EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello
Did "Humiliate" peace deal change? I remember that I could humiliate an enemy (not a rival) in a conquest CB. But it seems to have gone. Am I right on this?
Do you mean "enemy" as in (1) somebody you're at war with or (2) somebody who has rivaled you?
Humiliate is available against your rivals irrespective of the cb, and I think that's it. It may be available for a type (2) enemy, I'm not sure about that, but generally not against a type (1) enemy.
Maybe you're confusing "humiliate" and "concede defeat"?

I meant 1. Somebody I'm at war but not my rival (and I'm not his rival). I'm not confusing in the peace deal as I'm interested in the Age of discovery capacity.
But maybe my memory is wrong and it was never there again a "simple" enemy in a Conquest war.

The flexibility to choose humiliate in a peace deal is with the casus Belli that started the war, not the peace deal target unfortunately.

You don't need to use the humiliate rival CB, you don't even need to declare on your rival directly either. A simple conquest CB is OK, the peace option to humiliate will be available.

Not really a question but a statement
I tried a Timurids game. Managed to become Mughal by 1490. Everything goes quite well and I intend to expand in India. But in 1506, Ottomans DOWed me. 110k Ottos vs 130k of me + Indian allies (Malha and Bengale). And after 12 years, I gave up. Ottomans were in golden age so it did not help me at all (+ their siege ability). I got bankrupt and lost 20 provinces. I did not expect to lose that much despite loans, merc up to save manpower etc... Ouch

EDIT : people disagreeing with this. You were with me and know I'm not saying the truth or what? :D I wish I were more successful...

Last edited:
Reactions:
Not really a question but a statement
I tried a Timurids game. Managed to become Mughal by 1490. Everything goes quite well and I intend to expand in India. But in 1506, Ottomans DOWed me. 110k Ottos vs 130k of me + Indian allies (Malha and Bengale). And after 12 years, I gave up. Ottomans were in golden age so it did not help me at all (+ their siege ability). I got bankrupt and lost 20 provinces. I did not expect to lose that much despite loans, merc up to save manpower etc... Ouch
Which DLCs do you have?
Which ideas did you and they have?

Which DLCs do you have?
Which ideas did you and they have?
All DLC up to Emperor (included)
They had, if I recall correctly, Innovative and another (non military). I had the first idea of "Quantity" (and was developing a province to provoke Colonialism). I'm playing a game against a friend where we used a random method to select our ideas.

I was quite late in techs (especially admin as I cored a lot to become Mughals) but not in MIL. That may be a mistake... expanding too fast (or not alterning enough with dipl annex, even if I did it). Two allies were also not enough apparently

Hello, since i missed the stream of the grandest lan 2022, where can I watch it? do I have to wait for all the 30mins episodes to come out?
Is there a way I can find the 12h episodes somewhere like last year?

Hello there. I got a problem on my Aragon campaign. I want to get the proper spanish mission tree and for that i need to culture shift to any iberian culture except Catalan and Aragonese. But i dont have a province with such a culture.
Both Castille and Portugal are already my subjects, Granadas cores dont exist anymore and Castille and Portugal did eat deep into Morocco. Navarra was annexed by Castille but i cant release them in a peace treathy anymore for some reasons. Only from my own provinces its possible to release nations.
I did release Morocco as OPM from Maracetch to feed them their cores back from Castille to reduce the latters number of provinces. However, im uncertain if Morocco will desire an Andalusian Province in the future so i can give it to them and take it for my own afterwards.
Is there any way to get a province with the right culture i overlooked?

Hello there. I got a problem on my Aragon campaign. I want to get the proper spanish mission tree and for that i need to culture shift to any iberian culture except Catalan and Aragonese. But i dont have a province with such a culture.
Both Castille and Portugal are already my subjects, Granadas cores dont exist anymore and Castille and Portugal did eat deep into Morocco. Navarra was annexed by Castille but i cant release them in a peace treathy anymore for some reasons. Only from my own provinces its possible to release nations.
I did release Morocco as OPM from Maracetch to feed them their cores back from Castille to reduce the latters number of provinces. However, im uncertain if Morocco will desire an Andalusian Province in the future so i can give it to them and take it for my own afterwards.
Is there any way to get a province with the right culture i overlooked?
You don't need an iberian culture to form Spain diplomatically. And you will get the spanish mission as long as your primary culture is neither aragonese nor catalan. So you can culture shift to any other culture in the world.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I received the base game as part of an Epic free game deal, but I definitely want to add in some more flavor since I am enjoying the experience, I see specific game packs and standalone expansions, what are the universally recommended DLC and should I go for a pack?

Something strange in my Poland game that I haven't seen before... Lithuania breaks PU for no apparent reason. This is shortly before I've reached tech level 10, so haven't formed Commonwealth yet. Their liberty desire is zero, relations are up over 200, so I can't even declare restoration of union war (not without big stability hit, anyway).

Reloaded twice, and it keeps triggering at the same time. Just curious whether I'm missing something... an event being triggered, or something, and whether it's recent change. As I say, I've never come across it before.

That sounds a lot like Lithuanian Pretender Rebels have enforced their demands. They most probably held the capital for 2 years
I think you're right... there was a revolt going on that I was a little slow to react to. They don't generally need my help, so I wasn't paying attention.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm sure you're right... I remember I beat their army (twice, which would indicate a pretender), but hadn't finishing sieging the occupied province, which must have been the capital.

Thanks.

Hi, I am aiming to get the Bunte Kuh achievement but I do not understand how to increase livestock %.

hanovre.png

hanovre x.png

I've sent 90 light ships to privateer in Constantinople but it doesn't seem to affect the Ottomans %. I've built manufactories and workshop in all my livestock provinces. Should I conquer more of Qing livestock provinces ? Should I send more light ships ? Or send my merchants differently ? Or, hopefully not, conquer Greece and Anatolia ? Send a merchant in Venice to get Ottomans trade ? I'm really lost, while the gems business was easy. I have 38% mercantilism, should I go for 100 ?

Last edited: