• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
QWhtvok.jpg

:( Dang. Should have kept my mouth shut.

Sign me up as a biology/physics/medicine not at all mad scientist!
No Biologists yet. How about a Power and Propulsion scientist?

Mid-April 1953: Avernite has completed +20% Mining efficiency, and has started work on +20% Research efficiency with one lab, handing over his other four labs to our Power and Propulsion scientist (Herbert West?) who is working towards our first spaceship engine tech.

Put me in command of one of those fancy combat trainers please.

Cool, always meant to get into this game.

I'll join the navy please. Just give me a ship and point me at the xenos.I will start making Exterminatus 'contingencies' right away!

All hail the Great Emu.

Does being a politician do anything under your reign?

Or will I just pretend to be doing things while being completely useless?

Might as join in as a politician, as we don't have any of those in this game yet, and that's just unrealistic.

I want to join the navy.

I'm in. Would love to join the navy please. I've always wanted to explore the stars.

We have completed our first Power tech (Pressurized Water Reactor) and have started work on our first Propulsion tech (Nuclear Thermal Propulsion). We expect to launch our first functional spacecraft (a Geo-scout) in the early 1960s.

March 28th, 1955.

Our progress so far:

From our original total of 6 research labs, we have expanded to 13 labs distributed one per scientist except that our Power and Propulsion scientist has nine labs. He is working on our first spaceship propulsion tech, Nuclear Thermal Propulsion.

Our starting total of 5000 conventional industries gave us an initial industrial strength of 6000 construction points per year (including my own bonus as leader). By converting 1500 of them to TN construction factories and researching a +20% construction tech, we have roughly quadrupled (x4) that total, to 25,632 construction points per year.

Minerals still look OK, but our Mercassium reserves are beginning to be a concern. Mercassium is used to build research labs and spaceship life support systems.

We expect to lay down our first Geo-Survey vessels in late summer of 1956. In order to speed up the completion of these survey craft, we are using construction factories to pre-build ship components as our scientists complete the component designs. Four 50-ton NTP (nuclear thermal propulsion) engines have been finished and delivered to the shipyard, in anticipation of the start of the Geo-Survey Vessel construction.

Still waiting on designs for the Geo-Survey scanners and Duranium hull armor, both techs under development and due to complete in summer 1956.

June 20th, 1956.

Our first two spaceships, the ESNS Agassiz and ESNS Hutton, have been laid down at the Vulcan Foundries, to be assembled using pre-built components. Because the engines and sensors were supplied by our construction factories, it will only take four months and ten days to complete these two vessels.

Geologist class Geological Survey Vessel 3 600 tons 55 Crew 327.25 BP TCS 72 TH 125 EM 0
1736 km/s Armour 1-20 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/2 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
MSP 57 Max Repair 100 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months Spare Berths 5

125 EP CIV NT Engine (1) Power 125 Fuel Use 8.84% Signature 125 Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 100 000 Litres Range 56.6 billion km (377 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (2) 2 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Note that the vessels carry sufficient life-support for a two-year mission, and can support five extra people in addition to their 55-man crew. This will enable them to carry teams (such as Geology teams) and drop them off to search bodies of interest, on-site.

Note that the vessels carry sufficient life-support for a two-year mission, and can support five extra people in addition to their 55-man crew. This will enable them to carry teams (such as Geology teams) and drop them off to search bodies of interest, on-site.

Could we put ground forces on to launch a preemptive invasion of Venus? I don't trust any planet that can't support life.