• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the game so far, but I wouldn't mind a couple of minor QoL changes, such as the movement indicators being different colours on different map types - for example, it can be difficult to see where the movement options are on the "colder" maps as the dots are almost the same colour as the terrain.

As for future direction, I will be disappointed if the Fourth Succession War isn't a playable option. :D

I'm loving the game so far, but I wouldn't mind a couple of minor QoL changes, such as the movement indicators being different colours on different map types - for example, it can be difficult to see where the movement options are on the "colder" maps as the dots are almost the same colour as the terrain.

As for future direction, I will be disappointed if the Fourth Succession War isn't a playable option. :D

Well post your suggestion man. In detail. The devs have shown they listen to players suggestions and just look what their roadmap says about the June/July update. Alot of that are straight from players comments and suggestions.

so there was just an update today. Anyone know what was updated?

Beta patch went live. Patch notes:
Release 1.0.2 Notes, 5/4/2018

-Fixes to video player codec behavior to resolve .dll access violations that were causing consistent video player crashes for a small set of users.
-Memory management improvements.
-Fixing issues with the Valhalla Shadow Hawk variant failing to load in missions when selected.

I was baffled myself until I noticed they just edited the beta patch announcement instead of posting a new one for live patch.

Only 1 or 2 expansions? I want more! :p
To start: missing mechs, for example:
Banshee Q and S, Stalker 3H and 4N, Charger SB, Thug, Croket, Catapult C4, Wolverine M, Centurion AH, Hunchback SP, N, J... and some more.
More campaigns
Full IS map
More kind of contracts, like garrison. You deploy a lance of mechs for 1 month or whatever the contract is, and there is a chance of attack to happen.
Campaign missions: You have to fight 5 or 6 combats in a row, depending on the results of previous combats, like a planetary invasion, or defense.

And much more! Keep up the good work

Glad the Kickstarter kicks so much you-know-what ;) This game is tons of fun and minor inconveniencies like long loading times (which improved with the patches) can't stain it a bit. I really do hope that there will neither be "only" 2 or 3 DLCs (the BT-universe offers so much more) nor that this games ends with these. I'm happy to continue to support this game I so waited for so long (been playing the tabletop for 30 years now) and so far it turned out exactly as I wished it would be. Don't spoil this fantastic product with incompatible sequels or a short lived one-shot-release. We've all seen this before and it ruined many originally good games, so pretty-please try to go a different route than all the others. You created devoted fans with this franchise almost instantly that are willing to put more money into this game as long as they don't feel stiffed just for being fans. You've done great work - keep going!

In regards to suggestions :)...

I'm currently looking for more options to allow for the use of Light and Medium mechs late in the game, maybe even Heavies.

Right now, I'm rolling around on 4.5-5 skull planets. While those planets most certainly have some Assault level problems, I bet they also have easier problems that we just don't see because Darius is being all nefarious and screening our contract options. Let us tick a box or something and see all options. That way we can run some "easier" missions to train up pilots and/or run missions with Lights and Mediums and NOT run into 2 King Crabs and 2 Victors (seriously, that was A LOT of AC/20). Maybe some more descriptive intel as far as what the skulls represent as well. I don't want perfect intel, but an idea of "you can probably do this in mediums" would be nice.

Also linked to the above and maybe an idea for future expansions. Give us a reason to have multiple lances of mechs ready to go as well as more pilots. Right now I tend to run with 6 Mechs (Assaults) and about 8 pilots, 4 of which almost never see use. Maybe in the future give us an option to run a scouting/harassing mission that preceeds the main mission. It can be "part" of the overall mission as it doesn't generate any extra c-bills but it could maybe give a bonus salvage option? The main goal though would be to scout out the enemy force composition, location and plans though. Or, you could even go further and "harass" their force thus reducing what your main lance has to face (Basically you can reduce the number of reinforcement drops by one, or maybe a few mechs out of a drop). A way to keep it from being "just another assault mission" could be to make the goal mobile and whatever you send into the screening/scout mission is blocked out for the main mission. For the mobile goal it would basically be to get "eyes" on an enemy lance of mechs headed for your upcoming battlefield perhaps. And they would not engage your screening/scouting force unless fired upon, but they will probably have a screening force of lighter mechs/vehicles of their own to harass your scouting lance. It would be an option but not mandatory. Also, maybe give an option to just pay for better intel (More info, but no reduction of enemy forces and such) to provide a C-bill sink.

This is a very rough "first draft" of some ideas for expanding on the game play and options. Fire away on trying to improve them or trash them if they're bad :).

Thanks for the great game.

I deeply regret not backing this game, but I have been disappointed too many times in the past... How could I know that it would have been different this time :(

Not only that, but the fact that the franchise is still being (slowly) revived. I, personally, was thinking less about "the Star Citizen incident", and more about how Battletech was still actively dead, at the time, despite MWO being a thing.
Now, it's a different story. The clearest indicator that Battletech/MechWarrior is coming back was when my local gaming store got a tabletop Battletech group started. That hasn't happened in over 15 years, here.

Also of note..... since there are so many delightful little throwbacks to MechCommander.... is it really too much to ask to have one of my pilots shout "WHO WANTS SOME'A THIS?!" every now and again?

For that matter.... when 3053 rolls around and we go to drop the bass on Clan Smoke Jaguar on Port Arthur, I'm gonna need my old Lance back: Lynx, Mantis, Siren, and Hawk.

On another note. Something that has been missing from pretty much every previous Battletech-based video game is the unadulterated fear when anything carrying an AC20 shows up on the battlefield. Tabletoppers know what that feels like. HBS has captured that dread, in full-force with this game, and I love it. Panic ensues whenever an enemy Hunchback is revealed, and I find myself dropping what I was doing to burn that thing down before it can close to range with my lance. Seriously, devs. Thank you for that.
As to the quality of the game.... the soundtrack is the worst part of the game, and even then, the soundtrack is mindblowingly good.

This is, by far, the best Battletech product, ever, and that's saying something. Bring my beloved fandom back to life. I need it to happen. :)

more more more.... I want it all..... everything from the end of the story now through to the dark age and beyond. 20 years of battletech or more from you guys :D

S**t goes kind of bananas after the Word of Blake/Jihad era. I haven't touched the Dark Ages era except for one tabletop session with the 2005-era click figures. It was.... interesting to say the least. Still can't wrap my head around the factions. Is Davion Swordsworn, or Republic of the Sphere? And why is Kurita the only intact great house? So many questions.... so little time.

Dear developers, thanks for a good game which once again revived memories of books read long ago in this universe. But very sad little card, no mechs and events since the invasion of the clans and the truce after the battle of Hokkaido. Please give us as the first paid add-on clan mechs and their unique technology and weapons and not taking out mechs League of the era and please add marader, it is a cult mech, on a par with the Atlas, and in the game it is not. All other things, the customization of the pilots, the new tree of pumping, it can be released later.

From a Battletech board game and Mechwarrior pen and paper RPG veteran, all I can say is... THANK YOU. And shut up and take my money, more expansions and content please. Keep the good work!

Dear developers, thanks for a good game which once again revived memories of books read long ago in this universe. But very sad little card, no mechs and events since the invasion of the clans and the truce after the battle of Hokkaido. Please give us as the first paid add-on clan mechs and their unique technology and weapons and not taking out mechs League of the era and please add marader, it is a cult mech, on a par with the Atlas, and in the game it is not. All other things, the customization of the pilots, the new tree of pumping, it can be released later.

It seems there is a problem of copyright with several mechs, all the starting I think: Wasp, Stinger, P.Hawk, Rifleman, Archer, Warhammer, Marauder... and they cannot be used in battletech then. I think we should create those mechs again, just change the model and the name, but same: 75 tons, 2PPCs, 2ML, AC5 and so on, it possible.

[QUOTE="]...[/QUOTE]

It has not been. The lawsuit against HBS was only against the Atlas, Shadow Hawk and Locust iirc and not any if the Macross/Robotech designs. Feel free to read through the very extensive thread on the subject for the info.

For that matter.... when 3053 rolls around and we go to drop the bass on Clan Smoke Jaguar on Port Arthur, I'm gonna need my old Lance back: Lynx, Mantis, Siren, and Hawk.

Never mind 3053, what about 3049 when the Clans first show up? Trying to reproduce that in a game where the player only controls a single lance without sending game balance out the airlock is going to be something of a challenge, methinks.

On another note. Something that has been missing from pretty much every previous Battletech-based video game is the unadulterated fear when anything carrying an AC20 shows up on the battlefield. Tabletoppers know what that feels like. HBS has captured that dread, in full-force with this game, and I love it. Panic ensues whenever an enemy Hunchback is revealed, and I find myself dropping what I was doing to burn that thing down before it can close to range with my lance.

A Hunchback? A single AC/20 mounted on a lumbering 55-ton 'Mech that can either be burned down with some ease by long-range fire or have the AC/20 (or its ammunition hopper) taken out with a Precision Strike? Piffle, Sir, piffle! True fear is when a Demolisher and its twin AC/20s rolls into view. Panic is reserved for the likes of a Shrek PPC Carrier with its triple PPCs (yeah, twin AC/20s have higher damage numbers, but those PPCs can ruin your day from halfway across the map) or a Missile Carrier with its ludicrous number of missiles - and it doesn't really matter which type, either.

Or, like the random contract I got served up last night where my lance of one Assault 'Mech and three Heavy 'Mechs ran into a pirate lance of Assault 'Mechs - they only had 25% armour, so that diluted the terror somewhat - comprised of a King Crab, a Highlander and two Zeus. That was fun, but when I managed to head-chop the King Crab and salvage the entire thing? GLORIOUS.

im sorry but im really getting bored with the 2 to 1 odds all the time. This isnt realistic to me and why do we always have to go into a contract and be the ones with less on the battlefield? Id love some missions where i get to field 2 lances and randomly only fight 1 enemy lance. And the enemy reinforcements come in WAY to fast in most missions. Normally within the first 3 turns the inevitable reinforcements come rolling in. Can i get a special where I can call in some backup for a change?

True fear is when a Demolisher and its twin AC/20s rolls into view. Panic is reserved for the likes of a Shrek PPC Carrier with its triple PPCs (yeah, twin AC/20s have higher damage numbers, but those PPCs can ruin your day from halfway across the map) or a Missile Carrier with its ludicrous number of missiles - and it doesn't really matter which type, either.

I haven't had the pleasure of this kind of fear yet. I look forward to feeling it.
Also, SRM Carriers are proof that the gods exist and they hate me.

Or, like the random contract I got served up last night where my lance of one Assault 'Mech and three Heavy 'Mechs ran into a pirate lance of Assault 'Mechs - they only had 25% armour, so that diluted the terror somewhat - comprised of a King Crab, a Highlander and two Zeus. That was fun, but when I managed to head-chop the King Crab and salvage the entire thing? GLORIOUS.

Yeah, I've already had that King Crab spoiled for me. I'm gonna try like hell to salvage it, when I meet it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.