• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hobbes__

Major
4 Badges
Sep 11, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
BattleTech 3025 Hyades Rim - available at Nexusmods.

BattleTech 1.9.X compatible - requires all DLCs. Work in progress.

Slavish adherence to a formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about. - Natasha Kerensky, Blood Legacy.

It is 3024 and Lady Kamea Arano has been exiled after being rescued by the survivors of Markham's Marauders during House Espinosa's coup. Her remaining forces have joined with the company in search for mercenary work in the Deep Periphery. But as the 4th Succession War approaches, powerful forces are now threatening to destroy the entire Aurigan Reach unless Kamea can save her realm and reclaim her throne.

Hyper Pulse Generator (feedback) - https://discord.gg/zgeQrnV (Discord channel - send message if HPG expires)

HYR All FPs 26.jpg

20220604010520_1.jpg

473-1600659091-229241005.jpeg
473-1600641454-735535240.jpeg

Features
* A new BattleTech story and Campaign mode, consisting of 35 planned new flashpoints, based on the unofficial history of the Arano Restoration where Kamea Arano wasn't presumed killed as the ComStar cover-up claims (a.k.a. original campaign). Instead, she was exiled and the company entered the service of canon BattleTech figures such as Interstellar Expeditions and Chandrasekhar Kurita and the real events of the Aurigan campaign were suppressed.
* Twenty-eight original flashpoints released, campaign mode only: You On The Run, Exodus, Evil Eye, The Periphery Is A Harsh Mistress, The Mad Cat Who Walks Through Walls, Here Might Be Dragons, Jinxed, It Came From The Rim, Death's Mask, God Mecha, Amaris Legacy, Tales of 1001 BattleMechs, The Man Comes Around, Danse Macabre, Putting Out A Fire, A Country Too Far, Paradise City, Kiss Them For Me, Bandit Kingdoms and Petty Tyrants, The Magistrate, Heads Will Roll, Backdoor Man, Dark Forest, Horse Latitudes, Dark Horse, Comanche Moon, Question Of Faith and Speak Of The Devil.
* Seven more campaign flashpoints are being written for parts 2 and 3 of the new campaign: Flesh For Fantasy, Dreams of Nagayan Valley, Arano Restoration, The Eyes Of Truth, Unnatural Selection, Barbarians At The Gates and Redoubt.
* New story includes a total of 114 new contracts, 129 new crew conversations and 295 lore descriptions, and is divided into three parts, each with its own subarcs.
* The vanilla FPs are included in the new Campaign as independent mini-campaigns, except for the Black Widow mini-campaign but still appears on Career mode.
* 473 new playable star systems, adding all of the Taurian, Canopian and Marian worlds plus several Deep Periphery systems, with the star map extended in all directions to also include more Davion, Liao and Marik systems, as well as other Periphery realms. All of the new systems' descriptions have been written to reflect the 3025 BattleTech era.
* 87 new events that include crew deaths, a parrot, JumpShip issues, and assorted oddities, all part of living during a difficult period and region of space, with wars flaring up all the national sentiments.
* 55+ original factions, canon and new, with their own leaders, allies/enemies, contracts and 'Mech/vehicle variants. Ally/fight pirate gangs, corporations, regional powers and bandit kingdoms in both campaign and system contracts.
* 66 new cast characters, several with new artwork.
* 600+ new contracts and variants added, including pirate, IE and Periphery flavored.
* 700+ new BattleMech variants added to fight as Opfor, can appear equipped with Infernos, ECM, plus other LosTech surprises.
* Optional - Community Asset Bundle integration, currently adding the Charger, Clint, Crusader, Dervish, Falcon, Firebee, Firefly, Marauder II, Mongoose, Ostroc, Ostsol, Ostwar, Stinger, Talos, Thug, Toro, Valkyrie, Wasp and Wolfhound 'Mech models.
* All the 'Mech quirks of the Heavy Metal DLC can now appear on any 'Mech model (only certain factions will use them).
* 23 new vehicle variants, called 'technicals', only used by pirate factions.
* 77 canon variants of the vanilla 'Mechs, nearly all of the 3025 era and SLDF variants.
* 24 new turrets, several equipped with artillery pieces.
* 33 new BattleMech upgrades, all based on the 'Mech quirks of the Heavy Metal DLC.
* Pilot backgrounds now also include Kurita Noble, Steiner Noble, Marian, Circinus, Lothian, Illyrian and Deep Periphery.
* Career mode has nearly everything from above available, except for the story missions/flashpoints.

Balance and Story Changes
* For most of the campaign you'll use the Hysteria (Leopard), and only get the Argo at the end of part 2, with the Question Of Faith campaign flashpoint.
* All of the original campaign contracts have been modified and the text rewritten according to the new story.
* Several of the new campaign flashpoints have consecutive deployments. This is done to increase the challenge of having to run multiple operations with limited assets, and for story telling proposes, since the story of the flashpoint involves fast operations. Certain flashpoint choices can reduce the number of consecutive deployments or allow you to use third-party 'Mechs.
* The original flashpoints of the five Inner Sphere factions are optional to play during the campaign, and will immediately precede the 4th Succession War. They're also played sequentially, starting from the lowest difficulty.
* On campaign, JumpShip access to the Inner Sphere is limited, and depends on you unlocking letters of marque from the Successor Lords (which also unlock their faction FPs).
* More terrain variety - in the original game each contract (like One Man's Art) can only appear at a certain system difficulty and certain campaign milestones. Those limitations have been removed, allowing for a greater terrain variety during contracts.
* The special equipment of the Marauder has been nerfed, with the Called Shot ability reduced from a 33% maximum to 25%, and the 10% damage reduction only applying to the Marauder, not the whole lance.
* Stores/Black Markets have been changed to restore the appearance of LosTech to before the HM DLC was released.
* Opfor pilots levels can vary, being possible to encounter pilots with a different skill levels than the contract's difficulty; there's also a chance some of them will be immune to headshots (to balance the Called Shot ability).

Disclaimer
* The objective of this mod is not a total overhaul of the base game, but the opposite: to keep it as unchanged as possible while expanding it with new and original material.
* This is Work In Progress - expect bugs (and please report them on the Hyades Rim Discord - link above).
* The story is fictional and contains vulgar language, including insults, slurs, sexual innuendo/references and several questionable morals or actions displayed by its characters, as well as bad non-native English. If you're offended by any of these, do not play this mod.

Requirements
* ModTek 0.8.0.0 (link available at Nexusmods mod description)
* Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal DLCs

Installation
* Unzip the folder to the /Mods folder created as part of ModTek's installation guidelines.

Recommended Mods (links available at Nexusmods mod description)
* Community Asset Bundle (CAB) by several
* Navigation Computer by mpstark, makes travel easier
* BattleTechPerformanceFix by m22spencer,
* ColorfulFlashPoints, by JWolf612

Known Issues
* When playing FPs on the Leopard, there's a visual glitch after any conversations with the DropShip's bridge and other areas. This can be solved by saving and reloading the game.
* On the Amaris Legacy FP, one of the events displays a yellow 'ERROR' message in the middle of the text.
* A saved star map won't update when new mod versions are released that change it, so system tags and black market markers might become inaccurate with future mod updates.
* Occasionally the campaign might freeze if you've just completed a story mission (non-FP) right before getting the end of the month report. This is because of incompatibilities between the flashpoint and campaign game systems.

Warning: Use any other mods at your own risk - I only use these three mods together with the Hyades Rim and I do not provide support for third party mod integration! Check the other-mods channel of the Discord server for more information on compatibility with other mods.

Future Plans
* Finish the new Campaign with new contracts, missions and flashpoints - release date Winter 2021.

Credits
* Story and lead developer: Hobbes;
* Additional character artwork: DarkKhaos;
* Additional writing: Camicon_Dachass (Liao systems);
* Text editing: ComStar Grammar Police (DarkKhaos, MarkDey and Tetro75), Ministry Of Bob (Hantta, SanchoPanzer and unclecid) and commiehunter;
* Playtesters: TL_Warlord_Roff, stormfather, Lobo das Estepes, Hantta, MarkDey and SanchoPanzer, dogwart and commiehunter;
* Bug reporting: taintedloki, 1apetus, mystictiger, nowater, samian, Midicow, Thalion, phearless047, Oldtimer, Silber, l33tn3ss, Thalion, veryinky, LordTyrranus, kasdikana, Frenzier, RedKitsune, UlfrStrongarm, Khairus, GeniusSaj, Ichthyos, don_zappo, SaintBomber, DEADWEIGHT, stormfather, f.abel, Cla, Camicon_Dachass, Sancho Panzer, Azymorath, CatLady, MarkDey, unclecid, A. vak, Stahlseele, ALE999, CryptoDan, Wpmz, CertainNanomachineSenator, Ballonmann, FrozenPear;

Contributors
* BattleTech videogame: Harebrained Studios (HBS);
* ModTek, by several authors, https://github.com/BattletechModders/ModTek
* Logo Replacement, mod by Mpstark, https://github.com/BattletechModders/LogoReplacement
* ConverseTek, conversation editor by CWolf, https://github.com/CWolfs/ConverseTek
* Inner Sphere Map for the coordinates of most canon systems;
* MegaMek for the coordinates of several connecting systems;
* Banner images taken from the sourcebook The Periphery, 2nd Edition;
* Corporation logos taken and adapted from Sarna.net;
* Sarna.net for being an amazing resource for all things BattleTech related;
* Mordel.net for the stats used in the canon 'Mech variants;
* All the people behind the previous mods and those that provided help/feedback on Discord and the forums: LadyAlekto, Morphyum, Justin Kase, Granner, starscream, Dialcaliper, Necromis, bloodydoves, Owca, Oldtimer and the whole BattleTech modding community.

This mod is released under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license, see the included LICENSE file for additional details.

Attachments

• 20201003214449_1.jpg
    20201003214449_1.jpg
    354,8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
20191125015034_1.jpg
20191128232604_1.jpg
20191129001521_1.jpg
20191203182931_1.jpg
20191203185250_1.jpg

Last edited:
looks interesting will give it a go for my next playthru.
and i take it that it is lights and mediums only right now?
and that is it the vanilla map with expanded periphery yes?

looks interesting will give it a go for my next playthru.
and i take it that it is lights and mediums only right now?

Only Lights/Mediums on initial release, yes. I have already started working on the Heavies/Assaults but I decided to postpone them to finish the initial release first.

and that is it the vanilla map with expanded periphery yes?

Yes. This is roughly the new area that has been added to the vanilla map.

(Taurian Concordat in 3040)
TC-3040.png

5 missions later.... Doing the Arano Campaign.. added a couple sub mods and am pleased to report that my Blackjack is currently piloted by "The Edmond" . Much more interesting mix of mechs and vehicles so far. I suppose I should actually start the Arano campaign.

Question.. so how about a change up to the mod when in career mode where you do NOT get the Argo. Yep might take a little bit of work to give the Leopard some upgrades (and it being an armed drop ship should eliminate most of the pirate encounters.. just a note) It'll make for a much more challenging game limited to 6 mechs and I would assume modded to allow 8 pilots plus the CO.

Question.. so how about a change up to the mod when in career mode where you do NOT get the Argo. Yep might take a little bit of work to give the Leopard some upgrades (and it being an armed drop ship should eliminate most of the pirate encounters.. just a note) It'll make for a much more challenging game limited to 6 mechs and I would assume modded to allow 8 pilots plus the CO.

There's a lot of interesting challenges that could be added. I've experimented with a few while designing the mod:
* Increasing your starting pilots and 'Mechs to a full company (with the required Argo upgrades)
* Starting only with pirate 'Mech versions
* Starting location is always Lastpost (at the bottom right of the map)

At the end, choosing any such option would be fun and challenging but also limit the player's choices, which is not really intended. So they really need to be made optional rather than permanent.

All right spent all day on this yesterday and really enjoyed myself though I am seeing a whole lot of Cicada BI's ( a rather nasty variant of the Cicada.. not often you run into a mech that can shut you down with one shot. I'm collecting SRM4 Inferno's.. something down the road is going to be on the receiving end. The only mech with nuff missile hardpoints to pull it os however is the MAD-4HD with 5 missiles point in each torso. I'll have tp play with it in the lab to see what I can come up with that qualifies as evil nasty and rude. Not part of your mod but Bloody Doves mech work just fine. I've added Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman, Archer, Marauder II, and Roughneck.

And my extreme compliments.. you sir have obviously followed the K.I.S.S. principle of game modding.

Note on resized mech for no model mechs.. specifically the Hoplite which I ran into yesterday. Suggest the Raven or Crab model or shrink that King Crab model by another 50%. its way to big. :). I see anymore like that I'll speak up, but i wouldn't be at al surprised if that's the only one. Wouldn't even put it past you to be an "artiste" and have that be your one purposeful mistake so as to not tempt the anger of the gods of coding!

Currently going to put Lady Arano on hold and chase pirates in the outer rim for a bit.. I had flashpoints enables in the campaign anyway so I've got myself a Raven 1X but dem boys got some very very interesting toys and chassis mods which I think I may want a few of for the home team. Specifically things Yang wants to fiddle with... If Yang is happy, I'm happy. Pirates like firepower.. they do love to pack it on in their mechs.. While I don't quite subscribe to suicidal heat loads I can work with those. If its got a large mix and number of energy, missile, and support hard points I'm all good. Some ballistic..not a big fan of ballistic weapons. To heavy for the damage output, require ammo that can go boom and I'm not a fan of redline induced sympathetic damage when the ammo cooks off. It just burns me up when that happens.

You keep adding. SLowly.. Make it clear packs..once you start working up some of the more frankenstein versions of medium heavy and assault mechs it could get real real interesting. I suspect your likely going to do some faction lock flashpoints.. just got a feeling so and this is bad thing ow... yep force me to go and play through again but this time favor the other faction and maybe stab 'em in the back in the middle of the mission they paid me for. I expect a frightening amount of backstabbing, treachery, setup to fails.

Damd Pirates!

Remember boys. take everything. give nothing back!

ANd remember one of the many rules of a great pirate. AFter all you'll be fighting a bunch of them

My enemy's enemy, is my enemy's enemy. Nothing more, and nothing less
Never explain your plan to the good guy, just shoot them and be done with it
They can't escape from your secret base if they're dead
Burn LAST!

All right spent all day on this yesterday and really enjoyed myself though I am seeing a whole lot of Cicada BI's ( a rather nasty variant of the Cicada.. not often you run into a mech that can shut you down with one shot. I'm collecting SRM4 Inferno's.. something down the road is going to be on the receiving end. The only mech with nuff missile hardpoints to pull it os however is the MAD-4HD with 5 missiles point in each torso. I'll have tp play with it in the lab to see what I can come up with that qualifies as evil nasty and rude. Not part of your mod but Bloody Doves mech work just fine. I've added Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman, Archer, Marauder II, and Roughneck.

And my extreme compliments.. you sir have obviously followed the K.I.S.S. principle of game modding.

Thank you, specially for the KISS mention since that was one of my guidelines when creating the mod.

Right now to me the new Cicadas are starting to feel like the Locust swarms of vanilla but more dangerous, because I see a lot of the autocannon version.

With Inferno SRMs keep in mind that 2 x SRM6 can cause up to 96 heat points, so getting more launchers is mostly redundant. Also, vehicles and turrets aren't affected by heat, so Infernos are useless against them.

Note on resized mech for no model mechs.. specifically the Hoplite which I ran into yesterday. Suggest the Raven or Crab model or shrink that King Crab model by another 50%. its way to big. :). I see anymore like that I'll speak up, but i wouldn't be at al surprised if that's the only one. Wouldn't even put it past you to be an "artiste" and have that be your one purposeful mistake so as to not tempt the anger of the gods of coding!

I could actually need a hand with the models because I just learned the basics to get them working for the mod, and the whole model assignment needs an overhaul. So any bugs/ideas would be mostly appreciated.

Currently going to put Lady Arano on hold and chase pirates in the outer rim for a bit.. I had flashpoints enables in the campaign anyway so I've got myself a Raven 1X but dem boys got some very very interesting toys and chassis mods which I think I may want a few of for the home team. Specifically things Yang wants to fiddle with... If Yang is happy, I'm happy. Pirates like firepower.. they do love to pack it on in their mechs.. While I don't quite subscribe to suicidal heat loads I can work with those. If its got a large mix and number of energy, missile, and support hard points I'm all good. Some ballistic..not a big fan of ballistic weapons. To heavy for the damage output, require ammo that can go boom and I'm not a fan of redline induced sympathetic damage when the ammo cooks off. It just burns me up when that happens.

You keep adding. SLowly.. Make it clear packs..once you start working up some of the more frankenstein versions of medium heavy and assault mechs it could get real real interesting. I suspect your likely going to do some faction lock flashpoints.. just got a feeling so and this is bad thing ow... yep force me to go and play through again but this time favor the other faction and maybe stab 'em in the back in the middle of the mission they paid me for. I expect a frightening amount of backstabbing, treachery, setup to fails.

Damd Pirates!

Remember boys. take everything. give nothing back!

ANd remember one of the many rules of a great pirate. AFter all you'll be fighting a bunch of them

My enemy's enemy, is my enemy's enemy. Nothing more, and nothing less
Never explain your plan to the good guy, just shoot them and be done with it
They can't escape from your secret base if they're dead
Burn LAST!

LOL, yeah going full pirate is something players can choose with this mod.

I have a few ideas where I want to add next, FPs and contracts being a priority. Regarding the frankenstein versions of Heavies/Assaults, it's actually interesting but many of those already exist as failed prototypes, etc. So I haven't made my mind if I'll just add the canon or if I'll add also the Periphery versions.

Inferno's might not damage tanks...but they die just fine from being stepped on so fair's fair! Ran into a couple of your pirate dervish's and a nasty fight later got me some of them SRM6 Inferno's to play with. Yang must be writing an opera with as much singing in the bay he's been doing. Says the acoustics are great. Happy Yang.

So, played through a campaign.. had awesome fun.. redid the mod install and added some goodes over the basic. Had some troubleshooting to do before t all played nice.
(screenshot of directory)

So yea, SLDF mod, Weapons Diversity 3025, Custom Amma Cat to get 'em both running, A bunch of the game play mods out of the Extended 3025 mod and specific BD and Colo mechs (which some are getting whittled out such as Colo-RedReaper as the thing has X Pulse..a few others will also get scrapped or the out of era weapon versions will be removed)

we'll see what you do next! :)

Attachments

• Hayades Plus.jpg
    Hayades Plus.jpg
    75,1 KB · Views: 55
So, played through a campaign.. had awesome fun.. redid the mod install and added some goodes over the basic. Had some troubleshooting to do before t all played nice.
(screenshot of directory)

So yea, SLDF mod, Weapons Diversity 3025, Custom Amma Cat to get 'em both running, A bunch of the game play mods out of the Extended 3025 mod and specific BD and Colo mechs (which some are getting whittled out such as Colo-RedReaper as the thing has X Pulse..a few others will also get scrapped or the out of era weapon versions will be removed)

we'll see what you do next! :)

My priority at the moment is fixing the 'Mech tags, and then I should add the canon Unseen Heavies/Assaults, although the pirate/periphery versions will only came later. And I've already removed the remaining advanced weapon versions of the vehicles and fixed a few other bugs.

Then a ton of other things to fix/change, the to do list keeps getting bigger. :)

Thanks for posting the image of the mods you're also using.

Oh, and meanwhile I've reach day 100 of my current career. I got two Hermes II, a Vindicator, Trebuchet, Clint, Wolfhound, Fire Bee and Firefly. The Hermes II is currently my new favorite 'Mech.

I've got 2 Firefly's (I like Firefly's good mix of mobility and potential firepower), a Dervish (commanders ride, 4 SRM6 Inferno's.. locks em down) And the Raven RVN-1X from the flashpoint,
122 days in. Sold of my other chassis and any gear/weapons I don't need right now as I head for the deep periphery. Ran into inferno Commando's and Firefly's for 7 drops in a row. Got 5 mil banked, Argo improvements coming right along.

Fine concept.. instead of heading inward where the history of the Inner Sphere as known is gonna mess with any story flow.. head outward where the story hasn't been written!

Version 1.1 has been uploaded to Nexusmods-

Change Log

* Fixed Fire Bee chassis name
* Removed vehicles with out of era weapons such as Gauss and ER Lasers (to do: review all vehicles to ensure that they exist by 3025)
* Removed MON-68, 69 and 70 out of the Common pool since Dicalliper pointed out correctly that they use EndoSteel/FibroFerrous; eventually they'll be either removed or reassigned to another faction
* Fixed excessive number of Cicadas appearing - fix will be permanent once all the 'Mech tags are reviewed (WIP)
* Typos and editing fixes for several 'Mech and systems descriptions (ongoing process)
* Added Machine Gun Ammo (half) to stores
* Added new 3025 Heavy 'Mechs - Crusader, Merlin, Champion, Ostroc, Ostsol, Ostwar, Marauder, Flashman, Warhammer, Archer, Guillotine, Shootist, Bombardier, Exterminator, Lancelot, Rifleman
* Added more variants to the vanilla Heavy 'Mechs - Quickdraw, Dragon, Thunderbolt, Catapult, Grasshopper and Orion
* Added 8 new star systems from the Aurigan sourcebook - Amnesty, Contrilla, Eliat, Fairuza, Highwater, Nuncavoy, Polybius and Taygete
* Corrected new factions designations

I still haven't made my mind where I want to take the mod once this development stage is complete, but here are a couple of tests I've been conducting:
20190901214226_1.jpg

View attachment 511378
20190906201032_1.jpg

Last edited:
New version uploaded to Nexusmods

Change Log:
* Applied the KISS principle to the added canon 'Mechs and faction variants by reverting to HBS's system of 'Mech tag/lances, which should solve issues with the game not finding 'Mechs to fill slots. This should fix the overabundance of Phoenix Hawks and make those lances less black/white, reflecting 'Mechs salvaged from other factions, but this won't apply to the new subfactions to keep their uniqueness
* Some rare 'Mechs like the Hussar, Fire Bee, Firefly, Gladiator, Chameleon, Ostwar, can now only appear in Local Government/Local Pirates lances, reflecting their canon descriptions that state that in 3025 they can only be found in the Periphery
* Corrected several 'Mech tags for better spawning (WIP)
* Corrected several 'Mech names to comply with the vanilla standard
* Replaced the generic pirate icon placeholder for the pirate subfactions leaders with portraits of the backers
* Added the pirate subfactions as enemies for the vanilla factions - this should increase the combinations of contracts
* Added new factions to lists of possible Allies/Neutral/Hostile on 3 way contracts
* Fixed a number of custom 'Mechs that were missing items or were overweight
* Corrected the Hermes height
* Removed MON-68, 69 and 70 of the possible random starting 'Mechs
* Deactivated the WLF-1B variant of the Wolfhound. Since it merely switches the rear lasers to the front, and since BT doesn't use that feature, this simply results in chassis duplication

Version 1.4 released at Nexusmods

Change Log:
* Added: assigned the relevant faction/lance/role/armor/range/speed tags for all modded Mechs, returning to the 1.1 faction system. This *should* fix the spawning issues, testing required
* Added: pirate factions can now deploy versions of the Phoenix Hawk, Black Knight, Shootist and Charger equipped with their canon original Star League vintage TekCom Battle Computer, giving +1 individual initiative
* Added: Bombardier now fires Inferno LRMs
* Added: changes to all vanilla 'Mechs are now merged into the mod database
* Changed: electronic warfare equipped 'Mechs now have an X added to the variant
* Changed: Shootist now uses the Battlemaster model
* Changed: Liao variant of Clint assigned to proper factions
* Changed: variants equipped with the Battle Computer use the -BC suffix, Wyvern with Command Console changed to UX suffix
* Fixed: Bombardier, Sentinel, Hermes and Hermes II sizes
* Fixed: ruleset issues with pirate 'Mechs and factions (in progress)