EUIV - Update on 1.29 Manchu and Known Issues and workarounds! (updated 2019-09-24)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are right. The game displayed Emperor in old versions. I remembered wrongly. But it changed in 1.26. So this thread is the wrong place for it. Maybe this is a bug from the new government system in Dharma. Did you look in the bug report forum if it has already been reported?

dowser.exe is back for Mac, 1.29.3. Workaround is launching directly from steamapps directory.

*edit: Except then you don't have any DLC and can't load any saves.

Last edited:
Hello!
After Manchu patch 1.29.3 I have a problem with graphic - occupation of province when the look is natural map - as on the screen. What to do with that? How can I resolve this problem?

Attachments

• blue bug.png
    blue bug.png
    4,3 MB · Views: 32
When starting up the game with the new launcher, it sometimes launches on my secondary monitor. I can't get it to switch back to my primary, and there doesn't appear to be a monitor-selector available in the launcher.

When starting up the game with the new launcher, it sometimes launches on my secondary monitor. I can't get it to switch back to my primary, and there doesn't appear to be a monitor-selector available in the launcher.
Maybe you can try borderless fullscreen and then use some function from your OS to move the screen to the other monitor.

Hi everybody,
sorry if the issue has been addressed somewhere else, could not find anything about it.

When trying to start the latest version of the game from the launcher, a small red icon appears with mouse-over saying "Launching the game failed".
I deleted all the mods, made a clean reinstall, still same. 1.28 still works fine though. Don't get it. Any idea?

Hi everybody,
sorry if the issue has been addressed somewhere else, could not find anything about it.

When trying to start the latest version of the game from the launcher, a small red icon appears with mouse-over saying "Launching the game failed".
I deleted all the mods, made a clean reinstall, still same. 1.28 still works fine though. Don't get it. Any idea?
There are many possible reasons for that error. To narrow it down somewhat try to start the game from eu4.exe (eu4.app on macOS). If that works, the problem is usually one of these:
  1. you configured the game to run as administrator, but the launcher doesn't run as administrator. In that case disable the option to run the game as administrator
  2. your have an antivirus or ransomware protection software that prevents the launcher from writing its files. In that case you have to add the launcher(and eu4) to the exception list of your software
  3. the launcher installation is broken. In that case try the instructions to reinstall the launcher from this support article
If the game also doesn't work if you start eu4(.exe/.app) directly, it is best if you post in the tech support forum. Please include in your post which OS you use and if you are on windows, please attach the output of dxdiag to that post.

I got a problem with a mod I made. It's already uploaded to Steam and Paradox but launcher doesn't launch it in game.
All of the files are downloaded and mod is turned on in launcher but nothing change in game.
Mod is working in local version without any troubles with this "launcher". Same case is happening on my friend PC.
Is there any possibility to fix that?

I got a problem with a mod I made. It's already uploaded to Steam and Paradox but launcher doesn't launch it in game.
All of the files are downloaded and mod is turned on in launcher but nothing change in game.
Mod is working in local version without any troubles with this "launcher". Same case is happening on my friend PC.

You should post this in the modding sub forum.

The game sometimes has problems if there are multiple versions of the same mod installed. Try the following:
  1. move your local version of the mod to another folder
  2. unsubscribe from the steam version of the mod
  3. start the launcher so it registers these changes
  4. close the launcher
  5. subscribe to your mod in steam
  6. wait for steam to download the mod completely
  7. start the launcher
  8. activate the steam version of the mod in the launcher
  9. start the game
If that doesn't help, have a look at the folder of steam version of your mod and make sure that all its files are the same as in your local mod. If it isn't the same, something went wrong when uploading the mod. Then you can try to update the mod to fix it.

The game sometimes has problems if there are multiple versions of the same mod installed. Try the following:
  1. move your local version of the mod to another folder
  2. unsubscribe from the steam version of the mod
  3. start the launcher so it registers these changes
  4. close the launcher
  5. subscribe to your mod in steam
  6. wait for steam to download the mod completely
  7. start the launcher
  8. activate the steam version of the mod in the launcher
  9. start the game
If that doesn't help, have a look at the folder of steam version of your mod and make sure that all its files are the same as in your local mod. If it isn't the same, something went wrong when uploading the mod. Then you can try to update the mod to fix it.

Deleting local version solved problem. Thanks a lot

Not that I mind much but you should post more or less anywhere but here if you want help - cause posting here only pings me and I don't work for PDX anymore!

Its May 14 2020, and I still cant play EU IV, because of the new launcher after the Manchu update is broken and wont work, Im kind of mad because I have been playing this game since it came out in 2013 and I have bought all the expansion packs and this game helps me relax on my spare time, and yes I have tried everything to fix it, but to no avail. So Paradox please fix the damn stupid launcher, so that the game can actually run. btw, im using PC, not Mac

Its May 14 2020, and I still cant play EU IV, because of the new launcher after the Manchu update is broken and wont work, Im kind of mad because I have been playing this game since it came out in 2013 and I have bought all the expansion packs and this game helps me relax on my spare time, and yes I have tried everything to fix it, but to no avail. So Paradox please fix the damn stupid launcher, so that the game can actually run. btw, im using PC, not Mac
If you actually want to run the game and are not just posting to rant, you should post in the tech support forum. You can get help there. Please describe what the problem is and how far in the startup process you get.

• 1Like
Reactions: