• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I woul not say Equestria is based off of America due to the fact that the map we currently have of it does not look like America.

Check again - and this time use your imagination. If can't, then take both map of the USA and Equestria, and start checking - where is Baltimare, Fillydelphia, Manehattan and compare with Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York localization. Then Vanhoover/Vancouver, next would be Las Pegasus/Las Vegas, Neighagra Falls/Niagara Falls, Haysead Swamps/Florida, Dodge City/Dallas...

Of course terrain is harder to compare (Badlands where Gulf of Mexico should be, mountains, etc...). That's what would need some compromise - or more work to do with the map.

Also I believe Equestria may be multiple islands due to there being a town named Trottingham.

IIRC, there was told that this map isn't finished, so Trottingham still can be somewhere in here.

I think it should start with three separate countries like in the hearth warming eve episode, the pegasi, earth pony and unicorns. Also Equestria should probably be an empire level title you can make only if you hold all three of the kingdom titles of the three original pony kingdoms.

Yeap, that's what I was thinking about :)

Also I think ponies should gain a trait while married to a human that greatly decreases their fertiality due to the species boundries. I know really there should be no chance of children but I can't help but feel that is a little boring and for fun sakes perhaps should be overlooked slightly.

I don't think there should be human... We should really have this mod a "total conversion" one. So only Ponies, Griffons, Zebras, Buffaloes, etc. But you're somewhat right about infertile marriages, i.e. between Pony and Griffon, or Buffalo (Zebra might be "compatible" with, though ;)).

Yes, I suppose you do have a few points there.

Suggestion involving details from Season 3 so spoiler.
Also, we have the Chrystal Empire in the frozen north of Equestria. Which means we also have crystal ponies. I thought perhaps we could do that with the frozen north being made of multiple counties all of which interdependent from one another and then the counties being de june of the duchy of the frozen north which is the only duchy which is de june of the kingdom title "Crystal Empire" Which starts out as a single county within the frozen north.

Also Crystal ponies, any ideas what to do with them?

Also a Changeling Kingdom would be pretty good. I thought of how to do this, a trait you can give yourself or which might be given to your children if one of the parents is a changeling or has the trait. A Changeling trait which gives you a bonus to intrigue and diplomacy but it should work with events that if you are discovered and outed then you get a pretty big negative opinion and lose the intrigue and diplomacy bonus from it. Perhaps if you are outed your portrait changes, I am not sure if that is possible but with the ability to change them for blinding people from the LoR then it might. I am not sure how changelings would work if not born disguised like my idea for a trait would cover.

I'd like a replacer for Aztecs, so I can defend my lands against waves of blood-thirsty ponies ! That would make about as much sense anyway :D

But seriously, I'd play it for the fun aspect.

I kept thinking about this all day. Dunno why.

"The God-Emperor Celestia has converted our king to Bronyism! He preaches heretical things like LOVE and TOLERANCE! Truly these ponies are a formidable opponent to test our strength and will!

[To arms!]"

Next event:

"The king has gone on and on about this new wave of 'love' and 'tolerance', it couldn't hurt to see what the fuss is about...

[It's surprisingly good. *character converts*]
[It's the Devil's spawn! *-20 relations*]
[I've got more important things to do!]"

I'd like a replacer for Aztecs, so I can defend my lands against waves of blood-thirsty ponies ! That would make about as much sense anyway :D

But seriously, I'd play it for the fun aspect.

That's something we can think about later (I'd like to see total conversion mod as our primary), but after we could deal with some graphics and shaped Pony mechanics.

The problem is that we could probably not be able to play Ponies when they would replace Aztecs in Europe. And even if (would need events giving land, separate bookmark for those who'd like to play Ponies only, playable Pony religion is rather the least of those problems), such play might not be that good.

* Spoiler *

That's what to do. There are Crystal Mountains in the north, where Canada is, and maps of America I've seen contains provinces in there ;)

Also a Changeling Kingdom would be pretty good. I thought of how to do this, a trait you can give yourself or which might be given to your children if one of the parents is a changeling or has the trait. A Changeling trait which gives you a bonus to intrigue and diplomacy but it should work with events that if you are discovered and outed then you get a pretty big negative opinion and lose the intrigue and diplomacy bonus from it. Perhaps if you are outed your portrait changes, I am not sure if that is possible but with the ability to change them for blinding people from the LoR then it might. I am not sure how changelings would work if not born disguised like my idea for a trait would cover.

Well, renaming bastard to changeling should work. Events can contain culture (species) change, but it might not affect portrait at first (graphical_culture, don't know if can be changed as well).

But then what's with legit bastards? Accepted changeling "She's not my daughter like I thought, but she can stay"...? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. :confused: But any offers for resolving that are pleased...

Maybe Changeling Kingdom with Mongol mechanics? What else could be?

And some ideas for Discord - as we're considering early Equestria times (pre-Celestia and pre-Discord), would there also be something like an invasion events for him?

Also I think ponies should gain a trait while married to a human that greatly decreases their fertiality due to the species boundries. I know really there should be no chance of children but I can't help but feel that is a little boring and for fun sakes perhaps should be overlooked slightly.

Oh wow, have to chuckle a little bit here. I don't think that human-pony inter-species boinking and resultant half-ponies is quite what we want to promote in bronyism.

