• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So let me get this straight, you want to make a pony mod for a game where the main mechanic is to marry and have children? You want to make a pony breeding sim? What is wrong with you people.

I was under the impression CK2's main mechanic was stabbing your vassals before they stabbed you. Are we playing the same game here?

Reactions:
I was under the impression CK2's main mechanic was stabbing your vassals before they stabbed you. Are we playing the same game here?
It's both. The goal of the game is to keep your family line going for as long as possible and make it as powerful as you can, which is usually accomplished by murdering the fuck out of everyone above or around you in rank.

So obviously, a game based around murder and sex fits well into the grimdark world of My Little Pony.

Love and tolerance, my friend. And if needed, we will use force.

Lots of it.

Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my friendship.

75753__safe_princess-luna_tank_warhammer-40k_artist-yavaho155_drive-me-closer_leman-russ.png

Need pony invasion mod.

So let me get this straight, you want to make a pony mod for a game where the main mechanic is to marry and have children? You want to make a pony breeding sim? What is wrong with you people.
So, you play a game to breed humans, and you think its weird to breed horses? Seems reasonable.

Reactions:
Love and tolerance, my friend. And if needed, we will use force.

Lots of it.

You do know that term is never once uttered in the show, correct?
So, you play a game to breed humans, and you think its weird to breed horses? Seems reasonable.
Yes. It's significantly less weird for historical/semi-historical people to have sex and have kids than cartoon horses too, especially if it's human/cartoon horse sex. There's plenty or art and fan fics for that stuff if you want that, but no need to make a mod out of it.

It's both. The goal of the game is to keep your family line going for as long as possible and make it as powerful as you can, which is usually accomplished by murdering the fuck out of everyone above or around you in rank.

So obviously, a game based around murder and sex fits well into the grimdark world of My Little Pony.

Its the clash of tone that makes it funny. No one is going to take the characters of My Little Pony invading the medieval world and/or murdering one another in a bid for power seriously. And the actions that take place in-game are no less horrifying because a cartoon horse is doing it rather than a cartoon human.

Also sex doesn't really come into it. Unless abstracted dynastic politics arouses you.

EDIT: Though come to think of it you would have to ensure that ponies and humans couldn't get married. That'd just be wierd.

Edit 2: Anyway all this bickering is getting us nowhere. Does anyone actually have the skill and wherewithal to advance this, or are we all just bandying about an amusing idea?

Last edited:
Edit 2: Anyway all this bickering is getting us nowhere. Does anyone actually have the skill and wherewithal to advance this, or are we all just bandying about an amusing idea?
I started messing around with making flags (which, admittedly, is step #843 in the mod-making process), but I'm currently insanely busy with school work.

Yes. It's significantly less weird for historical/semi-historical people to have sex and have kids than cartoon horses too, especially if it's human/cartoon horse sex. There's plenty or art and fan fics for that stuff if you want that, but no need to make a mod out of it.

Who say we want to mod some human-horse sex? Sweet Celestia, once someone mention to do a mod about fun and adorable cartoon, and they think you're some kind of pervert thinking of f***ing horses... C'mon! Get some serious!

I'm the one against adding ponies into human's world, that's why I'd like to have no-human Equestria mod. I'm aware of mechanics in CK2 that might be troublesome for this kind world, were "Friendship is Magic", so as Love and Tolerance should be seen everywhere. But being honest - ponies are ABLE to be aggressive, possessive, wroth, mad... to have rivals and enemies just like friends. Ponies are also born and die like people. Even magical Equestria is not that wonderful world - sometimes plagues happen, diseases spread. And when we go pre-Celestia times with it, it's seems to be even more common!

So don't say ponies can't suit to CK2. And we would like to see a mod like this, while not being perverts.

...Or Cupcakes fans, neither!

Last edited:
So what is our final idea? Since we have 3 major ideas.

1: Replace Aztecs with Ponies
2: Exspand current map (like adding America as suggested before) and putting the ponies on the new island.
3: Total convertion of map.

I personally would like to see 2 or 3 but I am leaning towards 2 since I think ponies interacting with humans would be funny and some great events could be wrote for that. But 3 would let us do a lot more in mythology so amybe 3... I am undecided.

Its the clash of tone that makes it funny. No one is going to take the characters of My Little Pony invading the medieval world and/or murdering one another in a bid for power seriously. And the actions that take place in-game are no less horrifying because a cartoon horse is doing it rather than a cartoon human.
It's really creepy though if you ask me, and that's without asking the many questions of how this hypothetical mod would even work, unless you wanna go the Vicky 2 mod route and just give the ponies a bunch of absurd, game-breaking bonuses.
Cupcakes.

howtoshootyourownargumentinthefoot.jpg

If we want a real example of pony's inhu...ponity... to pony, I'd suggest Fallout: Equestria over that droll Cupcake fic.

Or if you want a medieval-like example, there is a Dragon Age: Origins fic I believe is Pony Age: Origins.

If we want a real example of pony's inhu...ponity... to pony, I'd suggest Fallout: Equestria over that droll Cupcake fic.

Or if you want a medieval-like example, there is a Dragon Age: Origins fic I believe is Pony Age: Origins.

But that's fanfiction. Not from the actual show. By that logic I could write a story about why ponies are horrible, vicious, incestuous murderers right in these very comments, and that would be all the justification needed for you.

But that's fanfiction. Not from the actual show. By that logic I could write a story about why ponies are horrible, vicious, incestuous murderers right in these very comments, and that would be all the justification needed for you.
You want evidence from the show to "justify" a Equestria mod for CKII? Fine.

S2Ep11 Hearth's Warming Eve shows a portrayal of Equestria before the time of the Princesses. During this time the Earth Ponies, Pegasi, and Unicorns lived in a precarious balance, not really trusting each other. The Earth Ponies grew food, in exchange the Pegasi controlled the weather and the Unicorns raised and lowered the sun and moon every day. None of the three tribes trust each other, and the moment the weather takes a turn for the worse, they all start blaming each other and vow to set off and found their own separate states.

Sounds a whole lot like feudalism. And all that that implies.

Despite it being a kid's show, Faust and team have created a (somewhat) logical world with an actual backstory and mythology. They haven't shied away from portraying or implying less than pleasant topics such as racism, taking advantage of polite people, or being a social outcast.

To be fair, there are parts of the MLP:FiM fandom that are disgusting and disturbing, but ponyfying a historical grand strategy game isn't one of them.