• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hiramas

Sergeant
45 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines
I will rework this post after the patch, stay tuned

Greetings everyone,

a few people had the idea to try to collect all the wishes and suggestions into an organized list and I decided to try it. I hope you support this endeavor and reply with your suggestions and wishes.

Let's try to agree on a few rules:
- Please only post your suggestion in this thread, I think we should keep this thread clean and move the discussion about the suggestions to their respective threads.
- If your suggestion has it's own discussion already, post the link and I will add it to the list.
- Please try to sort your suggestion into one of the existing categories or suggest a new category for the list.
- I would like suggestions about the best way to permanently collect support for the various suggestions and wishes.

Edit: There is also this Idea Box page, if that is the preferred way to gather ideas for the community, I suggest to use it: http://citiesskylines.ideascale.com/

Categories

Basic Simulation

UI, Sound and Game Mechanics

Tech and Engine

Modding and STEAM Workshop

• Traffic Simulation in the Asset Editor
  • Road modding
  • Better Workshop organization
  • Asset Manager filters and organization
  • Pictures of modded buildings in the game
  • Left-hand driving in the asset editor

Zoned Buildings - Types and Styles

Residential

Commercial

• -
  • -
  • -

Industry

• Area effects for specialized industry ( e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • ^ Bigger industry buildings in the specialized industry (e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • Longer, more interesting production chains
  • High-Tech industry specialization

Offices

• -
  • -
  • -

Functional Buildings

• Modular, extendable Buildings
  • -
  • -

Water

Power

• -
  • -
  • -

Health- and Deathcare

• -
  • -
  • -

Education

Police and Fire

• -
  • -
  • -

Garbage

• Zoneable or Extendable Landfills
  • "Greener" way to get rid of garbage.
  • -

Parks and Decoration

Districts and district policies

Roads, Roadtypes and related things

Mass Transit

Busses

• Bus lanes
  • Long range bus stations for tourists
  • -

Trains

• Larger train stations
  • Train stations with multiple connections (bus, metro)
  • Elevated Stations
  • Different types of elevated structures (steel, concrete, brick)
  • Underground tracks and stations
  • Traintrack soundwalls

Metro

• Overground/Elevated Metro including stations
  • Different types of elevated structures (steel, concrete, brick)
  • -

Airport

Harbor

• Bigger harbors
  • Modular harbors
  • Harbor waterfront [CONSIDERED]
  • -

Other concepts

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I already added the link to the OP but I'll post it down here again, there is also this nice Ideabox system for ideas and suggestions which has been approved by TotallyMoo.
I'd be happy to maintain this list, but if the separate page is preferred by the community, I suggest to use that one so we don't split our attention too much.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?840600-Unofficial-Ordered-IdeaBox!

• 1Like
Reactions:
for the busses category:

it would be nice to see some different road include bus lanes
also it would be nice to have a bigger bus depot, or something modular?

and also why not a "bus headquarters"? (metro headquartes too, train headquarters and such, having unique style buildings representing the transport)
and when you click on the headquartes you have all the info about the transportation type.

what do you think?

ps: here is the link
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?841116-Bus-only-roads-lanes&highlight=bus+lanes

You should add a terraform tool, a day/night cycle, and have people move out of the way (like to the side of the road) when a car with sirens on is passing through, and also have it go through intersections first.

I'll talk to TotalyMoo about having Colossal Order state on this topic next to each feature whether or not the feature is being considered or will not be happening - will add some excitment when new things are being CONSIDERED and will help with multiple posts of the same topic being made when the idea was initially denied.

and...what about helicopters?

TV helicopters, fire helicopters, police helicopters, emergency helicopters.

You could upgrade service buildings with helipads and have them helping your city! :)

also can you add bigger farms?

Last edited:
@Hiramas Thank you for trying to organize things better to help keep things cleaner and provide easier visibility to users, but almost more importantly help provide a focal point for Paradox and Colossal Order personal who lurk in the forums. I have a suggestion or two perhaps to improve the recap list which is shaping up nicely.

ItemTitle {linked to primary existing topic thread} [Status]
-{Optional extended description up to say ~200'ish characters if needed to better express\delineate an items or detail what may not be obvious from title}

Status states?
Confirmed = Confirmation from Paradox or Colossal Order personal that said item (in one form or fashion) is currently under development or has been committed too, ie it's actually in the dev pipeline already. (example. tunnels)
Considering = Confirmation from Paradox or Colossal Order personal that said item (in one form or fashion) is being evaluated for inclusion directly or via added api/tooling support at some point.
Unlikely = Confirmation from Paradox or Colossal Order that said item is highly unlikely to be added\ordered in the foreseeable future, or outright rejected at present. (example: multiplayer)
Unknown = {default} Status is unknown at present.

Feel free to delete, have deleted, or ask me to remove this post once read, I don't want to clutter up this thread]