• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Palfouri

Colonel
26 Badges
Jul 25, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Played a few games now, noticed that in every one India stays a static blob that never changes and that doesn't interact with the outside world at all. Like it doesn't matter if it's there or not. What was even the point?

They fight off the Muslims pretty well!

Inclined to agree though haha, they never seem interested in going further than the Khyber Pass, and they don't seem particularly aggressive to anyone conquering the east side of the pass unless they're Muslim, at which point every Hindu ruler goes Holy-War on them. :laugh:

... Which is actually pretty historically accurate.

Played a few games now, noticed that in every one India stays a static blob that never changes and that doesn't interact with the outside world at all. Like it doesn't matter if it's there or not. What was even the point?

Is this a bad thing? If the Indian realms expanded well into Persia or even to Mesopotamia, people would rage about how unreasonable and ahistorical that would be :laugh:

Is this a bad thing? If the Indian realms expanded well into Persia or even to Mesopotamia, people would rage about how unreasonable and ahistorical that would be :laugh:
It does rather support the argument that including India, especially all of it, in SWMH really isn't that important though ;)

Obviously it's marketed towards people that actually want to play as India. If you're not one of those people, it won't do a lot.

I honestly just purchased it because I love the game, as somewhat of a financial injection for Paradox. I'll probably never play as India. :p

Obviously it's marketed towards people that actually want to play as India. If you're not one of those people, it won't do a lot.

I honestly just purchased it because I love the game, as somewhat of a financial injection for Paradox. I'll probably never play as India. :p
Ironically, I don't see myself playing outside of India anymore :D

Playing in India is fun. Though my favorite part of the expansion is that the map extension did much to fix how squashed the easternmost borders looked. I like SWMH (though I usually use Immersion), and while there's a case for not including all of India, I do think it would be a shame to not use enough to fix the Iranian and Central Asian frontiers. I do hope as much as possible is included, though. I have a soft spot for the Pala Empire.

Playing in India is fun. Though my favorite part of the expansion is that the map extension did much to fix how squashed the easternmost borders looked. I like SWMH (though I usually use Immersion), and while there's a case for not including all of India, I do think it would be a shame to not use enough to fix the Iranian and Central Asian frontiers. I do hope as much as possible is included, though. I have a soft spot for the Pala Empire.
All of Persia proper will definitely be included. The only real question is how much of the Indian subcontinent will be included.

As Meneth said pretty much the entire Iranian world will be included, and most of what you see in Central Asia actually including the Tarim Basin, if my memory of SWMH's plans for their projection serve me right.

It's like real india! Isn't that what everyone wants? Historical game where nothing is ahistorical?

In one of my games a Indian character somehow took over the Abbasid Caliphate (He was a new random character too somehow) and went on to conquer most of the Arabian Empire. When they were finally overthrown by a decadent revolt a new character with the same Indian culture took over. Now most of Egypt is somehow Sindhi and Bedouin/Egyptian/Levantine rulers are very rare.

Honestly, you just described what SoI effectively became to me after a time. I mean, it's one of those things I'm glad is there and simulating away in my grand strategy monster, but Muslim play fails to hold my interest.

HOWEVER, my jury's still out on RoI (and will remain so for a few weeks), and RoI offers a lot of fun opportunities for spicing-up the East in general (and when the SWMH crew gets around to it, seriously correcting some long-standing cartographic holes/misrepresentations). As the previous poster just described, a lasting Indian conquest of the Levant is not impossible. Crusade for Jerusalem, you say? :D

In one of my games a Indian character somehow took over the Abbasid Caliphate (He was a new random character too somehow) and went on to conquer most of the Arabian Empire. When they were finally overthrown by a decadent revolt a new character with the same Indian culture took over. Now most of Egypt is somehow Sindhi and Bedouin/Egyptian/Levantine rulers are very rare.

I'd actually kind of like to see that.