And some ideas for Discord - as we're considering early Equestria times (pre-Celestia and pre-Discord), would there also be something like an invasion events for him?
Interesting, if he worked like the aztec and an army randomly appeared on one county in Equestria and invaded. Perhaps later on some events about Luna and Celestia using the elements to defeat him which would cause the destruction of the empire level title he held causing all the counties and duchys he had in his empire to be distributed and all the dukes and the indipendant counts to be made indipendant meaning Equestria would have to clean itself up after discord.

Also if it is going to be based off of America, we have to do a lot of name changes to fit ponies and ones we can not get to fit we rename to be something pony like, such as canterlot, trottingham etc. Since Equestria having a mix of American and British towns sounds like the best thing to do, since it means we can replace names which are imposable to make, fit.

ALso I was thinking, if you have a lot of negative opinions within your vassels or nabouring indipendant realms then the posibility of an event chain happening involving them and yourself where a winter starts strangely and it is rumoured to be due to windigos. This would give a negative affect to all holdings in the affected counties such as tax and perhaps revolt risk. About half a year later another event triggers which says you and enemies decide to put aside your diffrences for the sake of your lands and it gives a +75 opinion to all involved or something?

I could probably think of a lot more events but, I have no clue how to mod Crusader Kings but if it means helping witht his I will try and learn the basics so I can help do my part.

Last edited:
I'll be perfectly honest here.

I hope you guys go the "Equestria is an island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean" route just so I can put Ponies and Touhous in the same mod and watch them fight.

Interesting, if he worked like the aztec and an army randomly appeared on one county in Equestria and invaded. Perhaps later on some events about Luna and Celestia using the elements to defeat him which would cause the destruction of the empire level title he held causing all the counties and duchys he had in his empire to be distributed and all the dukes and the indipendant counts to be made indipendant meaning Equestria would have to clean itself up after discord.

But Discord would need to tumble more than just single provinces, I think, that's why Horde mechanics doesn't seem suitable enough for him. Well, maybe it would need some special modifiers for the time when he'll come.

Also if it is going to be based off of America, we have to do a lot of name changes to fit ponies and ones we can not get to fit we rename to be something pony like, such as canterlot, trottingham etc. Since Equestria having a mix of American and British towns sounds like the best thing to do, since it means we can replace names which are imposable to make, fit.

Using someone's map is much better than starting one from scratch. Renaming is the easiest easier part we would have to do. Much more scary would be any of terrain editing...

Also I was thinking, if you have a lot of negative opinions within your vassels or nabouring indipendant realms then the posibility of an event chain happening involving them and yourself where a winter starts strangely and it is rumoured to be due to windigos. This would give a negative affect to all holdings in the affected counties such as tax and perhaps revolt risk. About half a year later another event triggers which says you and enemies decide to put aside your diffrences for the sake of your lands and it gives a +75 opinion to all involved or something?

It's possible to do.

I could probably think of a lot more events but, I have no clue how to mod Crusader Kings but if it means helping witht his I will try and learn the basics so I can help do my part.

Don't worry, I know only basic things, comparing to other, much more experienced modders :) And those basics are not enough for our needs. I'd like to work on it, but I have no time for other, smaller mod I'm taking care of, so what about total conversion mod I imagined.

It's a flipping mod idea, so saying that they are forcing anything on anyone is completely retarded.
I feel that the Paradox Forum community is getting worse than the TW community, which is horrible.

It is if this influx of le epic meme threads and pony mods is anything to go by. But whatever, I'm not bothered by a pony mod, I'll just ignore it.

I feel that the Paradox Forum community is getting worse than the TW community, which is horrible.
People are tired of stupid memes. Any sane adult with a life feels this way.

I'm tired of going to a gun range and seeing stupid hipsters shooting zombie targets and saying "i'm practicing for the zombie apocalypse" with their eyes closed in an ultra smug memevoice. Also tired of the people who live on the internet and live and die by memes, their live is literally a meme which is sad.

Why am I tired of this? Because i'm an adult. Tired of these people in their 20s who have child minds and live in mom's basement and can barely run their lives. Its like the concept of what is a child has been extended 10 years, its even codified in law now with people being allowed to be on their parents insurance until they are 28.

What? I'm confused. Since when did my statement have anything with memes to do? Is there a meme floating around this forum that goes (almost) like that? If that is so I have missed it or I haven't fully been paying attention to it and been subconsciously inspired by it.
I was simply stating how horrible I feel that most of the Paradox forum community is and how horrible I feel that the TWC community is (mostly because people being full of entitlement and random people just hating on things that makes absolutely no sense, people do not even try to see things from a different point of view or actually come with constructive criticism instead of just plain old criticism).

Its like the concept of what is a child has been extended 10 years, its even codified in law now with people being allowed to be on their parents insurance until they are 28.
Can we please keep politics out of this? The Victoria 2 mod thread is thankfully free of random hate posts and it would be great if both posters and the mods keep that standard.

Anyway, I'm a bit busy with the Victoria 2 mod right now, but I'm willing to help out. I can help with map modding or art for event pictures if need be.

You got my support on this one if it happens, don't let anyone pull ya down.

Like so?

twizmp9r.png

Twilight's got some stats on her.

It would be altogether right and proper for the creation of an Equestria Mod for CKII.