• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Mach Twelve @Raboude
sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

My fellow Chancellors,
I agree with the decision to remove the plan regarding Cusco, I am an old man, and sometimes things slip my mind.
Hopefully we can all agree on this, if not, it is still two votes for removal.

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari, Imperial Treasurer, Imperial Steward and Co-Chancellor
Lux Tenebris Vincet

((I thought Cuzco was a province we hadn't yet colonized, didn't think of Cusco the country.
It's a bit late over here :p))

Petros smiles as he listens to the two other Co-Chancellors. They both raised good points, and made sure to focus on places that he didn't. The Chancellory would be busy the next few years, but they would be working the Spanish benefit. He took the letter written by the Count of Sassari, already signed by both of the other Co-Chancellors, and added his name to the bottom.

This meeting was productive, but I fear I need to go involve myself in other matters. And my dear Lady, if you want aid in your attempt to find the murderous Grandmaster, I will be willing to give it, and I may be able to recruit the son of the victim himself. Surely it would be better if we all cooperated like we today?

((Signing up for any attempt to find/capture our traitorous Grandmaster))

Lúcia's face turned red. How did he... Of course. For starters, he is Greek. Court intrigue is his specialty. Second, she is as new as him. No wonder people at the chancellery were testing both of them. She had to be more discreet, more careful, or her head could roll. But this time, no damage had been done. She produced a smile, and said.

I am glad to hear it, Señor Petros. My compliments for your excellent intelligence network. For whatever help I can offer this investigation, I will. It would relieve myself and a large part of the nobility, should he be brought to justice.

Whatever the reason, Louis imagined out of respect for his father, the diplomats of the Chancellory decided to fill his office as Co-Chancellors. A wise move, earning his respect at least. No commoners with no love for traditions or... no matter. They might have made the right choice here, but one of their proposals was unacceptable. They likely didn't all know why, so he would enlighten them and end the speculation concerning Cusco.

myKh8vJ.png

Co-Chancellors of Hispania,

I am very grateful that you decided to fill my late father's office together and go on with his policies. You have truly earned my respect and thanks. But I have to tell you that I cannot accept any mistreating of the Cuscoans. My dynasty has a very long history of friendship with that people, and Hispania has too. We cooperated, then began protecting them, and had to repel an invasion of the other natives, disagreeing with our ways. We fought for our protection, our friendship. We cannot betray them and ourselves. Cusco is under our protection, and it will stay that way. I forgive you for not knowing this, but you should retract your plan concerning Cusco. Count de Alvaro, you might be a bit forgetful in your old age. At least this is what my father told me already six years ago...

The letter of the Duke was another matter. A shame, it was such an opportunity... But then again... Perhaps she could turn this opportunity to her favour? The Greek was ready to surrender, as was the Count of Sassari. She decided to try something anyway, to salvage something of her plan.

Your Excellencies, would you allow me an attempt to reason with the Duke, to salvage something of my plan? I would write this letter in my own name and take responsibility for the plan, but feel free to read it beforehand.
7pcGwiM.png

To His Grace Louis François de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria,

Your Grace, I thank you for your compliments and the respect you bestow upon myself and my co-chancellors. I would write you regarding your reaction to our plan - my initiative, regarding the tribe of Cusco. Forgive me for not knowing about the long history of friendship with this people, it is a part of Hispanian history I am not familiar with. It was not in my intentions to touch the status of Cusco as a Protectorate of Hispania, however. I would be a bad diplomat if breaking treaties appears to be a habit.

Also, I am convinced these gold mines would bolster not only our, but also their economy. From the reports I have gathered from the New World, Cusco has so much gold that its value has reached a depth. We can try assisting them as much as we like, if their economy is getting out of hand, their nation will collapse sooner or later. Possibly causing damage to Hispania in its fall. For Hispania on the other hand, the goldmines would provide us the means to increase our defense in the region, and attract more traders. Apart from the gold itself, of course.

Perhaps, if you are willing, we can convince Cusco to trade the goldmines to us, in return for other territories in the north - the tribe of the Quito. Or perhaps they are perfectly willing to give us one of them for free, given they have such little use for them?

Your Grace is most welcome to discuss further details of this plan at the Chancellery. As I hope You remember from this letter, I have no intention of backstabbing loyal friends of the Empire, from either side of the ocean. As a sign of friendship, I would offer my full cooperation to the search of your fathers murderer.

May God Almighty watch your step,
Lúcia Fernanda Manuela de Maia, Condesa de Lisboa

[[ Defense based on their inflation rate of a staggering 19%. So how about... We conquer Quito and reward them two provinces, in return for the gold mines?
Or we take just one and keep Liberty Desire under 10%? ]]

Last edited:
Lúcia's face turned red. How did he... Of course. For starters, he is Greek. Court intrigue is his specialty. Second, she is as new as him. No wonder people at the chancellery were testing both of them. She had to be more discreet, more careful, or her head could roll. But this time, no damage had been done. She produced a smile, and said.

I am glad to hear it, Señor Petros. My compliments for your excellent intelligence network. For whatever help I can offer this investigation, I will. It would relieve myself and a large part of the nobility, should he be brought to justice.

The letter of the Duke was another matter. A shame, it was such an opportunity... But then again... Perhaps she could turn this opportunity to her favour? The Greek was ready to surrender, as was the Count of Sassari. She decided to try something anyway, to salvage something of her plan.

Your Excellencies, would you allow me an attempt to reason with the Duke, to salvage something of my plan? I would write this letter in my own name and take responsibility for the plan, but feel free to read it beforehand.
7pcGwiM.png

To His Grace Louis François de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria,

Your Grace, I thank you for your compliments and the respect you bestow upon myself and my co-chancellors. I would write you regarding your reaction to our plan - my initiative, regarding the tribe of Cusco. Forgive me for not knowing about the long history of friendship with this people, it is a part of Hispanian history I am not familiar with. It was not in my intentions to touch the status of Cusco as a Protectorate of Hispania, however. I would be a bad diplomat if breaking treaties appears to be a habit.

Also, I am convinced these gold mines would bolster not only our, but also their economy. From the reports I have gathered from the New World, Cusco has so much gold that its value has reached a depth. We can try assisting them as much as we like, if their economy is getting out of hand, their nation will collapse sooner or later. Possibly causing damage to Hispania in its fall. For Hispania on the other hand, the goldmines would provide us the means to increase our defense in the region, and attract more traders. Apart from the gold itself, of course.

Perhaps, if you are willing, we can convince Cusco to trade the goldmines to us, in return for other territories in the north - the tribe of the Quito. Or perhaps they are perfectly willing to give us one of them for free, given they have such little use for them?

Your Grace is most welcome to discuss further details of this plan at the Chancellery. As I hope You remember from this letter, I have no intention of backstabbing loyal friends of the Empire, from either side of the ocean. As a sign of friendship, I would offer my full cooperation to the search of your fathers murderer.

May God Almighty watch your step,
Lúcia Fernanda Manuela de Maia, Condesa de Lisboa

[[ Defense based on their inflation rate of a staggering 19%. So how about... We conquer Quito and reward them two provinces, in return for the gold mines?
Or we take just one and keep Liberty Desire under 10%? ]]

Petros sat there for a moment, considering her words. They were very well spoken, and even better it looked that her words had merit as well. It wouldn't do for a leader of the empire to be blinded by ambition. But there was the fact that there were still powerful enemies to this plan of action. He decided he had to speak, defend his actions.

Madam Lucia, you have clearly based your plan on reason and not naked ambition, and for that I applaud you. But the fact remains, many men, not just my friend the Duke, see this as a slight against our ally. Some of them are powerful, like the Pope and the Emperor, and this does not consider the thoughts of the leaders of Cusco themselves. It will not do to move against their wishes. I, however, am not so afraid that I won't work towards a common good, but I must ask that you must convince all parties, both Hispanian and Cuscoian, to accept your proposal. Naturally, I will allow you to be the one to go Cusco when we send a diplomat there. Such a plan is something that will be an achievement of a lifetime, and thus can take a lifetime to fulfill. I must reaffirm my rejection of your plans of Cusco for now, but should your work in Valencia and Cusco bear fruit, I will be willing to support your plan then. But much work needs to be done before your ambition can be achieved. Even though I know I can not deny you, I will allow to speak with the Duke, the Pope, and the Emperor, for I will need their assurance of their support, of at least their lack of denial before I will be willing to consider action.

Also I thank you for your praise about my, ahem, knowledge. One needs to learn that skill quickly to survive Greek Politics. However, it will bring much goodwill to see us work to catch our predecessor's killer, which will aid you in your quests.

"And mine as well" Petros thinks to himself, his face betraying none of his thoughts.

Reactions:
Lúcia nodded at her co-chancellor. Truth to be told, she was still unsure what to make of him. Was this Greek to be trusted? After her stubbornness, he did show remarkable tact. Was her plan based on reason? Well yes. Partly. But she did crave for a victory. Something that would make her shine. The achievement of a lifetime... Like... Exactly what he was suggesting, oddly enough. Of course that Greek would support her going to Cusco... That would mean one competitor less in the chancellery for him, wouldn't it? Or did he truly care and gave her his opinion on what would be a sensible path of action? It did seem logical... Wise even.

It got to her that she had been silent a little too long. Quickly now, say something... "Wise words." Lord Almighty, Lúcia, why did you have to say just that aloud? Couldn't you have given a less compliment? Something to... Well... Anything else? Why is the Court such a snakepit anyway... She urgently needed to return to Lisboa, to see her little João... Or just a walk by the sea to calm her nerves. Ahhh, the sea. The wind blowing in your face and seagulls appearing to remain static at the exact same spot, struggling against that very wind.

The thoughts calmed her. She even managed to produce a genuine smile to Petros who, as she suddenly realized, is also a man of the sea. He gives and he takes. Revealing his own ambition in an attempt to play hers, but yet showing a sensible path of action and possibly, honest appreciation.

"I thank you for making me see wisdom. I will follow your advise and agree that we withdraw the Cusco plans from our recommendation. Should the Duke answer, I will take care of it. Either with a profound apology, or with the foundation of a longterm course of action."

Reactions:
Emperor Pere, after receiving word that the co-chancellors had formulated a plan of sorts, decided to respond.

JpsioAG.png

The policies the three of you have presented are sound, and I am glad that this collaborative effort is working. The matter of Cusco is a delicate one however. Our relationship with them has already been one of mutual benefit and trust. They provided us with valuable goods and trade, and it turn we protected them from their hostile neighbours. Indeed, we were the ones to crush their rivals utterly and lead them to dominance in the area, yet we did not ever impose ourselves upon them despite taking up the mantle of their protectors. Simply demanding land from them would not sit well with many, and could irreparably damage relations. However, if a compromise could be found, one that benefited both parties, I would not be averse to it. Surely the people of Cusco would gladly provide us this favour if we do something for them in turn.

- His Imperial Highness, Pere V de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((If you guys want, you can come up with some deal or exchange we can orchestrate with Cusco and I can make up an event for it. We don't necessarily have to just take the provinces through the subject interactions, but it should of course not be too gamey either.))

Emperor Pere, after receiving word that the co-chancellors had formulated a plan of sorts, decided to respond.

JpsioAG.png

The policies the three of you have presented are sound, and I am glad that this collaborative effort is working. The matter of Cusco is a delicate one however. Our relationship with them has already been one of mutual benefit and trust. They provided us with valuable goods and trade, and it turn we protected them from their hostile neighbours. Indeed, we were the ones to crush their rivals utterly and lead them to dominance in the area, yet we did not ever impose ourselves upon them despite taking up the mantle of their protectors. Simply demanding land from them would not sit well with many, and could irreparably damage relations. However, if a compromise could be found, one that benefited both parties, I would not be averse to it. Surely the people of Cusco would gladly provide us this favour if we do something for them in turn.

- His Imperial Highness, Pere V de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((If you guys want, you can come up with some deal or exchange we can orchestrate with Cusco and I can make up an event for it. We don't necessarily have to just take the provinces through the subject interactions, but it should of course not be too gamey either.))

I thank you for your kind words on behalf of all three of us. We may have had different perspectives, but we have managed to come up with a plan that we believe will give Hispania great boons while we recover from the recent years of warfare, capitalizing on our differences rather than letting them impede another. If I recall correctly, my colleague the countess of Lisboa recommended that we take the lands of Quito, mutual rivals of both our nations, and exchange the Quitoan lands for the lands with the gold mines. Their economy is severely unbalanced between gold and trade goods, and such an exchange may benefit their economy and tax base. We wouldn't have such a problem with those gold mines. I would add one more thing to this trade to give the people of Cusco an immediate advantage, something that would aid us in negotiations, We provide them with a sizeable gift of trade goods along with more produced in our American Colonies for a few years to provide relief from their fiscal problems, indebting them to us.

Your Servant,
Petros Mandromenos

((Event Effects:
- We give all provinces that have Quito Cores to Cusco, Cusco gets cores on said provinces.
- We get the three gold provinces, along with Cores
- lose 3 months income (initial goods infusion)
- -20% global tariffs for 5 years (ongoing good infusion)
- +5% liberty desire all colonial nations for 5 years (they don't like this affair)
- Cusco becomes a historial friend
- Cusco loses 10 inflation (effects of goods arriving)
- Hispania gains 2 inflation (effects of losing goods)
))

I thank you for your kind words on behalf of all three of us. We may have had different perspectives, but we have managed to come up with a plan that we believe will give Hispania great boons while we recover from the recent years of warfare, capitalizing on our differences rather than letting them impede another. If I recall correctly, my colleague the countess of Lisboa recommended that we take the lands of Quito, mutual rivals of both our nations, and exchange the Quitoan lands for the lands with the gold mines. Their economy is severely unbalanced between gold and trade goods, and such an exchange may benefit their economy and tax base. We wouldn't have such a problem with those gold mines. I would add one more thing to this trade to give the people of Cusco an immediate advantage, something that would aid us in negotiations, We provide them with a sizeable gift of trade goods along with more produced in our American Colonies for a few years to provide relief from their fiscal problems, indebting them to us.

Your Servant,
Petros Mandromenos

((Event Effects:
- We give all provinces that have Quito Cores to Cusco, Cusco gets cores on said provinces.
- We get the three gold provinces, along with Cores
- lose 3 months income (initial goods infusion)
- -20% global tariffs for 5 years (ongoing good infusion)
- +5% liberty desire all colonial nations for 5 years (they don't like this affair)
- Cusco becomes a historial friend
- Cusco loses 10 inflation (effects of goods arriving)
- Hispania gains 2 inflation (effects of losing goods)
))

JpsioAG.png

If we are to take their gold mines off their hands for their own good, we must be careful which ones we claim. Reports say that the Cuscoans have six gold mines. I believe it unwise to take the two northern ones in Cusco and Huancavelica, for the first is their capital and the second would see their kingdom split in half. The one in Puno would be the best choice. There are also three much farther south that might do, but we should avoid asking for all three for it will also cut off Cusco from their southern lands. If we colonize the nearby coastline, we should have access to those lands.

((I'm not sure what three gold provinces you're referring to, since they have more than that. Also I can't give them Quito's lands with cores in an event, since we don't own them. We'd have to take them in a war and hand them over to Cusco. The rest seems feasible.))

((I realise this is a bit late, sorry wz and hira- but I just noticed the absences))

In recognition for his great service to the realm in the already famed Battle of the 5 Generals, I wish to appoint Almudena Hashem as Marshal to the Realm ((congrats @hirahammad a nice variety of roles for your character in their lifetime)). Furthermore, for his great skill and endurance in charting God's green Earth, I appoint Robert Johann Lübecker as Grand Admiral to the Realm ((congrats @wzhang29 )). Furthermore, I feel in recognition for his familes deep connection to the realm, I appoint Duc Louis Francois de Montsegér as Viceroy to Cusco ((Congrats @alscon , hf with your petition now :p))

An imperial decree letter by PM Juan II Francesco Michael de Soneta of Hispania

((P.s to all curious, I will continue to use my character's birth name if speaking politically, but in all other incidences, from voting to matters of state, I am Pope Francis, hope that clears up why I used Juan not Pope Francis :) ))

With this proposal concerning Cusco having appeared, Montségur read through his kinsman's expedition journal through the South of the New World again, before he had set sail North and disappeared. Fascinating. Very interesting and useful too. He wouldn't be convinced. A Montségur doesn't forget. Just before he sat down to write an answer, Pope Francis' appointments as PM were told to the court. Viceroy of Cusco - that changed much. Now responsible for them, the Co-Chancellors wouldn't be able to do anything without his approval.

myKh8vJ.png

To the Condesa de Lisboa, Lúcia Fernanda Manuela de Maia,

Rest assured that I never doubted that you wouldn't break any treaty. But you might not have the necessary experience and knowledge to choose the right course of action. The economy of Cusco is not like ours. Gold is valuable, but not the base of their currency, but rather used for ceremonial purposes, as my kinsman learned all these years ago. I have read his reports again. Have you ever heard of the Peralta family? Men who ventured into the unknown, and found gold, lots of gold. They would have been rich. Would have been. If they hadn't been attacked by a tribe, most likely for violating their sacred mountain. The mine has been lost ever since.
What lesson has to be learned from the Peraltas? Any gold mine shouldn't be taken against the will of the natives - or it will disappear. We have sworn to protect Cusco, a pledge we have honoured so far. No matter for what reason, we will not break that pledge for any trade of such kind. What would Hispania say if France would help us expand into Tuscany, but only in exchange for Provence? We would not accept that. They would not either, even moreso as it is their sacred gold we speak about. We have pledged for protection and cooperation, a pledge that has to be kept, not altered in any way. Hispania can move against Quito, with the cooperation and help of the Cuscoans, but not in exchange for anything else than our existing pledge.
Catholic churches are always richly decorated as well - would you say that you have no use for gold if not as a currency? For centuries, Cusco has exploited these mines. Who knows how long they can continue to? And why has Cusco not yet collapsed if the amount of gold is too much, as you say? No, as Viceroy of Cusco I have to find the best way to represent both Cuscoan and Hispanian interests. And this idea is not a part of that.
This diagreement doesn't necessarily have to mean that we have to disagree in other matters though. I will gladly accept any help I can get to find the lowly and cowardly scum responsible for my father's murder. The asssassins I have caught so far had no knowledge of his present location, and I have questioned them thoroughly.

Respectfully,
Louis François de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria and Viceroy of Cusco

I will gladly accept the appointment as Viceroy of Cusco. May our realm's friendship continue to persist and flourish.

((And yes, I am not considering their in-game inflation for my decision.))

Last edited:
@Mach Twelve @Raboude @Michaelangelo
sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

My imperial grace, Pere V de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks,

I wholeheartedly agree with the decision of a mutual agreement between Hispania and Cusco, a war against Quito is a small and easy one and it will surely be beneficial for both us and Cusco.
I do know of the importance of gold for the Cuscoans, but too much gold is detrimental to ones well being. As such I propose we only take two of their gold mines. Surely the Emperor knows best of which ones will suit us and Cusco best.

Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari, Imperial Treasurer, Imperial Steward and Co-Chancellor
Lux Tenebris Vincet

A copy was also sent to the Co-Chancellors.

Your Majesty, I would wish to propose my minitry plan to you. With the expansion of our colonial empire, and our empire in general, there are needs for goods from the New World increases, especially as we disover more and more of valuable merchandise. That's why I think it would be good if we put more skilled merchants in the area. This should boos our trade income ever so slightly, but as they say: Every ducat counts.

I would also like to petition the Grand Admiral to build eight more trade ships and order them to patrol trade in the Genoa trade node, our main trading ports can never be too well protected! And more ships for carrying goods won't hurt, either.

I'm also very gald to hear that there are some plans regarding the important coastal city of Genoa. I wanted to proposed that we send an ultimatum to the Savoyards, but from the news that I have heard coming from the Chancellory, such plans are already made.

I think that would be all for now, thank you for hearing me out.

(( Grandmaster plan:
- Place a mechant in Panama.
- Build 8 light ships and place them in Genoa.
- Threathen war for Genoa. (Yes, I know it's not part of Grandmaster's duty, and I'm aware that it's part of Chancellors plan [I think, the whle co-chancellors thing is making me a tad confused], that is why I'm putting it here as well.))

JpsioAG.png

If we are to take their gold mines off their hands for their own good, we must be careful which ones we claim. Reports say that the Cuscoans have six gold mines. I believe it unwise to take the two northern ones in Cusco and Huancavelica, for the first is their capital and the second would see their kingdom split in half. The one in Puno would be the best choice. There are also three much farther south that might do, but we should avoid asking for all three for it will also cut off Cusco from their southern lands. If we colonize the nearby coastline, we should have access to those lands.

((I'm not sure what three gold provinces you're referring to, since they have more than that. Also I can't give them Quito's lands with cores in an event, since we don't own them. We'd have to take them in a war and hand them over to Cusco. The rest seems feasible.))

((what I meant was something like owner = "Hispania and has_core = "Quito". That is we own it, but it was Quito land previously. Also, I agree with 2 gold provinces.))

((I realise this is a bit late, sorry wz and hira- but I just noticed the absences))

In recognition for his great service to the realm in the already famed Battle of the 5 Generals, I wish to appoint Almudena Hashem as Marshal to the Realm ((congrats @hirahammad a nice variety of roles for your character in their lifetime)). Furthermore, for his great skill and endurance in charting God's green Earth, I appoint Robert Johann Lübecker as Grand Admiral to the Realm ((congrats @wzhang29 )). Furthermore, I feel in recognition for his familes deep connection to the realm, I appoint Duc Louis Francois de Montsegér as Viceroy to Cusco ((Congrats @alscon , hf with your petition now :p))

An imperial decree letter by PM Juan II Francesco Michael de Soneta of Hispania

((P.s to all curious, I will continue to use my character's birth name if speaking politically, but in all other incidences, from voting to matters of state, I am Pope Francis, hope that clears up why I used Juan not Pope Francis :) ))

((Both hirahammad and wzhang29 are already viceroys and thus can't serve as marshal or grand admiral respectively because the positions are not related. Either they have to resign from their former positions to take the new ones or you can give them more viceroy positions instead.))

((what I meant was something like owner = "Hispania and has_core = "Quito". That is we own it, but it was Quito land previously. Also, I agree with 2 gold provinces.))

((Ah, so we'd trigger the event after taking the provinces?))

((This IC takes place before 1632, fyi.))

As Marshal of the Realm, I order as many regiments and mercenaries recruited as possible (within economic restraints) to increase the capital's defensive forces, as there is credible evidence in support of a threat to the imperial family and the court. All existing military units are to be placed on high alert for suspicious activities, and all traffic into and out of Valencia are to be inspected by guards until further notice.

~Hernando Francisco de Leon, Conde de Leon and Marshal of the Realm

((Both hirahammad and wzhang29 are already viceroys and thus can't serve as marshal or grand admiral respectively because the positions are not related. Either they have to resign from their former positions to take the new ones or you can give them more viceroy positions instead.))

((Ah, so we'd trigger the event after taking the provinces?))

((Yes, that would be the plan))

((This IC takes place before 1632, fyi.))

As Marshal of the Realm, I order as many regiments and mercenaries recruited as possible (within economic restraints) to increase the capital's defensive forces, as there is credible evidence in support of a threat to the imperial family and the court. All existing military units are to be placed on high alert for suspicious activities, and all traffic into and out of Valencia are to be inspected by guards until further notice.

~Hernando Francisco de Leon, Conde de Leon and Marshal of the Realm

((Technically we're in 1630, so all IC is before 1632. And I thought you retired. :p))

JpsioAG.png

I do not believe creating a second army to be stationed in Valencia, especially with no new recruits to be found, is feasible at the moment. We already have a force dedicated to the defence of myself and the capital, La Guàrdia Real, that could be bolstered instead. Either that, or the city's fortification and garrison could be increased.

((There's supposed to be an RP force defending the imperial family and capital at all times. It'd make sense to treat them as protecting the city.))

Almudena resigned as Viceroy to Nuevas Baleares to take on the job of Marshal.

((I resign as viceroy to become marshal))

He had sent a letter to the Lisboan countess, but he still waited for an answer. The Chancellory had been very busy while his father was there, and now with three Co-Chancellors roaming the place, it was likely that it could take a while. But word was that they still prepared their deal. He couldn't let that happen. It's not the matter of the Chancellory any more, but his.

myKh8vJ.png

I wish to stop the enthusiasm and work put into a possible deal with Cusco, as it can be better invested. As I explained to Condesa de Maia, I do not see any need for something like that. You can all read the letter to see my reasons in detail ((consider it public)). As Viceroy of Cusco, I will not allow this to continue.

((Technically we're in 1630, so all IC is before 1632. And I thought you retired. :p))

JpsioAG.png

I do not believe creating a second army to be stationed in Valencia, especially with no new recruits to be found, is feasible at the moment. We already have a force dedicated to the defence of myself and the capital, La Guàrdia Real, that could be bolstered instead. Either that, or the city's fortification and garrison could be increased.

((There's supposed to be an RP force defending the imperial family and capital at all times. It'd make sense to treat them as protecting the city.))
((I don't recall stating that my character retired in his death post. Where did I imply that?))
Very well then, I shall get to work on building up the La Guardia Real and the city's fortifications and garrisons.
Also, I support Almudena's candidacy for Marshal of the Realm. My grandson Marti is still young and has much to learn before becoming marshal.

((I don't recall stating that my character retired in his death post. Where did I imply that?))

((I guess I got confused because you wrote up a post about his future death as though you were retiring him and moving on to a new character. :confused:))