• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do inactive TAGs (as in, any nation that doesn't currently exist because it has no land) use anywhere near as much processing as active AIs? (Well, I guess this isn't relevant for CK2, but at least for EU4/V2 and maybe HoI3)

Do inactive TAGs (as in, any nation that doesn't currently exist because it has no land) use anywhere near as much processing as active AIs? (Well, I guess this isn't relevant for CK2, but at least for EU4/V2 and maybe HoI3)
As far as I know, this is true for EUIV, and not any older games like Victoria II and HoI3.

Have you considered starting a Kickstarter for your bulletproof idea? Why do you need Paradox when you clearly have this thing sown up? The people will come. Don't wait for Paradox to come.
Ok, he was a bit cocky about it. The provable reason why he would want paradox is because he knows paradox make great games, and that they could probably develop his game very well. Is it such a crime to want to work with these guys... That being said he was a bit dull of himself.

Th
For all of us :p And I must say that no one here says "No, thank you." to chocolate, there are many that do not drink alcohol or like whiskey or beer.

Favorite time is very hard as there are many interesting time periods. I like the suffragettes during the Industrial Revolution, the French Revolution is amazing (Women's March on Versaille, for example), Medieval times are nice too. I dislike periods of war such as World War I and II, but that's more because I dislike war than I dislike the specific time periods.

Catherine Sforza is one of my many favorites. I tend to prefer strong women that had some kind of power, be it political, military or other, than men in a position of power, maybe because I am a woman myself and/or because there has been so many injustices made in history towards woman that I get a feeling of victory whenever I read about people who crush society's norms.

The World Wars. Why they happened, how they happened and the consequences. I think the world would've been a better place if they had never occurred.
e world wars were horrible, but long term they may have actually done benefit. From the ashes of WWII the EU and UN were founded. Think about all of the wars that have been stopped by these. Without the world wars it would likely have made the world more pre world war: lots of large, but not world scale, conflicts, such as the Russo-Japanese war. Imperialism would have been unchecked, and we wouldn't have the mainly pacifist world we live in today. I mean, would Sweden ever try to conquer Russia today... Also, the technological advancements made in WW2 advanced humanity. Nuclear energy is the future, and the US economy was lifted out of recession. The US involvement in the wars is what propelled it to becoming a player at the world stage. And India would likely still be a colony: No weakened European states and UN= no decolonisation.

To be fair, the thread description is "Ask us anything"
Yes, but if you read the OP, you will find this:
Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions.

Reactions:
Happened to be looking at the early posts in this thread:
Will you pay me to play your games so I can pack in my 12-hour day job and paint maps all day?
Better late than never I guess. :)

Reactions:
Will ck2 and eu4 run ok on my pc if it is just slightly better than the recommended hardware requirements?
Probably. But post the actual specs in one of those two forums please.

Since you make amazing historical games, I was wondering if you are thinking about creating one game that will cover starting a civilization to a present day? There will be an option to continue playing when you reach the end date. Something like combining Civilization with Europa Universalis or Victoria.

Reactions:
Since you make amazing historical games, I was wondering if you are thinking about creating one game that will cover starting a civilization to a present day? There will be an option to continue playing when you reach the end date. Something like combining Civilization with Europa Universalis or Victoria.

The games are good because they are focused. With a loss of focus comes a loss of depth and then you have a more generic, less replayable game.

Reactions:
The games are good because they are focused. With a loss of focus comes a loss of depth and then you have a more generic, less replayable game.
Well it could still be focused in the sense you are controlling a civilization through time. They could have just the main events that occurred throughout time. Do you consider Civiilization unfocused?

Reactions:
Well it could still be focused in the sense you are controlling a civilization through time. They could have just the main events that occurred throughout time. Do you consider Civiilization unfocused?
Yes, very. It's extremely abstract.

Reactions:
If you span such a large time span and over so much technological development it isn't possible to make deep mechanics like the ones we know from PDS games; it will simply have to be much much more superficial than the current games. Also even if it was possible to make it as deep as what we have now it would be such a resource hog that most people wouldn't be able to run it.

Reactions: