• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great news! Tyler pretty well spilled the beans on achieving at least a certain level of "success" in his AMA, but it's great to see it up in lights from official channels.

The plan looks great too. I can't wait for some of this stuff and have already started rooting around in the files for my own little Granular difficulty setting.

I for one am also glad that HBS is talking to Paradox on the roadmap. It has been a very common back and forth for someone to come along and say "LOLZ, Paradox DLC?!?" That person is then met with - to paraphrase - "Paradox has no input in the decision-making process" arguments. However, in my view, not getting input from a company that has an established track record of multi-year support and expansion on intricate strategy games would be a huge missed opportunity when trying to develop...a strategy game. Not only develop a strategy game, but also turn it into an ongoing franchise, if not an eternal franchise.

HBS has loads of talent and lots of experience with a great many things. That said, if they independently conceived of a content expansion plan that was 100% optimal to ensure maximum future success, it would probably be something that happened by accident. ;)

I'd also much rather have all the expansions build on the existing framework with all content being compatible with one another as is the Paradox way (lore willing - obviously the timeline needs to be respected). For a game like this or strategy games in general, that just seems like a better idea than having standalone sequels come along and DLC 1-3 work only with Game 1 and then DLC 4 & 5 work only with Game 2 and so on.

Congrats to HS & Paradox on the successful launch! I have been an early backer for seven video games. Three of them were disappointing. Three of the four great games I have backed were made by HS (Shadowrun Dragonfall, Shadowrun Hong Kong, and Battletech) and I look forward to backing future HS products. Thanks for making games that exceed my expectations!

Last edited:
Okay so while I am excited that they are now planning to move forward I feel like this announcement was a bit boiler plate. We know that they are looking at one or two paid expansions. We also know they are looking at some UI updates and patches for issues. But we see a few things ignored in this post, most glaring for me is the 21:9 support. This has generated a lot of thread activity as well as a small but hard hitting negative review campaign by some on Steam. You would think with all the noise raised this would have at least been addressed, instead any mention of it is kind of off the cuff and dismissive.

To the entire HBS crew, thank you for a good game, and helping me get my Battletech fix (tabletop player going way way back).

Met some of your team at GenCon last year, they were awesome.

• MechWarrior customization - We know that many players would like to change the appearance, callsign, name, and voice of all their MechWarriors, not just their Commander. This didn't make it in for launch but we'll be adding it in Update 1.

Along these lines, how about a custom Mechwarrior build option for use in Skirmish?

Name and appearance and so on could use the same setup as the campaign character creation.

For skills, either a fixed number of points, or the better the pilot the more they cost against total value?

As a KB backer I am quite happy with the game and the success it has had. I look forward to future expansions and patches.
That being said, my enthusiasm has been tempered a bit, due to the fact I actually bought 2 copies of the game during the KS, one for me and one for my brother. And while the game runs great for me ( except you guys need to support 21:9 ratios), it fails to load on my brothers system and he has yet to be able to play.
I hope you guys have these issues on TOP on the priority list! I WANT to be able to beat my brothers ass in multiplayer!

I run mechwarrior and battletech campaigns during my weekly gaming sessions. I've gotten to live in open ended battletech environments every once in awhile over the years, and you guys got it. You managed that same feel as not just a table top session, but a table top roleplaying session, (Which is, in my opinion, best session.)

I may always want more, because I am greedy, and imaginative, but you've done well. I'd say Triple A quality, but I'd rather not diminish your success. Bravo. Encore!

~Leone.

Congrats, team! The game is amazing, and I too will open my wallet wide for quality DLC for as long as you're willing and able. :)

I'm actually surprised more people haven't asked about online co-op multiplayer as a priority roadmap item. It's my #1 most anticipated feature enhancement. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what's currently on the announced roadmap, and I think those improvements will bring a lot to an already great product. But being able to run through a co-op campaign with my friends and family? That's pure gold for me.

#InSuccess

Glad to see the road map. Fortunately the game has run flawlessly for me, except for one manual save corruption that caused the game to crash.

But really looking forward to the new stuff and expansions you have in the pipe.

Great job, guys! Loving the game so far and very happy to see continued work on it.

Any word on potential co-op skirmishes against AI? I know a few people who would definitely pick this up once that is in, if it makes it.

I have been looking forward to this and my expectations are more than met. Love every second of it and I think I won`t get tired of blowing up Mechs for a long time. Thanks HBS. :)

The-A-Team.jpg

Congrats HBS!
Aside from some technical issues I read about on the forum the game is already extremely addicting and fun. For me the game runs without problems (fast load times, no crashes).
Can't wait to see what's next!

Status
Not open for further replies.