• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Zombie bit kinda unsold this DLC for me. :(

Everything heard up to this point sounded awesome - still it's a case of wait and see what it really is before passing.

But... there arew NO zombies... where did you read this?!

I don't mind a zombie apocalypse rising up from the Plague as long as it can be turned on/off for the type of game we want.

There is NO zombie apocalypse! Why did people don't learn it? There are no zom,bies in the DLC/patch. Just rumours about dead bodies living again. Nothing more!

Reactions:
There IS immortality (as in immunity to aging, you can still die in, at the very least, combat/assassinations) though. You can switch if off with along with other fantasy events if you so desire.

There IS immortality (as in immunity to aging, you can still die in, at the very least, combat/assassinations) though. You can switch if off with along with other fantasy events if you so desire.

Yes. But the people allways talking about zombies... didn't they read the DD properly? Or why did people still think that there will be modern zombies in the game...? We already had this topic for several pages... and it confirmed that there are no zombies in the game...

Yes. But the people allways talking about zombies... didn't they read the DD properly? Or why did people still think that there will be modern zombies in the game...? We already had this topic for several pages... and it confirmed that there are no zombies in the game...

Well, I've heard they even were planning to name the 2.6 patch 'Zombie' but changed their mind when they lost the zombie in the wilds. Or something along that line, could be rumours though.

Reactions:
Well, I've heard they even were planning to name the 2.6 patch 'Zombie' but changed their mind when they lost the zombie in the wilds. Or something along that line, could be rumours though.

Eh... that was a joke...

Why don't you read the thread and find out?

How about it takes me some time to navigate through sixteen prior pages of posts and unlike some people, I don't have unlimited free time to sit around and do so? I now do see that it's been confirmed that there are no zombies, just rumors. But from the way everyone was going on in RECENT posts it certainly didn't seem like it had been confirmed. Obviously most of them didn't have the time to read the thread before commenting either.

Not didn't TAKE the time as many people assume. They probably didn't HAVE the time, and at the time, neither did I. But I found some free time, and now I've read it.

I'm not in a great time zone for reading these DDs when they come out. They're usually at least 12 pages deep before I have a chance to read them, and I have questions and thoughts, and I don't necessarily want to spend an hour or two going over the thread to make sure nobody else has asked them. Plus, if I ask a question that has already been answered, maybe you could answer the question for me instead of snarking at me? You know, be helpful instead of rude? Did that occur to YOU?

Edit: Apologies. I've had a bad day. Getting snarked at and barking here was better than barking at my family or my boss.

Reactions:
How about it takes me some time to navigate through sixteen prior pages of posts and unlike some people, I don't have unlimited free time to sit around and do so? I now do see that it's been confirmed that there are no zombies, just rumors. But from the way everyone was going on in RECENT posts it certainly didn't seem like it had been confirmed. Obviously most of them didn't have the time to read the thread before commenting either.

Not didn't TAKE the time as many people assume. They probably didn't HAVE the time, and at the time, neither did I. But I found some free time, and now I've read it.

I'm not in a great time zone for reading these DDs when they come out. They're usually at least 12 pages deep before I have a chance to read them, and I have questions and thoughts, and I don't necessarily want to spend an hour or two going over the thread to make sure nobody else has asked them. Plus, if I ask a question that has already been answered, maybe you could answer the question for me instead of snarking at me? You know, be helpful instead of rude? Did that occur to YOU?

Edit: Apologies. I've had a bad day. Getting snarked at and barking here was better than barking at my family or my boss.
A bad day happens to all of us. And I'll repost, not to be snarky but to actually help, a useful feature of the forums that are a great help in navigating large, dev-populated threads:
DevRespo.png

Hoe this helps in the future!

Reactions:
The "Agree" button isn't emphatic enough for this.

See, this is why I approve of a "revoke immortality" demand when I use the current incarnation of a certain mod. I don't like it when my mortal "thralls" become immortal "rivals". What else should I call my vassals after the current ones have lived a few decades without aging a day? Anyways, attempting to kill immortals is one thing, waging a war across two and a half centuries is problematic...

He fought the Karlings for ~240 years from England and still is. Let's just say that multiple immortal kings and emperors is a challenge on its own. Probably shouldn't further complicate things with immortal vassal children, but I can actually manage them rather easily with all those mentor and dynastic bonuses. Well, that and they like to prey on each other. It isn't in their interest to cooperate but when dad steps in and tells them he'd kill everyone if they can't play nice at the wedding to wife number eight well...

For the record, I only had one of his wives killed (adultery). A few died in plagues and the rest of age or stress. He's on number eleven now and it'll be a shame when he goes. Britannia won't be united for long after that eventually happens. As much as I'm looking forward to the next DLC, I'll still miss the old man if he survives until launch.

Reactions:
See, this is why I approve of a "revoke immortality" demand when I use the current incarnation of a certain mod. I don't like it when my mortal "thralls" become immortal "rivals". What else should I call my vassals after the current ones have lived a few decades without aging a day? Anyways, attempting to kill immortals is one thing, waging a war across two and a half centuries is problematic...

He fought the Karlings for ~240 years from England and still is. Let's just say that multiple immortal kings and emperors is a challenge on its own. Probably shouldn't further complicate things with immortal vassal children, but I can actually manage them rather easily with all those mentor and dynastic bonuses. Well, that and they like to prey on each other. It isn't in their interest to cooperate but when dad steps in and tells them he'd kill everyone if they can't play nice at the wedding to wife number eight well...

For the record, I only had one of his wives killed (adultery). A few died in plagues and the rest of age or stress. He's on number eleven now and it'll be a shame when he goes. Britannia won't be united for long after that eventually happens. As much as I'm looking forward to the next DLC, I'll still miss the old man if he survives until launch.

Sometimes I have to check to make sure I haven't timeslipped into 201x and accidentally looked at the World of Darkness: Clausewitz Engine forums. :p