• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
See, this is why I approve of a "revoke immortality" demand when I use the current incarnation of a certain mod. I don't like it when my mortal "thralls" become immortal "rivals". What else should I call my vassals after the current ones have lived a few decades without aging a day? Anyways, attempting to kill immortals is one thing, waging a war across two and a half centuries is problematic...

He fought the Karlings for ~240 years from England and still is. Let's just say that multiple immortal kings and emperors is a challenge on its own. Probably shouldn't further complicate things with immortal vassal children, but I can actually manage them rather easily with all those mentor and dynastic bonuses. Well, that and they like to prey on each other. It isn't in their interest to cooperate but when dad steps in and tells them he'd kill everyone if they can't play nice at the wedding to wife number eight well...

For the record, I only had one of his wives killed (adultery). A few died in plagues and the rest of age or stress. He's on number eleven now and it'll be a shame when he goes. Britannia won't be united for long after that eventually happens. As much as I'm looking forward to the next DLC, I'll still miss the old man if he survives until launch.

I played a non-immortal (and Catholic) character who lived into his 70s, and upon his death, he had had (I think) 13 wives. 14 if you count the fact that he had children, but at start, didn't have a wife.

I think everyone needs to cool it. Its truely a trigger word where people think the entire game will become an epic struggle for the world against zombie hordes. No, use your brain I doubt they would center the entire dlc on zombies. Also, for all you know thats just rumors that go around.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Let's be honest here. Do you really want to see any undying Karlings or Abbasids running around?

Heaven forbid. It's a rumor that not even holy water will kill a Karling.

They just keep on commmmming......literally and figuratively. XD

Heaven forbid. It's a rumor that not even holy water will kill a Karling.

They just keep on commmmming......literally and figuratively. XD

True.

Karling horde:
B6CC65BDA57308D31D862C34FB7B8055E9CE0B53

Reactions:
How about you read the first post at least?
Huh? It's not IN the first post.

In fact, the first post specifically implies that there are zombies in the game. It was later clarified that there aren't, after other people understandably misunderstood as well.

I just don't get how you fanboys work.

Here:

The concept behind the EoD events are that your people have become scared and uncertain and this has given rise to various doomsayers and general unrest. Possible results of this include:

• The rise of a Prophet of Doom, who is convinced the world will end if they do not overthrow your rule.
  • A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living.
  • Panic based on a solar eclipse, which is surely the herald of the End Times.

These events are somewhat rare, and each possible doom has several ways to resolve it, for better or for worse, so we hope you will find them rather interesting should they appear.

The diary is called "end of days." He talks about possible doom. This implies that each of these outcomes may indeed be realized and the rumours true, and given Paradox's recent fetish for fantasy elements, it's entirely plausible that they would put real zombies in the game to introduce the "sense of fear" that people would have felt at the time.

Nowhere in the diary do they specifically say there are no zombies.

So that's why all of us have misunderstood. Stop throwing yourself on every developer grenade and try to think about why these misunderstandings happen. It's not mass hysteria. The OP was badly written.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Huh? It's not IN the first post.

In fact, the first post specifically implies that there are zombies in the game. It was later clarified that aren't, after other people understandably misunderstood as well.

I just don't get how you fanboys work.

Where in the first post did it 'specifically implies that there are zombies in the game'? There is nothing in the first post that implies something like this.

The first post wrote: "A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living."

Do you know what a 'general belief' is? Or rumours?

And why the ... are you calling us 'fanboys' again just because we disagree with you? Goddammit it's annoying how people start to use 'fanboy' just because someone disagree with their opinion...

Reactions:
Thure, I edited my post with more detail, so reread and cool your jets.

Weren't you the guy who passionately insisted there was no levies bug back when the AI couldn't disband levies for a month after the release of Way of Life?

Reactions:
Thure, I edited my post with more detail, so reread and cool your jets.

Weren't you the guy who passionately insisted there was no levies bug back when the AI couldn't disband levies for a month after the release of Way of Life?

The doom is the rumours. Do you know how much trouble it is if the population beliefs there are walking dead people? Nowhere in the DD is spoken about zombies. Nowhere.

And what does the levies bug have to with this topic...? You called us fanboys in this thread not in a thread about Way of Life.

Reactions:
And it's extremely rare anyways, I have never gotten it without triggering it through the console.
I once got it twice in one dynastic playthrough on earlier versions. 1st time round crippled me, but the split my Roman Empire v_II apart like a crushed plum :(

Well, I've done my best to demonstrate to you people why there is such a misunderstanding among so many people, including myself, regarding whether there are zombies in the game. The OP clearly implies that real zombies is one "possible doom" that can emerge from the rumours of the walking dead. That is why there is a misunderstanding.

If you don't get that yet, then you have deeper problems than I can fix.

People are not going to read the 19 subsequent pages of your posts. I'm sorry if this is how you fill your days, but probably no more than a dozen people read any given post you make in the middle of a giant thread.

Thanks again to the guy who pointed out the "show dev responses only" button. Is there a way to ignore specific posters?

Reactions:
Well, I've done my best to demonstrate to you people why there is such a misunderstanding among so many people, including myself, regarding whether there are zombies in the game. The OP clearly implies that real zombies is one "possible doom" that can emerge from the rumours of the walking dead. That is why there is a misunderstanding.

If you don't get that yet, then you have deeper problems than I can fix.

People are not going to read the 19 subsequent pages of your posts. I'm sorry if this is how you fill your days, but probably no more than a dozen people read any given post you make in the middle of a giant thread.

Thanks again to the guy who pointed out the "show dev responses only" button. Is there a way to ignore specific posters?

Sorry. But we are not fault if some people misread the DD. It clearly says it's a rumour. Nowhere they say that 'doom' means 'real zombies'. The rumours are the doom on their own. The dooms are:
-False Prophet of Doom who is convinced the world will end
-General beliefe that dead people life again (Revenants not zombies)
-Panic because solar eclipse seen as herold of end times

The dooms are not:
-The world will end
-zombies will attack
-The End Time starts

Why did you people read is as 'zombies will attack!' and not as 'the world will end!' or 'the end times will start!'? The zombies are the only thing which people misunderstand why didn't they misunderstand the false prophet and the panic?

Reactions:
Thanks! That's really helpful.

I won't belittle people when they stop drooling all over me for not reading 16 pages of their dumb posts.

Orrrr, you could be a decent human being and not belittle people at all.

You're being a big doofus meanie-head.

See, how does that feel? Not great, yeah? That's right.

Anyway, I'm really hoping that Paradox does do something with legit zombies at some point, just so I can see the hyper-historical nerds have their heads literally pop from the amount of rage they'll experience. With the sort of vitriol that a bit of a hint(that ended up being nothing more than an attempt to avoid spoiling the event chain.) brought out in some of you people, I don't even want to imagine what sort of poor creatures popped out of their hate-caves to yell when Sunset Invasion first came out. Actually, I do. Anyone mind linking a thread or two where people were complaining? I love seeing silly people get angry.

Reactions:
I think the Key word is " The people think " that the dead have returned.. Not that they had returned but the people think they have. A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living.

As a example.. The Ancient Egyptians used to think that if the sun did not rise in the East.. That the sun god lost and the world would be in darkness forever. This belief was powerful and they did everything to ensure that the sun did rise again in the east. Same thing here.. The people believe the dead have returned.

Now I could be wrong..Maybe in this Dlc we will get zombies.. but i am looking at it more that the people believe this to be true but it really is not true.

Orrrr, you could be a decent human being and not belittle people at all.
He flipped out at me for not reading a 19-page thread before I belittled him for being a nerd who reads forums all day. So stuff it.

I think the Key word is " The people think " that the dead have returned.. Not that they had returned but the people think they have. A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living.

As a example.. The Ancient Egyptians used to think that if the sun did not rise in the East.. That the sun god lost and the world would be in darkness forever. This belief was powerful and they did everything to ensure that the sun did rise again in the east. Same thing here.. The people believe the dead have returned.

Now I could be wrong..Maybe in this Dlc we will get zombies.. but i am looking at it more that the people believe this to be true but it really is not true.
It's been clarified by a dev later in the thread that there won't be zombies. I understand why you don't know this (it's a long, boring thread), but other don't, so watch out.

Anyway, at this point I've offended most of the people reading the thread, so I could make a post saying "2+2=4" and get "30 x Respectfully disagree." Laters.

Reactions:
He flipped out at me for not reading a 19-page thread before I belittled him for being a nerd who reads forums all day. So stuff it.

It's been clarified by a dev later in the thread that there won't be zombies. I understand why you don't know this (it's a long, boring thread), but other don't, so watch out.

Anyway, at this point I've offended most of the people reading the thread, so I could make a post saying "2+2=4" and get "30 x Respectfully disagree." Laters.

i figured that and the wording clearly states that there wont be Any Zombies at all.. I mean again the wording is saying " A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living. " A General belief does not mean Zombies

i figured that and the wording clearly states that there wont be Any Zombies at all.. I mean again the wording is saying " A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living. " A General belief does not mean Zombies
Yes, but then it says "each possible doom can be resolved for better or for worse" and the OP is called "end of days." English obviously isn't your native language, so this isn't going anywhere. How do I unsubscribe from a thread...?

Reactions:
Yes, but then it says "each possible doom can be resolved for better or for worse" and the OP is called "end of days." English obviously isn't your native language, so this isn't going anywhere. How do I unsubscribe from a thread...?

English is my Native language though. " Each Possible Doom can be resolved for either better or for worse " This simply means that either the people will accept there are no zombies and go about their normal lives or they will beleive there are zombies and start behaving like the world is going to end etc. It does not mean zombies are possible not at all. It means that people will either accept what you are telling you or not and take matters into their own hands.

But the doom will be resolved.. Just it can be a good thing or a bad thing

Reactions: