EUIV - Update on 1.29 Manchu and Known Issues and workarounds! (updated 2019-09-24)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since the release of version 1.29, I can't start the game correctly, instantly crashes during loading screen. You haven't been able to fix the game for 4 days!!!!! Is it really that hard to make a free update?

Since the release of version 1.29, I can't start the game correctly, instantly crashes during loading screen. You haven't been able to fix the game for 4 days!!!!! Is it really that hard to make a free update?

It's a Free update, if it was paid they'd give it more attention, hotfixes for Paid DLCs got a hotfix 12 hours after the first issues come up, this time it took them 3 days and the same problems are still there, as well as I predicted before more problems as well, atleast in 1.29 I can play the game, now I crash every time.

It's likely that this has already been brought up, but if you go into your steam files for EU4, and go to launcher-installer-windows.msi, either installing it, or uninstalling and reinstalling it should fix issues with loading the game up.

Hello, when I start the new launcher and go through the set-up process, and when I get to the EULA agreement section, I cannot click continue. Yes, I am scrolled down all the way. i have also noticed that the launcher takes yp 60-70% of my CPU usage. Ive read this forum and seen it isnt a known issue publicy, but maybe this has to do with something else?

I am unable to play the game - macbook air. Now instead of opening up through Steam it uses the Paradox launcher (which I never downloaded) and when extended time mod and graphic mod is enabled it turns the political map into a terrain map (thats how it looks) and does not work. When I disable the mods it loads the game normally but then it would not let me declare war on a country and the game nor would it let me use my diplomats to form a claim on a province. Also I noticed that the game is much more laggy. Do you know why this is happening ... it has made the game unplayable for me :(

I have this issue where, on the country map, instead of each country having his own color, there is a layer with a blurry mess of colors over the natural world map. The same issue happens with every kind of map except, of course, the natural world one.

I tried this with or without all DLC's and mod, and the result is the same.
Same thing happened to me - but I am using a mac.

After the Patch i get a Legacy Hardware Message and my game Laggs it uses 80% of my CPU

The game is laggy and choppy for the lucky ones who have the game working, this hotfix was supposed to fix the issue, but at least they know it exists, we'll have to wait till Monday when the weekend is over so we can have some info from the devs

I am unable to play the game - macbook air. Now instead of opening up through Steam it uses the Paradox launcher (which I never downloaded) and when extended time mod and graphic mod is enabled it turns the political map into a terrain map (thats how it looks) and does not work. When I disable the mods it loads the game normally but then it would not let me declare war on a country and the game nor would it let me use my diplomats to form a claim on a province. Also I noticed that the game is much more laggy. Do you know why this is happening ... it has made the game unplayable for me :(
Play without the mods for the time being. As for the laggy part, this new update screwed up a lot of things, so just sit tight I guess.

Hello, when I start the new launcher and go through the set-up process, and when I get to the EULA agreement section, I cannot click continue. Yes, I am scrolled down all the way. i have also noticed that the launcher takes yp 60-70% of my CPU usage. Ive read this forum and seen it isnt a known issue publicy, but maybe this has to do with something else?
I found out the problem. Windows Defenders wanted to put it in my protected folders that couldnt be changed. Had to disable One Drive

My AQ->Persia campaign keeps crashing on September, no matter wich save I use and on what month or year I start. Had posted this in the EU facebook group as well only to be ignored by Lambert & co. Thanks Paradox.

Probably would've been best to put the new launcher on a beta test branch first. I guess it's too late for that, but for all the people who can't play because of the launcher right now, they should have an easy way to use the legacy one instead.