EUIV - Update on 1.29 Manchu and Known Issues and workarounds! (updated 2019-09-24)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello! The game crashes every time on loading (Loading Database in
most cases) without any error.
I did full clean re-install, no success.
In logs/graphics.log there are error spam like
[provincetemplate.cpp:512]: Province [number] has invalid origin

Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this bug, but whenever I click on the decision to form Qing while playing as Manchu the game crashes. I'm playing on a mac, but the game always worked fine for me. I hope this issue is simple to fix, I was really enjoying destroying ming!

EDIT: Changing the settings out of fullscreen and into windowed seems to have done the trick!

Last edited:
so.... the game game doesn't even try to launch for me.. i open the game.. get the launcher press play and then absolutely nothing happens.. i tried reinstalling it didnt fix it.. i tried running as administrator didn't fix it.. resolution change didn't help either nor did deleting and verifying the game... i know the game went from 32 bit to 64.. but that should be a issue for me as i have a 64 system so... whats going on?

so.... the game game doesn't even try to launch for me.. i open the game.. get the launcher press play and then absolutely nothing happens.. i tried reinstalling it didnt fix it.. i tried running as administrator didn't fix it.. resolution change didn't help either nor did deleting and verifying the game... i know the game went from 32 bit to 64.. but that should be a issue for me as i have a 64 system so... whats going on?
Same, but 50/50. Sometimes it starts loading but then just closing before the main menu shows up. And there is no response in the support ticket...

Launcher doesn't find CK2 converted games (please see this comment for a temporary fix)

This is because the CK2 converter still routes to the local mod files rather than to the steam workshop ones right? Hopefully this is good since it gives an excuse for them to potentially fix the fact that the converter hasn't been updated for Iron Century yet, Bosnian and Carantanian are placed in the wrong culture group, and map visibility weirdness.

Taking the "Qing Dynasty" decision crashes the game. How's that for a splendid irony. Happened to me three out of four times, second time no issue.

macOS Mojave v 10.14.5 iMac (27 inch, late 2013)
No mods enabled

Seemingly mods don't want to download, I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to mods, but only one downloaded, the folder in the workshop folder under the steamfolder is mostly empty, and the one in documents contains two items.

I have this issue where, on the country map, instead of each country having his own color, there is a layer with a blurry mess of colors over the natural world map. The same issue happens with every kind of map except, of course, the natural world one.

I tried this with or without all DLC's and mod, and the result is the same.

I have this issue where, on the country map, instead of each country having his own color, there is a layer with a blurry mess of colors over the natural world map. The same issue happens with every kind of map except, of course, the natural world one.

I tried this with or without all DLC's and mod, and the result is the same.

That's because most graphical mod does not work anymore with 1.29 version.
Authors need to update them.

@HottestRod , not sure if it's a known issue, but some of us are having trouble logging in to the Paradox account on new Launcher... worked with previous Launcher, tried resetting password,...

index.php

An event popped up stating that the government of Ming had fled to Taiwan. I then right clicked on the new government in Taiwan and hovered over the government name/description. This caused my game to crash.
This is my first time using the forums so I'm not sure what else to do with this information.

An event popped up stating that the government of Ming had fled to Taiwan. I then right clicked on the new government in Taiwan and hovered over the government name/description. This caused my game to crash.
This is my first time using the forums so I'm not sure what else to do with this information.

Keep your savefile!

Register your game, go to the bug forum and report it. You should attach your savefile too.

My game keeps getting stuck on this initial loading screen, if not the very first loading screen. This is immediately after hitting play in the launcher, same thing happens when launching directly from the .exe file. I've also tried a fresh install with no difference.

upload_2019-9-18_18-37-52.png

*Edit, this can be fixed by changing the display to fullscreen

Last edited:
Hello! The game crashes every time on loading (Loading Database in
most cases) without any error.
I did full clean re-install, no success.
In logs/graphics.log there are error spam like
[provincetemplate.cpp:512]: Province [number] has invalid origin

this happens to me as well

I just spent over $300 on this game and all the mods last week. And now none of my DLC will work in game.

I don't think I am very important to you, Paradox. I am not a valued customer that you want to retain. I am money and nothing else. If I were anything more than that to you, you would have done your basic due diligence and tested the launcher before releasing it.

How can you release software in this state? I know video game developers have a bad reputation (rightly so) for releasing things in an untested state. As a former software (but not video game) developer, I am ashamed for you. This is actually one of the worst launches for any product I have ever experienced. And I have worked on some that did not start out very well at all. I actually have had to repair bad code for massive sql databases (huge projects). Those were bad and expensive. But this is just plain laziness. Test your shit.