• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Evander

M&T Gimp Wrestler
143 Badges
Nov 19, 2007
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Ancient Space
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
rSHuybW.png

5EhzkiV.png

Important :
You may need 7zip in order to decompress the archive.
Don't forget to delete your DEIOU mod folder before updating it. Some older files may not be necessary anymore.

2013-05-30 - version 0.3 - CK2 v. 1.10 compatible --Alternate Links (Gdrive)--
if you want to play with the 1.101 patch just delete the defines.lua file in the DEIOU ./common folder

2013-06-14 - version 0.2 - SWMH v. 2.752 compatible --Alternate Links (Gdrive)--

A TPTT version is coming soon

A CK2+ version ... is also coming soon.

Tn9t2wW.png

Hi everyone, welcome on the DEIOU map replacement thread.
This mod intend to replace the whole map of the game by a new and more realistic one.

HxD9UGu.png

- Keanon and the whole Patrum Terrae team. This map is built from the work done on it and it clearly saved time.
- Talvos for Equidistant Cylindrical Map, from which I used the terrain and topology maps for DEIOU4SWMH v0.1 and DEIOU vanilla until 0.3
- PDS for the Victoria 2 terrain textures I use now in DEIOU.
- Aasmul and the SWMH team for letting me release this map-mod as a SWMH sub-mod. It will be SWMH compatible from the soon to be release SWMH 2.74 version.
- Solo_Adhémar for the new minimap.

8418zEM.png

- Fully compatible with CK2 v.1.10 (vanilla) (you might experience a CTD or two at first launches but insist it will works !)
- Every mod not touching the map and not modifiying anything related to the map + defines.lua should be fully compatible.
- EOOQE's New Borders mod v.0.5 is fully compatible and I strongly advise you to use it with DEIOU !

Last edited:
iXmy2kB.png
High priority
- Correct the terrain map mode since it's blocky and kinda a mess right now !
- To reintroduce the topology map since it's highly demanded.
- Reshape provinces borders (Caucasus, Mesopotamia) because vanilla projection is just ... well ... let's say geographically inaccurate. (going on, central europe on the way !)
Low priority
- Complete the rivers map (Crimea, Persia) ... if I can find some sources.
- Add a frontend logo to know what is that beautiful mod you run !
- Tweaking the texture of oceans and underwater ground, I feel it still need some love.
- Add some trees !

Evpyq1x.png

// DEIOU version 0.3 // (for CK2 v.1.10 ) - 2013-05-30
+ Updated for v1.10. Compatible with every single DLC.
+ Corrected a lot of adjacencies (like in Syria) and especially removed the Kurzeme-Saaremaa connection.
- Still no topology but that should be corrected in the next version.

// DEIOU 4 SWMH version 0.1 // (for SWMH v.2.72) - 2013-04-24
+ First release of the map for SWMH
+ Correction to borders and maplogic in mesopotamia, caucasus, silesia and siberia
+ Lots of rivers navigable, TOG-ready !
+ Small corrections in rivers (around Vologda).
- Again, due to the changes in the rivers, this version doesn't include a great topology map, so everything is flat.

// DEIOU version 0.2 // (for CK2 v.1.092) - 2013-04-05
+ Updated for v1.092 and it solves the bug of immovable armies.
+ I've added a lot of navigable rivers (to prepare for the Old Gods DLC) and corrected some borders (around Hungary, Croatia, Austria and Bohemia)
+ Some adjacencies corrected, now the mongols will have much harder time crossing the Volga.
+ Kudos to Solo_Adhémar for the new minimap.
- Also, due to the changes in the rivers, this version doesn't include a great topology map, so everything is flat ... maybe some peple like it more !?

// DEIOU version 0.1 // (for CK2 v.1.091) - 2013-02-05
+ First release of the mod
+ Topology should be fine. Terrain map still need some love so don't be scared by all those squares on the map !

NylhEfC.png

- because that's what most of people want, right ?

Last edited:
Is it SWMH compatible at the moment or will if only be that from their next release onwards?. Because god almighty, playing SWMH on a geographically accurate map, would be like my graduation, several christmasses and birthdays all rolled up into one :D.

This Map is really nice. When are you going to add trees.
Eventually. I tried to paint some trees but it didn't sort it out well. So for now, I concentrate on the borders and terrain tweaking.

Is it SWMH compatible at the moment or will if only be that from their next release onwards?. Because god almighty, playing SWMH on a geographically accurate map, would be like my graduation, several christmasses and birthdays all rolled up into one :D.
It's not compatible - for now -. I stay in touch with Aasmul and as the changelog for the next version of SWMH is quite big I don't want to do all the work twice. So not compatible for SWMH 2.615 but it will certainly be for the next release.

Besides, I plan to put it a secondary mod for SWMH so you'll just have to tick both SWMH and DEIOU for SWMH to have the best of both worlds !

Glad you managed to add topology to Patrum's map. the flat map was a bit too boring.

Great work^^

you might want to resize the ingame scale for arrow.dds ans Selection_diffuse.dds (selection circle and movement arrows for units).

great work so far. no plans for editing positions ?

That is one gorgeous map.

Rolled up with Project Synergy I will no longer have a social life.

you might want to resize the ingame scale for arrow.dds ans Selection_diffuse.dds (selection circle and movement arrows for units).
I didn't check that out, shouldn't be a pain to do this. If you want to go back to the normal size map sprites, just delete the interface fiolder from the mod.

great work so far. no plans for editing positions ?
I tried with nudge but that was a PITA, there was a lil tool included with a map mod and it was really nice to mod it real fast but I can get it to work properly with my map (I guess it's due to the custom size). So, yeah definitely but not for tomorrow :D

That is one gorgeous map. Rolled up with Project Synergy I will no longer have a social life.
Thanks ! And if it's not compatible with Synergy in the present state, it will soon be since Synergy uses SWMH map and this map will work as a "upper layer" of SWMH ...

Looks great mate :)

I tried with nudge but that was a PITA, there was a lil tool included with a map mod and it was really nice to mod it real fast but I can get it to work properly with my map (I guess it's due to the custom size). So, yeah definitely but not for tomorrow :D
Damn, It won't be fun work to do them all by hand. What about the position resizer from the EU3 forum, could that be of use here? .

I haven't heard of it before. Unfortunately, I changed the whole shape of the map and the resizer just multiply the positions value by a multiplicating constant, that won't fit. I'll have to do it myself ! (except if some good souls can help me by sending me the right positions for some provinces to ease the process)

I haven't heard of it before. Unfortunately, I changed the whole shape of the map and the resizer just multiply the positions value by a multiplicating constant, that won't fit. I'll have to do it myself ! (except if some good souls can help me by sending me the right positions for some provinces to ease the process)

I had made a proto tool (excel sheet) that calculates different positions from the x:y picked on the province map. then you can copy paste an almost correct code (just need to remove quote in that version) for positions for 1 province at a time. it could probably be expanded to export the compelte entry by province so, multi-provinces at the same time.

pm me your email i'll send my existing base.

then people can contribute by sending province ID, capital positions x;y and port x;y.

YES! I have been waiting for something like this. I find the vanilla map and projection atrocious, so this is just what the doctor ordered. :D

I dont know, if you even care about this or just want it to sound cool, but I doubt "Deus Est Imperare Orbi Universo" is grammatically correct. ^^ I think "deus" should be genitive or dative, but definitly not nominative. Analogous German "Es ist Gottes zu herrschen ...", dont know how one would say this in English. Sry for being such an "Korinthenkacker".

I dont know, if you even care about this or just want it to sound cool, but I doubt "Deus Est Imperare Orbi Universo" is grammatically correct. ^^ I think "deus" should be genitive or dative, but definitly not nominative. Analogous German "Es ist Gottes zu herrschen ...", dont know how one would say this in English. Sry for being such an "Korinthenkacker".
:p like you wrote : I mostly just don't care ! I guess it should Deo or something like but I don't like the sound.

I had made a proto tool (excel sheet) that calculates different positions from the x:y picked on the province map. then you can copy paste an almost correct code (just need to remove quote in that version) for positions for 1 province at a time. it could probably be expanded to export the compelte entry by province so, multi-provinces at the same time.
Thanks but I think it would take too long, if people can just post their positions, I'll add them to the file for next updates. But in the mean time, I'll try to make the other graphic tools (the one I mentionned is pretty cool, like Nudge but as a 3rd party software) to work at least for the provinces I know where to put the cities ...

YES! I have been waiting for something like this. I find the vanilla map and projection atrocious, so this is just what the doctor ordered. :D
Thanks, but remember that most of borders have to be worked out. Especially Mesopotamia to Caucasus, this area is just messed up in Vanilla. I think I will make the same thing as in SWMH; create a syrian desert and put the provinces where they should be.

I hope you didn't take offense of my last post. Concerning the latin name, I have to say that my last latin lesson go back to middle school ... :D I quite forgot about it since. Well besides some sayings you like to hear like "Fututa sum hic" ...
Besides, I guess everybody noticed the similarity with MEIOU ... It's assumed since I took the name when I posted the mod idea on the MEIOU thread a while ago.

Thanks but I think it would take too long, if people can just post their positions, I'll add them to the file for next updates. But in the mean time, I'll try to make the other graphic tools (the one I mentionned is pretty cool, like Nudge but as a 3rd party software) to work at least for the provinces I know where to put the cities ...

Thanks, but remember that most of borders have to be worked out. Especially Mesopotamia to Caucasus, this area is just messed up in Vanilla. I think I will make the same thing as in SWMH; create a syrian desert and put the provinces where they should be.

I hope you didn't take offense of my last post. Concerning the latin name, I have to say that my last latin lesson go back to middle school ... :D I quite forgot about it since. Well besides some sayings you like to hear like "Fututa sum hic" ...
Besides, I guess everybody noticed the similarity with MEIOU ... It's assumed since I took the name when I posted the mod idea on the MEIOU thread a while ago.

The provinces do look a bit elongated in the Caucasus/Mesopotamia, but seeing as the Vanilla map has completely wrong proportions in that area that is to be expected initially when you do such a map conversion as this. I'm sure you'll figure out a nice way to represent it sooner or later.

And i love the Syrian Desert idea in SWMH, so i fully support you doing something similar :D

The provinces do look a bit elongated in the Caucasus/Mesopotamia, but seeing as the Vanilla map has completely wrong proportions in that area that is to be expected initially when you do such a map conversion as this. I'm sure you'll figure out a nice way to represent it sooner or later.

And i love the Syrian Desert idea in SWMH, so i fully support you doing something similar :D
It will be easy to correct those elongated provinces. I did this in the first place to keep the vanilla maplogic (which provinces touch which provinces) but I saw that in mesopotamia, some cities that should lay near the tigre river are in vanilla almost on the red sea ... so a big desert (with palmyra as an oasis like in SWMH) will solve it quite easily.