• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I use the obsidian theme with NotePad++ and the previous custom files don't fit well with other themes.
I bet you know how to use custom language files so I'll just drop the ones I use; I've got 2 one for all the scripts and one for the localisation files.

HERE it is !

I use the obsidian theme with NotePad++ and the previous custom files don't fit well with other themes.
I bet you know how to use custom language files so I'll just drop the ones I use; I've got 2 one for all the scripts and one for the localisation files.

HERE it is !

You legend! I use Obsidian, how did you know?!

Notepad++ can link an file extension to a syntax. (fortran for .f files, LUA for .lua, etc...), as the files are .txt, it would need to link simple text file to ck2 syntax ...

can someone explain what is "2. In notepad click view and configure user defined language panel* then import UserDefineLang.xml" means?
Click on the Language tab instead of the View tab.

You legend! I use Obsidian, how did you know?!
Because Obsidian is the best (to not destroy your eyes/savings your laptop battery) !

Anyway, I can only advise new users of REAL text editor to use a monolength font (i.e. every symbols have the same size).
My favorite is @GulimChe size 10 , you can enforce styles override for syntax coloring in "Settings/Style Configurator" as shown below :

Would it be possible to get this updated to cover the new Republic DLC keywords? The ones I'm aware of are:

is_patrician
is_merchant_republic
has_trade_post
random_trade_post
seize_trade_post
trade_post_owner
num_of_trade_post_diff

Also, these might be from earlier patches:

cancel_plot
plot_target_province
has_dlc (well, the modders won't use it...)
add_spouse

Thank you!

I've not updated it since before the muslim dlc I think, stopped modding ck2 long ago, but it's so easy to add keywords I'll do it in the coming hour, thank to have reminded me.
(other commands added since the patch 1.6 should also be missing, just have to search them in patch notes).
If you know of earlier commands missing (out of those listed by zeres) tell me.

(ps : reopening the langage reminded me why I was too lazy to update it : the use of so many keywords as both triggers, commands and variables make very hard to class them, and I was thinking about remaking the whole language file to make the categories better ; anyway as I don't see a good way to do it, I'll just add the new commands for the moment in one of the possibly relevant colors)

Last edited:
Do you have to do anything special beyond extracting to the Notepad++ directory to switch from the old CK2code to the new one?

Thanks - I've finally got back to doing more event modding, and imported the new version of your file. It is r

For some reason, having a comment line of "#####", which used to be in green (i.e. comment color), is now black, although if I have just one # at the beginning, it does correctly use green color for the entire line.

Also, small note: is_betrothed seems not to be a special keyword. I'll update if I find others - it's probably not worth modifying the file just for that.