• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hiramas

Sergeant
45 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines
I will rework this post after the patch, stay tuned

Greetings everyone,

a few people had the idea to try to collect all the wishes and suggestions into an organized list and I decided to try it. I hope you support this endeavor and reply with your suggestions and wishes.

Let's try to agree on a few rules:
- Please only post your suggestion in this thread, I think we should keep this thread clean and move the discussion about the suggestions to their respective threads.
- If your suggestion has it's own discussion already, post the link and I will add it to the list.
- Please try to sort your suggestion into one of the existing categories or suggest a new category for the list.
- I would like suggestions about the best way to permanently collect support for the various suggestions and wishes.

Edit: There is also this Idea Box page, if that is the preferred way to gather ideas for the community, I suggest to use it: http://citiesskylines.ideascale.com/

Categories

Basic Simulation

UI, Sound and Game Mechanics

Tech and Engine

Modding and STEAM Workshop

• Traffic Simulation in the Asset Editor
  • Road modding
  • Better Workshop organization
  • Asset Manager filters and organization
  • Pictures of modded buildings in the game
  • Left-hand driving in the asset editor

Zoned Buildings - Types and Styles

Residential

Commercial

• -
  • -
  • -

Industry

• Area effects for specialized industry ( e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • ^ Bigger industry buildings in the specialized industry (e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • Longer, more interesting production chains
  • High-Tech industry specialization

Offices

• -
  • -
  • -

Functional Buildings

• Modular, extendable Buildings
  • -
  • -

Water

Power

• -
  • -
  • -

Health- and Deathcare

• -
  • -
  • -

Education

Police and Fire

• -
  • -
  • -

Garbage

• Zoneable or Extendable Landfills
  • "Greener" way to get rid of garbage.
  • -

Parks and Decoration

Districts and district policies

Roads, Roadtypes and related things

Mass Transit

Busses

• Bus lanes
  • Long range bus stations for tourists
  • -

Trains

• Larger train stations
  • Train stations with multiple connections (bus, metro)
  • Elevated Stations
  • Different types of elevated structures (steel, concrete, brick)
  • Underground tracks and stations
  • Traintrack soundwalls

Metro

• Overground/Elevated Metro including stations
  • -

Airport

Harbor

• Bigger harbors
  • Modular harbors
  • Harbor waterfront [CONSIDERED]
  • -

Other concepts

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
My litte future wishlist:
  1. middle dense residential zone and just one family in low residential houses or two in double/raw houses
  2. local budget management for public buildings
  3. funny Cim behaviour: worker strike for low budget in public buildings, car accdents, wild teenagers throwing toilet paper and eggs at buildings
  4. funny desasters like aliens or monsters
  5. Social classes aka poverty, snobish manor areas etc
You guys will be probably familiar with this features from the old sims city 4 game. But i'm missing them so much.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Suggestions:
  • Fishing Industry, as its own specialized district a la the Industries DLC.
  • Convention Centers DLC, allow us to create SDCC/Dragon*Con-like convention areas like the University/Park, Zoo Life DLC
    • Hotels
    • Convention Centers/Halls
    • Restaurants, Aquariums
    • More Museum Options
    • Making use of already available, modded parking garage/lot assets.
  • Office Specializations:
    • Call Center/Customer-focused; for example, look at USAA/Wells Fargo Campuses in San Antonio, TX, TTec HQ in Englewood, CO, and call centers in the Philippines.
    • Journalist/Broadcast; for example, look at CNN in Atlanta, GA, 30 Rockefeller Plaza in Manhattan, NY where MSNBC is HQ'd. This can also include print journalism, like NYTimes or Washington Post-like offices.
  • Commercial DLC:
    • Culinary, focusing on food truck parks, restaurants, farmers markets. Better if made modular, and getting boosts from the organic/local specialization, and vice versa. Allow the policies of non-GMO to be implemented into the city as well.
This wraps up my suggestions for this post, if I have any more I'll either come back and edit or post another list. :D

• 4Like
Reactions:
I have made many suggestions in this forum- but my biggest would be car ferries (suggested by many, many, many players across many different websites), private boats, water taxis, water police proper seasons, underground walkways, more train options and a distinction between fresh water and salt water, also, IT industry (e.g. phone towers, server farms, DNS servers, etc.)

Unique buildings should actually do something (something I already explained in a different thread), and we have Chinatowns, we should also have Little Italys, complete with the unique building of a Roman style forum, and Greektown, complete with the unique building of an Agora

'Work from home policy'. Just like in real life how governments can encourage companies to make their employees work from home for various reasons (i.e. reducing traffic, environmental reasons, preventing the spread of contagious diseases etc.), a policy option could be created to do the same ingame.

The major benefit of this would be that the amount of active agents that need to be simulated in the game is going to be reduced, making either it easier on the CPU to simulate a populaton at a comparable city size or to increase the potential of the population size somewhat beyond what is practically possible now.

Last edited:
This is my big one:
I'm not sure what to call this...but let's go with: "Modular/Procedural Buildings with Snap-to Nodes"...
You may very well be working towards this based on the Airports DLC...

Example uses:
  • Placing/snapping certain buildings next to each other actually connects their ground floors.
    • Cluster of residential/office buildings with a retail front on 1st floor
    • Large parking garage snaps to back of a skyscraper
  • Build an elevated walkway over a road that connects mezzanine levels of 2 skyscrapers , by clicking 2 nodes on the buildings.
  • A monorail/metro/train/tram stop that can be snapped to a big building downtown.
  • A downtown "Base Building" the size of a with car garage entrance and exit, different transport nodes, nodes on front that you can snap various retail shops to, nodes on top that you can snap any mix of tower buildings to.
  • A 'Strip Mall' style building network that you can snap various retail to.
  • A park/hangout area that people actually use snapped on to an ugly flat roof, creates a staircase or elevator into building.
  • Helipads on roofs that actually work as stops.
Currently I simulate these things with Procedural Objects and Anarchy...but it always feels like i'm one step away from breaking something.

If you need a tester holla :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, thank you for this contribution Hirama! I posted a new thread about a possible Firefighting Update, but I'm currently unable to post links here, I can't explain why... Either way just to let you know! When I get home I'm going to try posting again the link!

Hello, thank you for this contribution Hirama! I posted a new thread about a possible Firefighting Update, but I'm currently unable to post links here, I can't explain why... Either way just to let you know! When I get home I'm going to try posting again the link!

New accounts cannot post links. It's to reduce spamming. I'm not sure if it is time or a certain minimum number of posts required before you can post links. (I think the latter, but like I said, I'm not sure.)

Edit: Missing ")".

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would love to see functional canal locks and inland industrial harbor assets so that we can take advantage of the canals for industry. I live along the Ohio River and see lots of commercial barge traffic (all industrial based, hauling goods ranging from coal, rock, agricultural, and even manufactured industrial goods). I think it would add another level of detail and challenge to the game.

Small, medium, and large variations of
  • Education
    • Schools (elementary, 'middle', and high)
    • libraries
  • Fire and police departments
  • Health/deathcare
  • (Placeable) Parks
for schools specifically, the coverage radius and student capacity would see increases.
Others have also brought up that the zoning needs to be overhauled, and I could not agree more.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I will rework this post after the patch, stay tuned

Greetings everyone,

a few people had the idea to try to collect all the wishes and suggestions into an organized list and I decided to try it. I hope you support this endeavor and reply with your suggestions and wishes.

Let's try to agree on a few rules:
- Please only post your suggestion in this thread, I think we should keep this thread clean and move the discussion about the suggestions to their respective threads.
- If your suggestion has it's own discussion already, post the link and I will add it to the list.
- Please try to sort your suggestion into one of the existing categories or suggest a new category for the list.
- I would like suggestions about the best way to permanently collect support for the various suggestions and wishes.

Edit: There is also this Idea Box page, if that is the preferred way to gather ideas for the community, I suggest to use it: http://citiesskylines.ideascale.com/

Categories

Basic Simulation

UI, Sound and Game Mechanics

Tech and Engine

Modding and STEAM Workshop

• Traffic Simulation in the Asset Editor
  • Road modding
  • Better Workshop organization
  • Asset Manager filters and organization
  • Pictures of modded buildings in the game
  • Left-hand driving in the asset editor

Zoned Buildings - Types and Styles

Residential

Commercial

• -
  • -
  • -

Industry

• Area effects for specialized industry ( e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • ^ Bigger industry buildings in the specialized industry (e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • Longer, more interesting production chains
  • High-Tech industry specialization

Offices

• -
  • -
  • -

Functional Buildings

• Modular, extendable Buildings
  • -
  • -

Water

Power

• -
  • -
  • -

Health- and Deathcare

• -
  • -
  • -

Education

Police and Fire

• -
  • -
  • -

Garbage

• Zoneable or Extendable Landfills
  • "Greener" way to get rid of garbage.
  • -

Parks and Decoration

Districts and district policies

Roads, Roadtypes and related things

Mass Transit

Busses

• Bus lanes
  • Long range bus stations for tourists
  • -

Trains

• Larger train stations
  • Train stations with multiple connections (bus, metro)
  • Elevated Stations
  • Underground tracks and stations
  • Traintrack soundwalls

Metro

• Overground/Elevated Metro including stations
  • -

Airport

Harbor

• Bigger harbors
  • Modular harbors
  • Harbor waterfront [CONSIDERED]
  • -

Other concepts

I have a whole list here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/new-cities-skylines-update-ideas.1538434/

For new disasters ideas: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/list-of-new-disasters-to-add.1538433/

Hello,

I have been playing for years and years cities skylines

now with the new addon Plazas and Promenades i see that i even can support a 34 thousand cims in my pc

The problem is Pathunits

Pathunits standard is about 230.000

The problem is with more plazas going with more tourist and everything coming to my city with my city i have like 526.000 pathunits and i m on limit now (obviously with a mod).

Getting a city only 34 thousand cims it's like the beggining of the city that sustain really my appreciation about the game

What is a 34 thousand people city? nothing

I suggest that on the next patch update you should review this problem there are people concerned about that ( So do i)

Error:
Path Units used has hit 95% of available amount. Current: 523230 Available: 524288 This is a game limit, not a mod limit, once you run out of path units vehicles will no longer be able to find paths. You could try running the "More Path Units" mod by algernon to increase the available path units for the game.

Hope you can solve the problem

Regards
Miguel

Hi, big fan on console.

I'd like to see scales and styles in civic buildings. The awesome large schools, police/fire/hospital/university are great. Can you please include town halls, court houses, admin buildings, road main./park main./etc. in a similar scale?

The beach town DLC was great adding in the right police and fire stations to match. How about the rest of the buildings? Cathedral/Churches of various sizes, suburban/urban styles. It looks so funky building a suburb to have these giant service buildings (or none at all since the unique buildings are all used in the central urban portion).

Understand everyone is asking for medium density, which would be great. Saving Commercial buildings as historic when expanding often leave them abandoned. Kind of annoying to also have them max out and just turn into larger buildings - looking at you University City.

Also, since we can choose the trees for roads (which is really great, thanks for that), why can't we also choose them for the local parks, football/soccer stadium, and other plop able buildings?

Perhaps also a policy to double commercial and industrial output/jobs? Difficult to create a smaller/medium sized city when you have to dedicate so much for these zones.

Anyways, thanks for all the additions, enjoy creating cities on this game. More maps & more buildings please!

Airports which allow for budget airlines. Right now, all gates at the airport use aerobridges, but in real life, budget airlines and smaller airports are more likely to use stairs to board and alight passengers. Further, sometimes smaller, regional airlines will have a gate right at the terminal, but other times, regional planes will be parked a bit away, with a minibus to drive you to your gate. That should be an option too

• 1Like
Reactions: