• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IoannesBarbarus

El Ingenioso Hidalgo
48 Badges
Dec 2, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Reintroducing...

SED: English Localisation for SWMH

v2.1.2 - 2015-12-21

Updated English localisations are available in HIP now! Go download the release!

I’ve got a lot planned for expanding this mod and revising the work I’ve already done. But I am in need of your feedback to help me do that! My historical knowledge is limited and I’m sure a lot of my choices have been subpar.

Post in this thread your comments, criticisms, and suggestions!

Thanks to zijistark, Aasmul, and Ese Khan for their contributions and advice. Thanks to the SWMH team for their terrific mod. Thanks to Leviathan07, CJL78 and Ofalaf for creating the original SED, superskierpat for continuing work on it, and all others who contributed.

Installation

SED is distributed with HIP. Make sure to answer “y” or “yes” to install SWMH, and again when the prompt for English localisation comes up. Unlike most of the others, SED defaults to “no,” so keep an eye out.

Note that SED is fully save-compatible* with non-SED installs of SWMH, in both directions. In other words, if you’re a while into a non-SED game, you can load a HIP with SED, and play on without trouble: or vice versa.
*not counting Ironman

Changelog

v2.1.2 - 2015-12-21
  • Latest SWMH compatibility
  • MiniSWMH support
v2.1.1 - 2015-10-22
  • Finished redefining vanilla localisations inherited by SWMH (e.g. provinces, noble titles)
  • Several minor tweaks and corrections (e.g. Finnish Pagan -> Uralic)
v2.1.0 - 2015-10-04
  • Began redefining various vanilla localisations that were previously inherited by SWMH
  • Some minor tweaks and corrections
v2.0.1 - 2015-09-01
  • Finished re-localizing provinces
  • Various tweaks around the map
v2.0.0 - 2015-08-16
  • All SWMH localisations redone in English: titular titles, de jure titles, noble titles, cultures, religions, etc.
    • Some provinces (about 1 in 5) have not been redone yet. They'll be fixed soon.
    • Dynasties have not been redone yet, so e.g. much of the Muslim world will look mostly the same.
  • All dynamic names removed or redone in English. All barony dynamic names removed.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Oh, good! As much as I love translating from old Georgian, this mod is definitely a must.

PS. Any hints as to the release date of the update? :D
Today (it's still very, very much Sunday in the US!). Unless something explodes-- always possible, of course.

Oh, good! As much as I love translating from old Georgian, this mod is definitely a must.

PS. Any hints as to the release date of the update? :D
Today (it's still very, very much Sunday in the US!). Unless something explodes-- always possible, of course.

Uhm... greek Brașov?
Not sure what you mean by this. Are you taking issue with a particular localisation? I don’t think I have Brașov anywhere.

He is referring to the colour of Burzenland. It has province ID #1333

The screenie is from 1204, and the province is Low German in SWMH after 1190 so i assume it is Low German in SED too unless you've messed something up somewhere ;)

Last edited:
Reactions:
He is referring to the colour of Burzenland. It has province ID #1333

The screenie is from 1204, and the province is Low German in SWMH after 1190 so i assume it is Low German in SED too unless you've messed something up somewhere ;)
Ah, yes. @S3W The Low German color is similar to the nearby Greek. TIL Transylvanian Saxons.

Any news on the remaining unrevised provinces?

Any news on the remaining unrevised provinces?
All done in 2.0.1, ETA very soon with the next HIP release.

2.0.1 has been released, with the rest of HIP.

(I’ve also made an alternate “no-provinces” version, which leaves baronies and countier/provinces just as they are in standard SWMH, and gives the SED treatment only to duchy-level titles and above, alongside all the non-title re-localisation.)

Thank you very much for your work! :)

Reactions:
Added a note to the main post.

Note that SED is fully save-compatible* with non-SED installs of SWMH, in both directions. In other words, if you’re a while into a non-SED game, you can load a HIP with SED, and play on without trouble: or vice versa.
*not counting Ironman

Reactions:
2.1.0 released. I’ve been going through the set of vanilla localisations that SWMH just inherits - titles, cultures, religions, provinces, some miscellaneous things that I think could use a SED treatment. (e.g. Köln→Cologne, Firenze→Florence, Gelre→Guelders) That’s a little over half done.

What’s next—I’ve been thinking of anglicizing the historical and cultural names, so, Emperor Henry instead of Emperor Heinrich, King Canute instead of King Knut, King Ladislaus instead of King László. Johns, Constantines, and Leos in Constantinople. Etc. But we’ll see.

Reactions:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way to pick and choose which parts to anglicise? Specifically I'd like to anglicise the names of cultures (because I don't know what half the cultures even are) but retain SWMH's dynamic province names.

Reactions:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way to pick and choose which parts to anglicise? Specifically I'd like to anglicise the names of cultures (because I don't know what half the cultures even are) but retain SWMH's dynamic province names.
To anglicize only cultures:
Delete everything in modules/SED2/ except modules/SED2/localisation/A Cultures.csv & then reinstall.​
To anglicize everything but dynamic province names:
Delete modules/SED2/common/landed_titles & then reinstall.​

Reactions: