• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Holy cow.

We can't thank you enough for all the work you've put in to keep this game fresh and viable for a loooong time to come.

Can't even believe all the FP's.

I agree with @Eximar, this Mod is positioned to being a wealth of new FLASHPOINTS into the mix. Great job and thank you for all you do on behalf of the BATTLETECH Community! :bow:

Version 5.0 released at Nexusmods.

Includes new flashpoint: God Mecha, plus several improvements/fixes.

20200414032358_1.jpg

Enjoy! :)

I'm really looking forward to this @Hobbes__

Nothing in the notes or change log, so I assume it's okay to drop in the update, delete the cache, and continue a career in progress?

Nothing mentioned on either at Nexus, but since this just updated and so did Galaxy at War, are they compatible now or is that still a work in progress?

Thanks again for the continuous work to make this fantastic mod.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to this @Hobbes__

Nothing in the notes or change log, so I assume it's okay to drop in the update, delete the cache, and continue a career in progress?

Exactly, always delete the cache whenever there's an update. You can continue your career, although there was just a bug report that the number of remaining days increased by 1200. If you experience this I'd be interested in knowing.

Nothing mentioned on either at Nexus, but since this just updated and so did Galaxy at War, are they compatible now or is that still a work in progress?

Thanks again for the continuous work to make this fantastic mod.

I've decided that Hyades Rim will remain independent from Galaxy at War, so any integration work will all be done by GaW's. Both mods have different objectives and the GaW mechanics are of no use to HR at this point.

Don Zappo is still interested in integrating both through a patch, but that's his responsibility. At this point, Hyades Rim has a neutral policy towards third party mods - it will not endorse any.

Very good, thanks!

I'll let you know on the 1200 days.

Didn't have time to do anything but see if it would load, but days remaining in the career was the same fwiw.

Though I see you have updated it again today.

Didn't have time to do anything but see if it would load, but days remaining in the career was the same fwiw.

Though I see you have updated it again today.

OK, thanks for checking. That new update doesn't actually contain anything new, it was just to proper display the version number on the Nexusmods page.

@Hobbes__

Greetings,

The Periphery is indeed a harsh mistress indeed! haha

Hey, I just wanted say that I love the mod, thank you for all the work you put into it. I just started a new career with it, (also using my Elite Forces mod also a few others) and its been really interesting. ...well and also a bit grueling and painful at times! The periphery has a lot more character and feels more alive, I'm having a lot of fun on this playthrough. I'm going to recommend The Hyades Rim in particular (as well as a couple of other mods) as a great match for use with Elite Forces on my Nexus page.

Thank again and take care!

@Hobbes__

I've got a quandry here. I decided to delete my current career and start a new one in 5.0.

All I did was delete the old HyadesRim folder in the mod folder and replace it with the new. I got the spin of death after selecting career difficulty options.

Cache had been deleted. I thought maybe my download was corrupt, so I dled 5.0 again. Still spins.

I thought maybe there's now a conflict with one of my other mods, so I took everything out but ModTek, HyadesRim, and BattletechPerformanceFix.

Still spins.

I removed HyadesRim and with or without my other mods, I can start a career, so it's not my installation.

I've attached the ModTek.log but I don't see any fails or conflicts, so I am at a complete loss as to why this won't run.

Been modding since Beta and never had a situation I couldn't figure out before.

If anyone has advice, I'll be most grateful.

Attachments

• ModTek.log
    698,2 KB · Views: 3
@Hobbes__

I've got a quandry here. I decided to delete my current career and start a new one in 5.0.

All I did was delete the old HyadesRim folder in the mod folder and replace it with the new. I got the spin of death after selecting career difficulty options.

This happens when the game can´t access the star systems or Mechs used when generating a new campaign. Which shouldn't be happening, I just some days ago a career with 5.0.

ModTek log doesn't help in this case. Could I please see the output_log located at C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH?

I've attached it and I very much appreciate your time to take a look at this @Hobbes__ .

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    191,8 KB · Views: 9
I've attached it and I very much appreciate your time to take a look at this @Hobbes__ .

Thanks for the log file. However, the file doesn't show Hyades Rim listed as one of the mods used during that game session. And there are several mods listed that aren't compatible with the Hyades Rim, like JK_Variants or the RarityTables.

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\BattletechPerformanceFix\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\Colo-Haree_Mongoose\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\Colo-NightGyr\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\Flashpoint - The Cache\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\Give_me_Death\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\Give_them_Kell\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HBS\ModSample\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HMACRebalance\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HotD-Charger\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HotD-Crusader\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HotD-Ostroc\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HotD-Ostsol\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HotD-Ostwar\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HotD-Stinger\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HotD-Valkyrie\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\HotD-Wasp\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\IS-Colo-Dervish\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\IS-Colo-Mauler\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\IS-Colo-Wolfhound\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\JK_BTMods\JK_VariantsCampaign\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\JK_BTMods\JK_VariantsDLC\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\JK_BTMods\JK_VariantsStarLeague\mod.json

ModLoader [LOG] ModPath : C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\BattleTech\mods\JK_BTMods\Z_Sab_JK_RarityTables\mod.json

Hmm, that was the one in there today, but it's obviously quite old.
Does that log output somewhere else now?

@Hobbes__ I had played BT campaign and flashpoints, both vanilla and moded. Still playing MW5, but I am thinking about starting a new campaign. I am adding the mod to the game, so, which way you recommend or which is the most effective way and least hazle to install the mod? In your opinion, which game mode you recommend? Campaign or Career mode?

Ps. I have all DLCs.

@Hobbes__ please disregard my previous post, downloaded the mod and installed almost all the compatible mods recommended. I use modtek link from your post and everything is working. My signing screen shows the red letters for the Haydes rim.... just finished reading the complete threat wow. The one question I do have is about which starting path you recommend campaign or career? Are the dlcs still not compatible with the campaign mode, correct?

Hmm, that was the one in there today, but it's obviously quite old.
Does that log output somewhere else now?

Nope, I only learned about that log once 1.8 came out.

@Hobbes__ please disregard my previous post, downloaded the mod and installed almost all the compatible mods recommended. I use modtek link from your post and everything is working. My signing screen shows the red letters for the Haydes rim.... just finished reading the complete threat wow. The one question I do have is about which starting path you recommend campaign or career? Are the dlcs still not compatible with the campaign mode, correct?

If you want to fully dive into the Hyades Rim, go for Career. Most of the DLC content only appears once you complete the career.

@Hobbes__

Greetings,

The Periphery is indeed a harsh mistress indeed! haha

Hey, I just wanted say that I love the mod, thank you for all the work you put into it. I just started a new career with it, (also using my Elite Forces mod also a few others) and its been really interesting. ...well and also a bit grueling and painful at times! The periphery has a lot more character and feels more alive, I'm having a lot of fun on this playthrough. I'm going to recommend The Hyades Rim in particular (as well as a couple of other mods) as a great match for use with Elite Forces on my Nexus page.

Thank again and take care!

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying it!

I don't know what to tell you then.

I won't be back at that computer until Monday, but I will look for any other logs.

@Hobbes__ , I tried 5.1 and it still spins.

The output log is the same old one from way back.

No idea what to do about this. :mad: