• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aaand.. still no navies. Everything but. After closing in on 3000 hours with this and absolutely finished with it, I'm not so evangelical anymore about navies in CK. Life is indeed too short to care about such trivia, but it's a perversely obstinate policy to constantly ignore and exclude them (which in itself makes the Republic DLC DLC nonsensical) that some insist are an illusion for the medieval era.

Then again, the world is stuffed to the gills with Paradox DLCs, so maybe enough is enough, emm? My wallet remains unimpressed : D. o7

Reactions:
. Can you identify what these icons are for?
View attachment 186674
View attachment 186675

Hmmmm, Let's see, Eyepatch, anchor, Pegleg, Hook...

Does this mean NAVAL COMBAT and/or pirates? Will we finally be able to sink all those pesky longships and look good while doing it? :D

I see that negative health trait with the orange.... does that mean Scurvy too?

Pirates of Europe comfirmed!

im just going to keep editing in more stuff here as i remember these icons.
the fox is "Shrewd".
the muscly man icon might be "Brawny".
the cow icon is "Dull".
weak looking man icon, i think is "Scrawny" or the like.
thats all i can remember for now.

Last edited:
When I say that 2.5 was the worst patch ever, I get a massive amount of disagrees, when I say I love it, I get disagrees.
Welcome to the internet.

Reactions:
I'm arguing that high Piety should not be the main or sole thing that calculates the eulogy. For example, a character with the True Christian Knight modifier should probably get a pass for many crimes, but not, say, murder or Seduction, given that those are two of the biggest, behind Kinslayer.

As to Irene, that, unfortunately, is not in my area of historical expertise, but Google is my friend. It says here she executed her own son and gouged his eyes out because he rebelled. I agree the eye removal was overkill, but is it really suitable to call it murder if he tried to rebel and kill her first? That sounds fully justified to me.
He was the rightful heir to Byzantium - If I'm correct she overextended his regency into adulthood and he tried to remove her. She had him killed as a result and she became Empress. She was deposed and died a year or two after her reign ended.

Reactions:
He was the rightful heir to Byzantium - If I'm correct she overextended his regency into adulthood and he tried to remove her. She had him killed as a result and she became Empress. She was deposed and died a year or two after her reign ended.

Not only that but before Constantine VI rebelled against his mom, Irene forced him to divorce his wife Maria of Amnia (with whom he had a daughter Eyphrosyne) and made him marry her servant Theodote believing that she would hold him under control this way. Plan backfired Constantine launched a coup exiling his mom, then he made a huge mess in every level of the Empire and Irene returned (with the help of prominent nobles) assumed Kingship again and blinded her son.

I ve written a short story narrating the history behind the relationship between Constantine VI and his mom but i am too lazy to translate it in english now.

Reactions:
Not only that but before Constantine VI rebelled against his mom, Irene forced him to divorce his wife Maria of Amnia (with whom he had a daughter Eyphrosyne) and made him marry her servant Theodote believing that she would hold him under control this way. Plan backfired Constantine launched a coup exiling his mom, then he made a huge mess in every level of the Empire and Irene returned (with the help of prominent nobles) assumed Kingship again and blinded her son.

I ve written a short story narrating the history behind the relationship between Constantine VI and his mom but i am too lazy to translate it in english now.

Thats some Game of Thrones stuff right there...

Reactions:
Thats some Game of Thrones stuff right there...

You have it backwards, sir. Game of Thrones, politically, is based on lots of the nasty stuff that really happened in history. That's much of why the novels are so fascinating and unique in fantasy literature. I understand the HBO series also has boobs.

Reactions:
You have it backwards, sir. Game of Thrones, politically, is based on lots of the nasty stuff that really happened in history. That's much of why the novels are so fascinating and unique in fantasy literature. I understand the HBO series also has boobs.

Hooray for boobies!
1b771808a9bc75219246981a16b3856595c75565c4180250c086044ed5c7fd04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: