• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chinese Cheese
Do as you please

Chinese Cheese
A world you seize

Chinese Cheese
Heathens you squeeze

Chinese Cheese
Oirats you appease

Chinese Cheese
To avoid sleaze

Chinese Cheese
With expertise

The Religious Map Mode gif is the greatest thing ever, you can see the animist wave so perfectly :eek:

Indeed it is rather fun to watch.

One question. You've probably answered this a few times but I've missed it. How do you get the animist rebels onto islands like Japan?

What's your next AAR going to be?

Congratulations on this impresive piece of work (and work it must have been with all the rebel shepherding)

It certainly would be harder, especially with a Pagan nation's lower missionary gain. Even Confucian-to-Hindu Ming has some missionary gain through decisions. It might very well be impossible - I'm inclined to think it is, but before I know it someone will prove me wrong. :)
Don' worry, you won't be proven wrong. It is impossible. As a pagan there's no way of getting more than 2 missionaries a year (1 slider, .5 idea and .5 Rome), and there's 879 owned provinces in 1399, which means you're a bit more than 30 missionaries short.
And of course this doesn't even take into consideration the slight hassle of westernization, conquering rome and getting enough Shamanist peons to force convert the world for you ;)

Ryuku would probably be the only country to come even close to a total conversion as they're not tribal and thus wouldn't have to westernize and lose >100 missionaries just from going innovative. If all goes well, my Ashanti should be able to get just over 50% converted...

I agree with Starfury, you just don't get enough missionaries as a Pagan to do anything remotely like this. Although it wasn't the main priority my Iroquois only made it south of Panama.

Maybe the released vassal trickery could help if you tried vassals of your own state culture and religion. I'm not sure how that would work but...

Bummer. Just as your There Must Be Order AAR, I can't load your final summary page. Mozilla doesn't like whatever you have on those pages. I've tried with both Seamonkey & Firefox. IIRC, I even tried IE once...

Bummer. Just as your There Must Be Order AAR, I can't load your final summary page. Mozilla doesn't like whatever you have on those pages. I've tried with both Seamonkey & Firefox. IIRC, I even tried IE once...
I guess you have not that much RAM, my older laptop nearly died when it had to load the two animated gifs.
I hope kebzero won't mind if i quote his final part, replacing the images with links to the pictures. That way you can watch the pictures independently of the text.
Part 100 - "We Are The World..."

To All:
Pardon for this taking a while - I had a few issues in making and uploading the gif maps - Photobucket doesn't seem to like animated gifs, and the religious map mode one took more than three hours to render. :eek:

There were some of you who were interested in seeing this converted into a Victoria game. Alas, I have neither a converter tool, nor Vicky installed at the moment. I do have the savegame file zipped to 2.2 Mb, but I've nowhere to host it. I can probably send it by email if anyone's really interested. :)

Also, pardon the way the gifs blow this thread out of its boundaries; I didn't want to shrink them, I wanted some detail to be left in those. The religious one is a bit wonky - for example, Denmark is defaulted back to Protestantism in their rebirth. None of the gif map modes like countries that disappear and reappear.

Let's start off with a look at Europe, cultural mode. Paris is firmly Chihan.

As is Rome.

Mecca too. It's the same for the rest of the world. :)

End game budget and tech levels. I've been minting as much as I could for the last fifty or so years.

This would be why I've been minting. All provinces have every building, save manufactories. I'm building those too, but the cheapest of them costs fourtyfour thousand ducats a piece.

Mmm, monocolor pies... Of course, you could achieve that without conquering the world; OPMs usually enjoy monocolor pies from day one. :)

There was a debate on the advisor pool in a WC'ed world - here's mine at game end. Ten advisors, all born in China.

A nice, unicolored world... Now, for the animations...

Political Map Mode gif, 1399-1821.

Religious Map Mode gif, 1399-1821.

I really wish there was a Cultural Map Mode for the EU3view tool, but alas... I guess it isn't expected that cultures can change this radically very often. :)

And that's it, I guess. To all those of you who've followed and/or read this AAR, thank you so much. I couldn't have done this without you and your helpful hints along the way. I also hope it was worth your time; I know I'm not much of a narrator, and I know I tend to put up a lot of screenshots that the AAR could probably have done without. Still, this is my style, dull though it may be. :)

Thanks. While my laptop and office computer have 1 GB of RAM, my home PC has 8 GB. So I doubt it is a RAM problem.

It gets stuck transferring data from Photobucket. Now my home connection is a regular cable modem, but my office computer is on an Internet2 university network. So I doubt it is a connection issue either.

I can see animated gifs in other AARs, just not those done by kebzero for some reason.

PS: I can see the political animated gif from the above link, and the religious map took a long time to load. I finally could appreciate the great Cheesemaster's work! :)

Last edited:
FEEDBACK

...reviving this with feedback on the last day of the year... Hidden agenda? Why, me? Never! ;)

Congratulations! I suppose you are quite tired of EU3 now and will take a break before diving into HttT.
I forgot to request this before your last update, but I was wondering if you could post the 'prices of goods' ledger page.
Again, well done.
Thanks. :)

This should be it, sorted by current price.
last.jpg

Well done.

Chinese Cheese
Do as you please

Chinese Cheese
A world you seize

Chinese Cheese
Heathens you squeeze

Chinese Cheese
Oirats you appease

Chinese Cheese
To avoid sleaze

Chinese Cheese
With expertise
Nice poem. :)

The Religious Map Mode gif is the greatest thing ever, you can see the animist wave so perfectly :eek:
I like the wave, particularly once the Persian seeds are in full operation. :)

What's your next AAR going to be?
I'm not sure I'll ever make an AAR ever again, to be honest... It depends if I come across some exploit in HttT I want to explore, I suspect... I've not yet bought HttT, so at best it'll be far in the future. I'm much to preoccupied with WoW and Tropico 3 these days, and I sorta hope to install Hearts of Iron III sometime next year too. :)

Congratulations on this impresive piece of work (and work it must have been with all the rebel shepherding)

Don' worry, you won't be proven wrong. It is impossible. As a pagan there's no way of getting more than 2 missionaries a year (1 slider, .5 idea and .5 Rome), and there's 879 owned provinces in 1399, which means you're a bit more than 30 missionaries short.
And of course this doesn't even take into consideration the slight hassle of westernization, conquering rome and getting enough Shamanist peons to force convert the world for you ;)

Ryuku would probably be the only country to come even close to a total conversion as they're not tribal and thus wouldn't have to westernize and lose >100 missionaries just from going innovative. If all goes well, my Ashanti should be able to get just over 50% converted...
Thanks. Herding rebels is indeed time-consuming. It requires a lot of pausing to calculate infantry movement, so you can be sure to intercept any rebel stack that wins a siege in case they want to walk somewhere they shouldn't. :)

I agree with Starfury, you just don't get enough missionaries as a Pagan to do anything remotely like this. Although it wasn't the main priority my Iroquois only made it south of Panama.

Maybe the released vassal trickery could help if you tried vassals of your own state culture and religion. I'm not sure how that would work but...
I've never played pagan nations, so I wouldn't know their troubles - but I'm presuming a Heretic Pagan won't change culture on conversion?

I wonder if it might be worth trying a repeat, but with a pagan nation and with a 'hacked' missionary rate... Granted, with the latter it would "only" be a matter of pulling off a world conquest. :)

a feat I'd say...

Next AAR please? :cool:
I've given you three brainchilds, are you really in need of more? Moreover, I'm out of interesting ideas. I was tempted to do an Austrian AAR, but this has already been done for HttT. I'll have to wait until I get HttT and find some kind of trick I want to explore thorugh AARs. That might be a long, long time coming... :)

*standing ovations*

Sir, you are a legend and the religion .gif map is probably the greatest thing I saw on this forum.

What your next rules-bending shenanigans will be?
Thank you. I'm fond of the religious gif myself. :)

I have no plans for any future shenanigans at this point.

Well done Sir, well done.

Look forward to your next adventuAAR :)

couldn't help myself
Thank you - not sure there will be any future adventures at this point. :)

I blame Photobucket. Their service mirrors what they get paid; nothing. ;)

I always have trouble uploading gifs to their site - their interface times out, even if the upload actually completes. Not sure why this happens.

Ah, well the world mono-state did abolish slavery, in which case I'm surprised there's still 1% supply and demand of it. Engine can't have 0%?

Happy new year!

Well, it'd be jolly for an empire to excluseively employ slaves of their own culture xD