EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Vijay attack on Gujarat was a strong play. There isn't space for so many players in India, so it was kill or be killed, and given the tech disadvantage he had to time it well. Alliance with Pasai makes total sense as they have separate spheres of expansion, but close enough to help each other.

I bring the thunder to the thunderdome.

If anyone is going to be able to throw a monkey-wrench into the Byzantine works, it's going to have to be Vijayanagar, which can into Bharat, and then might team up with either Ming or Transoceania (as Jake loves to call Groogy), or both, having most of the Indian sub-continent consolidated and developed. I suspect that KJ won't let that happen...

Thanks for the vote of confidence :p. This is essentially my intention. I have no hostile intent towards Groogy or Ming, they're my natural allies against Persia/Byzantium

I bring the thunder to the thunderdome.

Thanks for the vote of confidence :p. This is essentially my intention. I have no hostile intent towards Groogy or Ming, they're my natural allies against Persia/Byzantium

Hey! Why not switch one overlord for another? Unlike the FALSE EMPEROR Emperor of China I don't demand any tribute :rolleyes:

You've obviously missed that StarNaN doesn't need diplo slots for his allies (all you need is voice chat ;)), which frees up those diplo slots for other things.
*his all lies

Hey! Why not switch one overlord for another? Unlike the FALSE EMPEROR Emperor of China I don't demand any tribute :rolleyes:

I stopped paying tribute to Ming when I noticed how extortionate the cash tribute was. Also because I noticed that you're no longer allied to Persia, so I really don't need anyone's protection.

I stopped paying tribute to Ming when I noticed how extortionate the cash tribute was. Also because I noticed that you're no longer allied to Persia, so I really don't need anyone's protection.

I think they reformed their alliance, and also I am a benevolent Emperor, I will take monarch points or man power instead of ducats :)

You do know that Byz - Persia became allies again? I think you should run back again xD

Persia is a peace-loving country that is shocked about the obviously maleficent intentions of their Indian neighbour. :eek: The first Indian hugbox has been replaced by another one, which threatens the absolute sovereignty of Persia. Fear not, alas, our engineers have been busy building forts in the beautiful mountains of our ever-expanding home region. :)

I think they reformed their alliance, and also I am a benevolent Emperor, I will take monarch points or man power instead of ducats :)

Indeed! The clerical mistake in the foreign office has been corrected and Persia stands once more proudly in the shadow of its over...aeh -ly friendly neighbour Byzantium. :cool:

Persia is a peace-loving country that is shocked about the obviously maleficent intentions of their Indian neighbour. :eek: The first Indian hugbox has been replaced by another one, which threatens the absolute sovereignty of Persia. Fear not, alas, our engineers have been busy building forts in the beautiful mountains of our ever-expanding home region. :)

You call me maleficent while you callously lay waste to India? If your armies take another step into the subcontinent we will raze your scenic mountain forts to the ground, no matter how many of my own men have to die from disease outbreaks!

You call me maleficent while you callously lay waste to India? If your armies take another step into the subcontinent we will raze your scenic mountain forts to the ground, no matter how many of my own men have to die from disease outbreaks!

If you count development the aggressive empire of Vijay has grown much more than the measured, friendly people of Persia. We led a single, purely defensive war against Gujarat to assume guardianship of their cultural heritage, the ancient goldmines of Mewar. :p And just in time before you started a second, needless war of aggression against them to finish what you started.

Persia reserves its right to continue to protect Gujarati territory from the yellow menace. History will show that the Persian people are a force of good in the Indian thunderdome. :)

No, you just demand all their land when it suits you. :)

How dare you! I would never...! o_O

Indeed! The clerical mistake in the foreign office has been corrected and Persia stands once more proudly in the shadow of its over...aeh -ly friendly neighbour Byzantium. :cool:

Minor hiccup in the Roman Co-Prosperity Sphere!

BARBARIAN...! :eek:

All these "unconditional surrenders" against him (this time Swe & Mummies).

Yes, you won't win this war, but it would take the Kaiser manpower and, even more important, time to siege down and start coring. Time that would tick down with him not being able to conquer more land unless going over 100% overextension, spawning rebels.

I'm not playing to "ruin Kaiser" or anything - I do what is in the best interest of my country (insofar as I have a choice in it)

I had some TINY little hope that taking BYZ out of the equation would give me a bit of a fighting chance against Austria (sadly, BYZ just decided to tank the WE because that's how scared they together apparently are of me...)

I also didn't particularly feel that steadily bleeding my army, while being pushed back, was going to get me any *better* results. Sooner or later, my entire army would've been wiped.

You may have noticed AI Norway attacked me end of session - had they done so with me not having ANY army, I would've been dead completely, now at least I had enough of an army to fight back.

I'm not playing to "ruin Kaiser" or anything - I do what is in the best interest of my country (insofar as I have a choice in it)

I had some TINY little hope that taking BYZ out of the equation would give me a bit of a fighting chance against Austria (sadly, BYZ just decided to tank the WE because that's how scared they together apparently are of me...)

I also didn't particularly feel that steadily bleeding my army, while being pushed back, was going to get me any *better* results. Sooner or later, my entire army would've been wiped.

You may have noticed AI Norway attacked me end of session - had they done so with me not having ANY army, I would've been dead completely, now at least I had enough of an army to fight back.

Agreed. There is a time and a place for forcing your opponent to fully occupy you but this was not it. Better live and possibly fight another day.

Incase anyone wonders about what Classic Johan thinks about all this... (I'm also hoping y'all know the American show the office otherwise this is a weird post..)

HOQyIjP.png