• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, i was using the complete nexusmods Hyades Rim mod. I think it was version 5.1 or something and than i tried to update it to 5.5 but couldn't load my carreer savegame anymore

Go to the Hyades Rim mod folder and replace the existing mod.json with the one I'm attaching. I've changed the mod name as it appears on the mod loader, and that's what might be messing your saves.

Attachments

• mod.zip
    1,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Love
Reactions:
If it ends on a letter, it means it was a hot fix. 5.5a, b and c fixes were all non-Mech related
Thank you for the explanation of how that works.

Obligatory nuisance question: 5.6 changelog looks not to have done anything to chassis or mech folders, correct?

Obligatory nuisance question: 5.6 changelog looks not to have done anything to chassis or mech folders, correct?

*Looks down from cockpit and decides not to remove the nuisance with a squishy 'Mech foot*

The only change done was some experimenting with the weapons load of the GRN-P.

Btw, what changes are you making that require to keep track of those two folders?

*Looks up and is glad to still be 3 dimensional*

I have changed the armor, or weapons, or quirks, etc., for quite a few mechs and it is a pain to go back and paste all those files in place when there is a major change. I have also made my own variants as well.

Just got a strange mission on the latest Hyades Rim.... a Battle where the employer and the opfor are both the same, the Magistracy of Canopus..... is this a bug?
moc_vs_moc.jpg

It's the Magistracy version of the Arano split and civil war! ;)

List of all flashpoints, current and planned, has been released!
20200531033638_1.jpg

HyadesRimFlashpoints.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
HBS should have had you on the payroll all along...

4244d86f56e6b8d25c8bd67732165021.gif

Reactions:
Version 5.7 released - this is the change log:
* Added: personalized title cards for all the current and planned Flashpoints;
* Changed: Death's Mask contract where commander volunteers changed to allow any MechWarrior to be used, otherwise strange things happen if commander is injured;
* Fixed: ASN-Q overweight issues;
* Fixed: bug with 3rd conversation of Death's Mask FP;
* Removed: IE contracts that required 'Mechs removed in 5.5, might be re-added in the future;

I've also updated the Flashpoints list image - now each FP has its unique title card.

@Eximar - the only change made to the mech folder was correcting one of the mechDefs

• 1Like
Reactions:
I saw the ASN-Q mention in the changelog. Appreciate very much the detail you include in those.

Reactions:
It is just me or since the last update (5.7) there is a lot more Cicadas showing up? Nearly every enemy lance from the custom factions from Hyades Rim shows up with at least one CDA-2A.... the reinforcement lances get even more, and i face sometimes reinforcement lances with 4 Cidadas... against original factions this does not happens, only when facing the new custom factions from Hyades Rim.....

Edit: as an example, i just entered a 2.5 skull Battle contract with the MoC as an employer deploying a lance against the local government with the ATC as an ally. Bothe the MoC and the local government had normal lances, but he ATC reinforcement lances was 4 CDA-2A.

Last edited:
It is just me or since the last update (5.7) there is a lot more Cicadas showing up? Nearly every enemy lance from the custom factions from Hyades Rim shows up with at least one CDA-2A.... the reinforcement lances get even more, and i face sometimes reinforcement lances with 4 Cidadas... against original factions this does not happens, only when facing the new custom factions from Hyades Rim.....

Edit: as an example, i just entered a 2.5 skull Battle contract with the MoC as an employer deploying a lance against the local government with the ATC as an ally. Bothe the MoC and the local government had normal lances, but he ATC reinforcement lances was 4 CDA-2A.

The Cicada swarms is something that I haven't been able to determine the cause, because they seem to appear after each update and restarting the contract usually fixes the issue.

I already have a few tweaks planned for the next version to address this issue.

Reactions:
Still following Hobbes man. Every day I check because you got STORY! Starting to look at HR and poking with bits to bring it into BR.. "we" are not looking forward to parts of it.... :)

Still following Hobbes man. Every day I check because you got STORY! Starting to look at HR and poking with bits to bring it into BR.. "we" are not looking forward to parts of it.... :)

Thanks. The rest of the new FPs will take a while. I've been recently suffering from another bad eczema flare, and most of the time I can't really no meaningful work on the story. But I'm still going to add more material easier to complete.

all i know is there are soooo many FPs now i dont know where to start...lol

Reactions:
Reactions: