• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I didn't intentionally downsize. Any decrease was solely due to attrition during the last punic war. I decided to strike when I did because I saw the disparity in naval size just growing as Egypt became too rich to overtake in terms of ship building. It was a gamble. I thought I had just enough ships to reach a draw at sea. And I saw no way to hold on to Africa. I really was depending on a wooden wall.

Have we then reached a point where the game is a foregone conclusion?

I'm in for the next game. Assuming we play the Second Punic war again, I think I'll try my hand at Numidia.

Awesome. We'll see what everyone thought about the 2nd Punic War Scenario. Egypt needs a check to their exxpansion as I proved. We might want to go back ot the original start date and make the Seleucids AI controlled. That would allow the players who picked Armenia, Pontus and even Egypt to pick the Seleucid beast apart during their many civil wars. Thus making the East a much more interesting place.

I was giving it some thought and I might be willing to give Carthage a go. Either that or Epirus, but i'm leaning towards Carthage. I've yet to colonize spain with Carthage, which sounds like fun.

Bet you guys haven't seen me in a while :p. If you guys do start another game i want to play :D shelt has my msn, or he can PM me on the forums :D

I'd be willing to start a new scenario, since I really can't do anything in the current one, as either Armenia (Should be hard with the Seleucids o_O) or Colchis. Never played as either, and since their in my favorite area, I could play as them.

Also, maybe this time we should increase AI difficulty? I can't stand how ridiculously stupid AI is in Normal, they're at least decent in Hard and Very Hard.

We will see if everyone wants to up the AI difficulty. I have never tried the AI on anything harder than Medium, should be fun. Tomorrow is Monday so if you guys want to start the new campaign tomorrow post it here. Also, we need a name for the new campaign.

I'll be playing tomorrow, though I think I'll play Parthia instead of Numidia. Hopefully the Armenians and I can destroy the Seleucids. :rofl:

I've also only played on Normal, so we'll see how the AI does on hard.

I'll be playing tomorrow, though I think I'll play Parthia instead of Numidia. Hopefully the Armenians and I can destroy the Seleucids. :rofl:

I've also only played on Normal, so we'll see how the AI does on hard.

Parthia is not around in the very beginning. I'm planning on us starting at the very beginning. That being said, if your set on being the Parthians you can join us with some random country and we can rehost when Parthia makes an appearance.

New Campaign: Pugna pro Oriens

I'm for upping the difficulty level. I've never played above medium, but would like to see what the AI is like at a harder level. Maybe it can beat Shelt.

Since there has been a lot of interest in the eastern minors, how about naming the campaign:
pugna pro oriens.

Last edited:
Parthia is not around in the very beginning. I'm planning on us starting at the very beginning. That being said, if your set on being the Parthians you can join us with some random country and we can rehost when Parthia makes an appearance.

Ah, I thought we were doing the Punic War again. In that case, I suppose I could play as Colchis or Iberia until Parthia shows up.

I'm for upping the difficulty level. I've never played above medium, but would like to see what the AI is like at a harder level. Maybe it can beat Shelt.

Since there has been a lot of interest in the eastern minors, how about naming the campaign:
pugna pro oriens.

Fine with me. I'll go with your suggestion for the name Ken. By the way what does it mean? I will make the new thread tomorrow and we'll all meet in the Meta tomorrow at the usual time.