• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Hobbes__ , I tried 5.1 and it still spins.

The output log is the same old one from way back.

No idea what to do about this. :mad:

I've downloaded latest ModTek (I've been using HBS loader for a while) and I just started a new career without issues.

There's something weird going on at your side with the output log.

Try these:
* Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\112039672\637090\remote\C0 and delete the settings_cloud file
* Make a file check to see if you haven't by accident deleted any of the vanilla files

I deleted the settings_cloud and the same old output log is still there after attempting to start a new career.

I'll run a file check tomorrow.

Hard to understand how anything could be missing, when it worked fine before, works fine without HyadesRim now, and all I did was replace the previous one with 5.0 and then 5.1, but you never know.

Very grateful for all the help. Really want to get back to HR and all the new goodness.

Just dropping this here. This upcoming FP will be the 2nd part of the Periphery Is A Harsh Mistress mini-campaign.

20200422020157_1.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
have you tried using windows search for output.log (everywhere you can) with a date modified option set to the day you ran the game?

Last edited:
Yes and I didn't find any others, but after deleting everything and starting from scratch I have it sorted, thanks.

Man, I can't believe it took me this long to find out this mod existed. Everybody else is just adding mechs and weapons, or changing up the gameplay, but so few are doing anything with the event or flashpoint creators, and that's the modding I was most looking forward to.

I'm absolutely looking forward to giving this a spin in my next playthrough.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You're going to love it.

All the new Pirate factions, planets, and especially all the FP he's created.

Now, the latest Galaxy at War is compatible too, so you can have a purpose after all the FP and things are done for as long as you want.

• 1Like
Reactions:
is the Galaxy at war also now compatible with the mod? I am going to download and install it ,,,, that way after I finish my MW5 current campaign, then start a new BT

@i64man
Yes, donZappo just put out a version of Galaxy at War that's compatible with HR.

• 1Like
Reactions:
20200520060222_1.jpg

Version 5.5 updated to Nexusmods.

List of changes:
* Added: The Mad Cat Who Walks Through Walls and Here Might Be Dragons new flashpoints;
* Added: Pay Your Bills, Norwegian Blue, Suspended Service, Gold Pass and Void Whispers new events;
* Added: the four missing Taurian canon systems in the Hyades Cluster, Ina, Menion, Parian and Megaris;
* Added: 66 new Outer Rim systems, only four of them playable, the others are unserviced navigational points;
* Added: 22 new vehicle pirate variants, one for each of the vanilla vehicles;
* Added: several of the vehicle variants are equipped with versions of the special 'Mech equipment introduced with Heavy Metal DLC
* Added: Heavy and Assault -UNK BattleMechs now all carry Improved Myomers, giving them 50% movement;
* Added: added new map_travel_4, map_travel_4a and map_travel_4b tags to all the systems in the Hyades Rim, according to their importance and distance; access to _4 systems is free but _4a system access now requires periodic payments to ATC and _4b are always off limits.
* Changed: vehicle and lance defs now also use the faction system already implemented on 'Mechs;
* Changed: ClusterPirates faction can now use again the -P variants, in addition to their own -Q variants
* Changed: the Opfor in the 3rd and 4th God Mecha contracts now has random -M variants assigned, instead of predetermined models;
* Fixed: bug with mission settings in 2nd contract of Harsh Mistress;
* Fixed: wrong settings in Fylovar, Franmalin and Albaracht systems;
* Fixed: added 'Mechs for missing Taurian/Canopian tags;
* Fixed: wrong millennia reference in God Mecha's conversation;
* Fixed: typo in Harbingers Of Doom faction description
* Removed: old and unused BattleMech variants (-F, -SL, -U), old weapons (Streak + Artemis LRMs and SRMs)

Last edited:
  • 4Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Wow. Jaw droppingly amazing amount of content so soon after 5.1. Too bad HBS couldn't produce at your scale.

Just to clarify, the only changes to mechdef/chassisdef are the removal of -F, -SL, and -U plus the -UNK myomer upgrade?
I make a ton of changes to mechs and I don't want to accidently overwrite anything in the other folders as I'm currently running it.

Just to clarify, the only changes to mechdef/chassisdef are the removal of -F, -SL, and -U plus the -UNK myomer upgrade?
I make a ton of changes to mechs and I don't want to accidently overwrite anything in the other folders as I'm currently running it.

Yes, plus the removal of a few -A models. All of the 'Mechs were unused for a few months now, this is merely a cleanup.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you!

Sorry to keep doing this, but did anything in chassis or mech change in 5.5B?

I'd really like not to have to overwrite those folders whenever there's an update.

Sorry to keep doing this, but did anything in chassis or mech change in 5.5B?

I'd really like not to have to overwrite those folders whenever there's an update.

Change Log 5.5b
* TODO: modified several -Q models (incomplete);
* Added: Heavy and Assault -UNK BattleMechs now all carry Improved Myomers, giving them 50% movement;
* Changed: ClusterPirates faction can now use again the -P variants, in addition to their own -Q variants
* Fixed: added 'Mechs for missing Taurian/Canopian tags;
* Removed: old and unused BattleMech variants (all of -F, -SL, -U, some -A variants), old unused weapons (Streak + Artemis LRMs and SRMs)

I saw all of that under the 5.5 changelog, but now we have 5.5C for whatever else that changed. :)

Wow. Awesome work - thank you so much for providing such amazing content!

I startetd a carreer recently and finished the "It came from the rim" flashpoints. Didn't really expect such a dense atmosphere and professional implementation and am really looking forward for the other mini-campaigns. Battletech at an amazingly high level - Chapeau, Hobbes__!

However i just stumbled across a little technical problem regarding new hyades rim versions and the compatability of "old" savegames - which is probably just a lack of knowledge on my side i guess:
  • I downloaded the latest hyades version from nexusmods
  • I deleted the old hyades rim folder in my mod folder
  • I unzipped the latest version into my battletech mod-folder
  • After a game restart i was not able to load my hyades rim carrer anymore
  • When i switched back to the former hyades rim build i was able to load my career again
Is there any tweak how i can fix this and play the latest hyades rim version with my "old" carreer savegame? Do i just have to override my old hyades rim folder?

I am using the HBS mod loader btw - if that helps. Thanks to anyone who's willing to help

Edit: Problem solved - see page 14

Last edited:
I saw all of that under the 5.5 changelog, but now we have 5.5C for whatever else that changed. :)

If it ends on a letter, it means it was a hot fix. 5.5a, b and c fixes were all non-Mech related

Reactions:
Wow. Awesome work - thank you so much for providing such amazing content!

I startetd a carreer recently and finished the "It came from the rim" flashpoints. Didn't really expect such a dense atmosphere and professional implementation and am really looking forward for the other mini-campaigns. Battletech at an amazingly high level - Chapeau, Hobbes__!

However i just stumbled across a little technical problem regarding new hyades rim versions and the compatability of "old" savegames - which is probably just a lack of knowledge on my side i guess:
  • I downloaded the latest hyades version from nexusmods
  • I deleted the old hyades rim folder in my mod folder
  • I unzipped the latest version into my battletech mod-folder
  • After a game restart i was not able to load my hyades rim carrer anymore
  • When i switched back to the former hyades rim build i was able to load my career again
Is there any tweak how i can fix this and play the latest hyades rim version with my "old" carreer savegame? Do i just have to override my old hyades rim folder?

I am using the HBS mod loader btw - if that helps. Thanks to anyone who's willing to help

Edit: Just read at nexusmods that deleting mod folder cache might help - how do i do that?

You had a career using the standalone FPs that you want to continue using the Hyades Rim?