is two chambers. The Senate Floor looks quite different from the Galactic Community picture, and since there's no flags, etc, in the Community picture, is that because the view is say backwards showing the public galleries? As it were, what's the layout? Is there no presiding officer's chair? If it's totally circular a room, well, what's the other side of it look like?

Not sure but I think it looks like the voting is the plenary session but unlike normal legislatures there is no debating in plenary session, with the main room a total public gallery with a member-state rep. by themselves talking in the middle of the room per Resoulution…..is that correct?

Hegemony feels awfully similar to the various Subject Empire types we currently have (vassal, tributary, protectorate,etc). Why are you keeping all those different subject empire types instead of trying to integrate them into the new Hegemony Union?

1. Will there be events tied to Federation mechanics? Cohesion seems like a good candidate here. I could see events that lower or increase cohesion as one of the effects. This also might be a good place to see the return of the fleet maneuvers event. It's been so long since I have seen this one that I might be mis-remembering the name, but it is the one where you must send a significant fleet to a particular location on your border and it can have some political fallout with a neighbor.
2. Have you considered alternate criteria for suggesting federation types? Right now, a Research Cooperative can only be suggested by a Materialist. An alternate criteria could be to have three active research agreements. Martial Alliance requires Militarist. An alternate criteria could be to have three rivals for 10 years. Trade League could be having three commercial pacts. All of these focus on building your diplomacy towards your federation type goal.
3. I also want to put my vote towards something mentioned by a few others - creating more immersive names for federation levels.

I have a lot of questions but I will stick to a few short ones.
  1. Will there be any changes to how federations influence factions?
  2. Since some of the civics will be changed can factions also be included in the changes? For example can the slave and mining guild civic or the admirality add an extra faction to empires that have them? Or change the most fitting faction to the picked civic? That way your policy could be influenced by those picks instead of just the percantage or number bonus.
  3. And finally a short question on piracy because it has been bugging me since the concept was introduced. Will piracy and crime ratings on your planets be linked in some way?

I'll second the idea of alternative criteria for Federation types, and add "Having at least three subject empires" as a possible alternate criteria Hegemony.

I'd also like some way of integrating old treaties into federations, for example the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance hasn't ended just because England joined NATO (To my knowledge) and I feel like there should be some leeway for unilateral action

1) I think it was mentioned before (maybe pdxcon) that hegemonies can force members in through wargoals, yet I didn’t see this in the dev diary, is it true and will it be implemented?

2) If #1 is true, can you form the hegemony through a wargoal? Or do you always need a “willing” participant, even for hegemonies?

3) Are subjects forced to join some federation types (or all?) if you ask them to?

Will the different federations have unique leader requirements? It would be kind of a shame if the Tech federation wasn't based on who's the most technologically advanced.

Can you pass federation laws regulating member policies? For instance, decree that all primary species must have full citizenship throughout all federation empires? Or just outlaw slavery altogether? Because I hate seeing my own species enslaved by allies I have a migration treaty with.

Can we get an Academic Debate succession type for Research Cooperatives?

* Sorry if this has already been asked, but will it be possible to convert a bunch of vassals into a federation (without releasing them and having to get them to join manually)?

* Will it be possible to convert the other way either? (Hegemony specifically I'm thinking of); federation + centralisation reform -> vassals thing.

* How easy will it be to mod federation-related origins?
For example: I'd like to have an alt-earth origin where you play as a human colony which is in a federation under earth along with 2-3 other empires, with the specific additional mechanics that earth is always federation leader but can't gain new colonies or space - representing a thing where the planet doesn't unify before space travel so you end up with several countries having their own stellar empires with Earth as their nominal capital but their first colonies being their de-facto real capitals.
Presumably the origin part will be easy enough since there are already "you start in a federation" origins, but how easy would it be to mod conditions like federation leaders not being able to expand?