• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, no need to get rude for that.
the minimum autonomy change doesn't counterbalance the razing unrest change since it doesn't affect starting freshly conquered province autonomy, which is why I thought you hadn't played horde since minimum autonomy change (generally you are competent poster so I assume this is the case)

Reactions:
Does the amount of development lost from razing decrease with tech level, or is it the power gained per development? Or both?

It wouldn't be an EU4 patch without UI improvements, would it now? We have a whole slew of them coming, so I thought I'd go over some of the larger ones. First off, we have the addition of a 'modifiers view' in the government screen. In this view you can see the sum of all modifiers currently affecting your country, and by hovering over a particular modifier, where that sum is coming from.
Does that mean you can't see when a particular modifier expires anymore?

I can't wait for the map mode hotkey change! It will make the gameplay a lot smoother for me.
We obviously need a list of hotkeys.

Reactions:
Anyways, as someone who likes hunting for exploit/degenerate gameplay, I'm glad I've contributed to the hilarious over-nerfbatting of hordes, if only slightly
I agree with you but this sort of stuff should have been avoided in the 1st place. My point is that all of this was very predictable and should of had been corrected before release maybe with less raze efficiency, something like 10% or so. Now anyone interested in playing hordes will have to put up with even more f****** rebels unless the player likes to conquer the same provinces over and over again (as if EU IV was not already repetitive enough).

Reactions:
No, I'm saying the French region will. It's scripted on a per-region basis, so different regions have different (fully moddable) rules.
Our saviour!

Are you guys planning on making an update to the dynastic system? HTTT's system is showing its age and for a game with so much emphasis on rulers, it hurts the gameplay a lot. Plus, some things that happened historically (spain with half of europe in 1500, brandenburg-prussia as polish vassal(pls make poland vassalize teutonic order after getting danzig+marienburg)) can never happen.

Reactions:
Interesting changes, the UI improvements are greatly appreciated. Will there also be more mapmodes in 1.15, for example superregions?
I don't know if they'll be in 1.15, but I've seen Government types, Rebel types and Overseas provinces map-modes**.

**Didn't see the Dynasty map-mode Wiz mentioned though.

Reactions:
I agree with you but this sort of stuff should have been avoided in the 1st place. My point is that all of this was very predictable and should of had been corrected before release maybe with less raze efficiency, something like 10% or so. Now anyone interested in playing hordes will have to put up with even more f****** rebels unless the player likes to conquer the same provinces over and over again (as if EU IV was not already repetitive enough).
yeah, I can already think of a workaround to the unrest issue but it will make conquering things a bit repetitive.

the minimum autonomy change doesn't counterbalance the razing unrest change since it doesn't affect starting freshly conquered province autonomy, which is why I thought you hadn't played horde since minimum autonomy change (generally you are competent poster so I assume this is the case)
The estate LA change, however, makes autonomy matter less. I.e. tribes provinces can be 100% LA and still give you manpower and FL.

Like giving the provinces to a 3rd party with whom you don´t have a truce (or only a 5 years truce -released nations-) and then re conquer them?
Well lets just say the idea (I won't take credit for it myself since the idea has been floated for other things) won't work for certain culture groups due to rebel mechanics *cough* Russian, but for a lot of other stuff it will. Even better you might as well lower autonomy on everything now as well, if razing is poison then you might as well throw in all the other poison in one dose.

one other question: is the tribes rebels persistence upon defeat (similar to how pretender rebels work, necessitating to fight them multiple times if you don't morale wipe them first phase) intended?

It ends up making tribes rebels almost twice as deadly as separatists.

the UI changes are nice, but cosmetic as all these things are. I am happy with the prestige from being 1st in a region, that should be good as i'm usually Portugal anyway so prestige ahoy for my next Ironman game. I've not played as a horde yet, so i'll probably wait until 1.15 now.

Loss is often marginal in newly conquered provinces due to autonomy, but with the change to estates partially ignoring LA (see previous DD) I'm not sure that's necessarily the case in 1.15.

The autonomy is pretty much unimportant regarding the changes. And as I said in the post on p.1 only decreasing autonomy seems viable, so the LA ignoring from estates will actually be worth less.

Scenario 1: You raze, you get +10 unrest. Even with increasing autonomy the unrest will sit at around +15 from all the modifiers. Rebels will spawn at some point. So decrease it for fast +35 unrest and then -100.
Scenario 2: You don't raze, you tank horde unity and get up to +4 global unrest.
Scenario 3: You raze and return. A. If its a rival you cant sell province, so - lets say 5 new provinces on conquest - you return them via province interaction for -50 prestige and made no progress. B. You sell them and still made no progress.

Both razing and not razing = more rebels. Returning provinces is playing without progressing.
I have a hard time to see any of these changes as fun. Heck I have a hard time seeing any of these changes as thought through OR there are some other changes to rebels/horde unity that havent been mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: