• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think all province history folders already have names for extra settlements probably for modding purposes.
Those are just comments documenting the subholdings already defined beyond what is built at game start. Those are already used to build up to the current max holdings. I believe there are a few extras defined for some provinces which are currently never used (except in very rare and obscure circumstances), but not nearly enough for 7 in every province.

Reactions:
The pumpkins are brought by Aztec traders ;)
You know, now that I think about it, it might be cool to add events for prosperity if you have Sunset Invasion installed; there's already an event that tells about the spread of New World crops and goods in Europe, and currently the only option is "A passing fad…", but perhaps there could be another option to capitalize off of the new crops, encouraging their growth and adding prosperity to some of your provinces.

Reactions:
I like the system, but apart from the new graphics several mods have done it already in much more complex ways.

I was kind of hoping for a true trade system, but whatever. Excited for the new Narrative events!

This could at least somewhat be balanced out by nerfing some of the currently overpowered duchies. With this new system there won't be nearly as big a need to give out slots to duchies that were historically very prosperous, since how the game goes will instead shape that. Coastal provinces will always be the best, so places like Flanders and Sicily would still have the advantage that they should have.
This makes me think of Mali. Historically wealthy due to gold mines, but in the game nearly all wealth comes from cities so Mali is poor. Solution? Have Mali start off prosperous and have events that give then prosperity for doing nothing.

Event: We have gold mines
Result: prosperous!

Event: We still have gold mines
Result: prosperous!

Reactions:
I know a good deal when I see one! *Throws ducats at the DLC*

(On a side note this probably has been mentioned but, I do hope prosperity doesn't decrease because raiders are on your province for a few days before you can raise forces to destroy them, that would be sad panda face here)

On a (brighter) side note: Finally the Orkney islands will be the metropolises they were always supposed to be!!! :D

I know a good deal when I see one! *Throws ducats at the DLC*

(On a side note this probably has been mentioned but, I do hope prosperity doesn't decrease because raiders are on your province for a few days before you can raise forces to destroy them, that would be sad panda face here)

On a (brighter) side note: Finally the Orkney islands will be the metropolises they were always supposed to be!!! :D

Also, if the penalties for raiders hitting your province before you can get to them go up, the rewards for beating the raiders should also go up. Right now, you don't get much for beating raiders at all, and the devs are talking about damaging provinces through raids.

They're already like locusts now. I've had up to three separate raiding parties attack my lands at roughtly the same time. I beat them off, and it happens again less than two months later.

If you're going try to ruin my lands through these raiders, then the rewards for beating them in battle need to be upped too, and significantly. Maybe we should even be given the chance of capturing the raiders' Loot Ship.

I'm not talking about Naval Battles here; just a Battle Event, like the chance of either capturing, or killing the enemy leaders in battle.

Reactions:
You should add flavor things like wandering barbers, triangle of love, and family meetings.

Adopting orphaned relatives would be nice as well.

Reactions:
An interesting idea. Not sure I want to change it, but I'll think about it.

Darkrenown this could open the possibility of modeling the "traveling courts" that were a feature of Europe in various times. If, in fact, the crown focus represents also where the court is located that could affect a variety of things including province owners prestige, income (positively for the province, negatively for the holder!), exposure to plague, and who is considered "in court" for events. You would, of course, have to enable crown focus to be set on provinces outside of demense, but I think that's a good idea anyway--maybe you want to help your cousin's lands??

If you move your crown focus (court) away from an invading army that would... make a lot of sense, really.

Obviously setting a crown focus should cost something. Prestige and cash, likely (perhaps more cash the larger a court is); cannot just uproot everyone without a price!

You have an opportunity here for some really interesting flexibility. Hope you'll take it.

--Khanwulf

Reactions:
A quite cool update.

I hope we also get some nice new unit packs. Could use some especially for Berbers and European kingdoms, since the ones they use are either pretty generic or not quite up to the standard of the latest unit DLC packs.