• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Evander

M&T Gimp Wrestler
143 Badges
Nov 19, 2007
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Ancient Space
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hi everyone, I'm starting a new mod. Actually my most ambitious one as it's a total conversion in a whole other style than CK2.

I've been occupied these last months and I can finally get back to work on this mod. so I'll ditch here some screens to show what I'm up to and feel free to see my screenshots on Steam, there might be some more recent ones than here

So, here are some screenies :
F2F64920C624B8EA98E5E99E141BBFE970900E2B

EB9E733C09AF1077BD1F511EB072E784AA623C58

A2B579A29D2CC076E935F41EFA7BC9F41E9EAD08

F99BCCDB5BDE1326E448DBF15E202D30A3DCB67F

574DD801E54FE0F76CE750C72AB734677443CCB1

and I'm currently working on the de_jure setup :
(the lines beginning with an 'X' means that these tittles won't be included in the mod but may be added at some point if I can manage to increase the size of the map)
4E2t6mP.png

WCDuHGS.png

CxF1Iiw.png

This is the provinces map that, I think, I will use to make a first playable version of the mod (I don't extend New Jersey any further because ... well, first it's not New York per se and I'm kinda sick of painting provinces :)
Gu9iTow.png

Original post
I had this idea behind my head for quite some time and so tongiht (yes tonight, I started only a few dozens of minutes ago) I start to work on it and except the name of the mod : Sin Kings I will reveal only the follownig image, it should REALLY help to find out where it will be located ... and when ! Just in case, I did not have drawn the MAIN island for now !

Last edited:
Reactions:
That's definitely New York, Manhattan is missing!
What ? No it isn't, see below !

I just added some vanilla provinces and stripped it out of events/decisions ...

Now I work on the de jure map by using the neighborhoods maps I can find (thanks Google)

So now you're getting a little more informations on the mod, and still there is a 'hidden' clue in the pictures to know more about it (but quite obvious when you think about it).

Last edited:
I assume your changing what constitutes a day and a year.

1933? So I guess it's about the mafia. Either way you have my insterest.
Yep, 1933-02-17 is the date of the Blaine Act putting an end to the prohibition (even if it was effective only in April of that year)
I don't want to stay historical on the matter and add the real mafia families and so on but more adding what mafia are supposed in movies/books/video games so there will be the Corleones, Tattaglias, Barzinis, Cuneos and Straccis (I hope I make no copyright infringment) but also probably the Gambetti, Pavano, Messina, Lupisella, and Ancelotti families and the Clemente, Vinci, and Falcone families for those who know what I talking about. And that's only for italian families ...

I assume your changing what constitutes a day and a year.
I'd like to (to have a time system like in MotE) but that stuff is deeply hardcoded; I stripped out every single localisation file to see all the strings of characters (strip ? string ? ...) but even like that the engine still got the date perfectly displayed. All I can do is to change the speed of the game so that it doesn't take a month to take over a block !

SaintDaveUK and I were discussing a long while ago how something like this would work; the dating is one of the issues that I for one couldn't see a way around, other than that though a Mafia mod I think would fit quite well somewhat with CK2's mechanics.

Speaking of SaintDave, here's a prototype of the portraits he was working on, I don't think he'll mind me sharing the picture :ninja:;
M2gJbK4.jpg

Speaking of SaintDave, here's a prototype of the portraits he was working on, I don't think he'll mind me sharing the picture :ninja:;
M2gJbK4.jpg
Wow, huge ! I mean I don't even expect to have portraits like this !

if your going ny it should be the whole ny spawl the most southern point would be amboy nj the most northern point should be yonkers the east would be near LAG and the western point would be near Livingston nj

SaintDaveUK and I were discussing a long while ago how something like this would work; the dating is one of the issues that I for one couldn't see a way around, other than that though a Mafia mod I think would fit quite well somewhat with CK2's mechanics.

M2gJbK4.jpg

Holy moly!
:eek:
Nice stuff, SaintDave, nice stuff.

More than a mod, I wish a proper game would come out of it!

What about shifting the startdate back to 1901, the start of the feud between five points and eastman?
Could then set an end date at 1981; that's 80 years of gameplay at least.

Maybe go a step further and go from 1890 to 1981; or 1881 to 1981, a century of criminal enterprise.

(1881 has no special significance afaik, it's just to round it up to 100 years. 1890 is a guess at the "foundation" of the five points gang, 1981 is when it all kicked off with dozens of bosses and so being arrested from then on, severely weakening the "old guard")

Last edited:
I was actually looking to do something similar but using nWoD vampire as the theme with domains, praxis and the like. I figured it would be too hard to convert a city map like that into the game. So. Wow!